Highlighted
Jun 19 2010
By: doerf54 Monster Hunter 28 posts

Sign in ID Question

6 replies 14 views Edited Jun 19, 2010

I want to change my sign in ID because I have two email addresses and one of them will be deactivated soon, which just happens to be the one I use to sign into the PSN. When I enter my other e-mail address to change it, it says it cannot be used, please try again. Anyone know why or how I can get this to work for me?

Message 1 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Re: Sign in ID Question

Jun 23, 2010
Message 2 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5700 posts

Jun 24, 2010

An email can only be used once for one account ever. So if you have already used the second email for another account you cannot re-use it for this one. This is the main reason for the system to tell you it's not valid.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 3 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Jun 24, 2010

I haven't made another account with my second email address though. I've always only had my original one with my first email address. Do you know if anything will happen if the email address I use to sign in is deactivated? Because if nothing will then I guess it really doesn't matter if I change it.

Message 4 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3210 posts

Jun 24, 2010

doerf54 wrote:

I haven't made another account with my second email address though. I've always only had my original one with my first email address. Do you know if anything will happen if the email address I use to sign in is deactivated? Because if nothing will then I guess it really doesn't matter if I change it.

You just won't get any promotional email from Sony anymore if you signed up for it.  Even if the email address you supply is deleted the PSN will still use it as your login ID.

The bigger problem is that if you ever need to reset your password for any reason you won't be able to without a valid email address.  And if you forget the address down the road you will be screwed.

Try changing your email address again on the PS3; you can also do it on playstation.com.  If it won't work then call Sony and find out why, or perhaps ask them to change it.  You could also create a new email address on gmail.com or yahoo.com and use that.

Message 5 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Jun 24, 2010

My second email address is a gmail account and that's the one I'm trying to switch it too. I'll keep trying and if it doesn't work I'll try to get a hold of Sony like you said. Thanks

Message 6 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 6, 2011

Hi, I was just wondering if I got a PSN account deleted by Sony, is it possible to use the email that I was using for that PSN or its only good for one account?

Message 7 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes