May 17 2011
By: Retwu462 First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Sign in using another user's sign in ID

4 replies 1350 views Edited May 17, 2011

I just bought my PS3 from a friend who is graduating. It came with his sign in ID. I created mine on the playstation website and when I tried to sign in with mine ID, my PS3 just tells me I can't sign in using another user's sign in ID(email address). Can someone please help me with it?  Btw, I have created a new account and deleted his old one, but the problem is still not solved.

Message 1 of 5 (1,350 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Re: Sign in using another user's sign in ID

May 17, 2011

Retwu462 wrote:

I just bought my PS3 from a friend who is graduating. It came with his sign in ID. I created mine on the playstation website and when I tried to sign in with mine ID, my PS3 just tells me I can't sign in using another user's sign in ID(email address). Can someone please help me with it?  Btw, I have created a new account and deleted his old one, but the problem is still not solved.

Because of the new security features and updates each ps3 is now secured to a persons ip address, email and account. When your friend gave you the ps3 he should of unregistered it first from his account so that you could register under your account. So basicly your friend needs to fully unregister the ps3 first before passing onto you. It wont take long to do, he just has to hook it back up at his place, goto account management and follow the steps to unregister the ps3.

I know this sounds like a pain in the rear, but its part of the new security features sony has in place where the ps3 is more locked into a persons account....wich if you look at it will help thwart thiefs as well because now they cant access the psn if they take someones ps3.

If all else fails call sony.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 2 of 5 (1,350 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1847 posts

May 17, 2011

no, you could never sign into the palystation network, on a local acount that has already been linked to another psn accounts, its in no way part of the new security features, lets say there are 2 local accounts, account A, and account B, if account A links with psnA, and account B has not been linked with a psn account, psn account psnB can only be linked to a local account that has not been linked yet.

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars
Message 3 of 5 (1,350 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 2, 2012

If none of that works do a safe mode login (On standby hold on button, machine turns on and off, let go then push/hold on button again until u get 2 beeps then let go) choose system restore, NOTE THIS WILL DELETE ALL DATA ON YOUR PS3 but then u can sign in using your new account like the console is new out of the box !

Message 4 of 5 (1,298 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 3, 2015
Will this delete the games
Message 5 of 5 (372 Views)
0 Likes