Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/06/2008
Offline
1480 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013
Its a double standard about giving a release date. On numerous occasions I've seen people lashing out because an exact release date hasn't been confirmed. Its a lose lose situation.
Message 71 of 159 (163 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/18/2013
Offline
10 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013
Yeah....let's just release a buggy game simply so that we can have another game at launch. Because that would leave such a WONDERFUL first impression......
Message 72 of 159 (156 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/23/2007
Offline
171 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013
I am okay with these delays, but let me explain why.

I was interested in Watch Dogs, but was going to wait until after launch anyway. I was actually really happy about getting the PS+ edition of DriveClub and I am disappointing by the delay.

With that said, I am okay with these delays because I will be getting an additional free PS+ game and wont miss out on PS+ DriveClub when its ready. This just gives me even more for my money. I also have big issues with the lull that happens after every console launch. These two delays will hopefully fill the gap with some solid content and will allow me to enjoy my other launch games and then have some new experiences in the coming months.

I actually think that the silver lining to this is Contrast. PS+ subscribers are getting a replacement for DriveClub and that shows once again that Sony is really customer focused and understands the impact of the delay.
Message 73 of 159 (147 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 05/14/2012
Offline
514 posts
 

Re: I'm sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Guys guys guys, op is just a raging kid. He raged at me in the gta section cause HE was being racist

So the burn still hurts? You are a troll trying to provoke people

 

How in any way was racist, take a look people: https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Grand-Theft-Auto-Series/3-playable-characters-and-not-one-of...

Message 74 of 159 (131 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/14/2012
Offline
514 posts
 

Re: I'm sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013
Telltale games announce The Walking Dead: 400 days and Wolf Among Us a week before release date
Message 75 of 159 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/15/2012
Offline
93 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013

Yeah Watch Dogs and DriveClub got delayed, at least we still have Knack... 

Message 76 of 159 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/11/2013
Offline
328 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
I think part of the problem is a lot of newer/younger gamers have low standards from gaming companies and they think delays, half finished games, and game publishers holding back content for later dlc's is just how the gaming business should be. I believe when a game has a release date it should be met, if the publisher is not 100% certain it can deliver on time then why give a release date?

If I remember correctly drive club was suppose to be a free game on ps+. Has $ony said anything about replacing that game or are the ps+ just screwed.

I fully agree with the people **bleep** off about the delays and I can't figure out why people on these boards are so quick to defend poor business practices. Every project has problems and issues, and nobody want to hear excuses why a deadline was not met.

THANK YOU!

Someone that agrees.


As for PS+, Contrast and Res0Gun are taking its place.

 

But I'm still not driving like I wanted to...


I've been gaming sicne the days of the Atari, and I have high standards for games - that's why I am begrudgingly okay with these delays. I'm not happy about them, but I understand them.  It's not the best business, but I don't care about that.  i do not play Battlefield and think to myself, "Wow, I bet the introduction of Premium really reinforced EA's stock!"  

 

This is about enjoying a good game.  Period.  If either W_D or DC had been released buggy, I would have been furious. 

 

Speaking only for myself, I'm not defending the decision - I'm just trying to understand it.

 

Also, Res0gun and Contrast look great, so, I'm not feeling the least bit snubbed by that aspect of the decision. 


I'm just tired of waiting, I suppose. 

I know that they're trying to improve the game, but I really hate getting my hopes up on a game releasing only to hear "It's getting delayed!"

Most games that get delayed, I just stop caring about them and don't pick them up. It's not worth it to me to keep waiting around, even if it's to make the game better. My mind will be on other matters.

I thought DriveClub looked interesting, and I was ready to get what looked like a really cool racing game. But I'm not interested in it if I have to wait longer for it.

Happened with Rayman Legends too. The only reason I bought that was because a friend convinced me that I should for closure on the delay.

Was a good game, but that delay for other consoles really killed my buzz and made parts of it just frustrating.

Message 77 of 159 (120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5477 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013

Vladdie93 wrote:

I'm just tired of waiting, I suppose. 

I know that they're trying to improve the game, but I really hate getting my hopes up on a game releasing only to hear "It's getting delayed!"

Most games that get delayed, I just stop caring about them and don't pick them up. It's not worth it to me to keep waiting around, even if it's to make the game better. My mind will be on other matters.

I thought DriveClub looked interesting, and I was ready to get what looked like a really cool racing game. But I'm not interested in it if I have to wait longer for it.

Happened with Rayman Legends too. The only reason I bought that was because a friend convinced me that I should for closure on the delay.

Was a good game, but that delay for other consoles really killed my buzz and made parts of it just frustrating.


It's frustrating for all of us, sir. Smiley Happy

 

I get it.  I really, honestly get it.  In the case of W_D, I think it'll be worth it.  In terms of Driveclub, I certainly hope so.  Thanks for such a great response. Smiley Happy

Grindhead_Jim

Message 78 of 159 (116 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/11/2013
Offline
328 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013

userusb wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:

3) If people keep delaying and delaying, all we get is more time we're forced to wait. I'm tired of delays. We shouldn't reward delays with more money. Get it done right the first time or don't do it.

Rockstar delayed GTA V and that is great game. The extra time spent waiting was well worth it and I'm sure Watch_Dogs will be worth it as well.

 

Here's an example of what happens when a game is not delayed. I will be using an Xbox exclusive but I think it is a good example. Epic Games released Gears of War 2 in 2008. They had to release 6 updates over the course of 2 years to fix numerous glitches in it while also adding in a few new multiplayer features such as numbered ranks. Would you rather have a game that has to be patched many times just to fix the glitches, or have a game that is released that doesn't contain experience-ruining glitches?


I'd rather have people do their jobs and get it out when they say it's coming out.

I wouldn't mind so much if DriveClub was meant to come out in the Spring. If they had originally said "This game is coming out in the Spring" rather than "It's coming out at launch" and delaying it, I would've been completely content with it.

 

But no. I got my hopes up for nothing. Started to get excited, more interested in the game as it keeps building up, looking forward to playing it with friends, and now I gotta wait four more months at least just to get it.

 

No thank you.

 

 

As you've read, I'm very much a man of my word, and I intend that other people keep theirs as well. When they say it releases, then it should release. I'm getting sick and tired of so many games I want to get continually delaying because of some reason. Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Watch Dogs, Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze, and now Drive Club.

(PS I didn't really have much of a focus on GTAV until it came out. The delay didn't bother me since I didn't care).

Message 79 of 159 (111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/11/2013
Offline
328 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
I think part of the problem is a lot of newer/younger gamers have low standards from gaming companies and they think delays, half finished games, and game publishers holding back content for later dlc's is just how the gaming business should be. I believe when a game has a release date it should be met, if the publisher is not 100% certain it can deliver on time then why give a release date?

If I remember correctly drive club was suppose to be a free game on ps+. Has $ony said anything about replacing that game or are the ps+ just screwed.

I fully agree with the people **bleep** off about the delays and I can't figure out why people on these boards are so quick to defend poor business practices. Every project has problems and issues, and nobody want to hear excuses why a deadline was not met.

THANK YOU!

Someone that agrees.


As for PS+, Contrast and Res0Gun are taking its place.

 

But I'm still not driving like I wanted to...


I've been gaming sicne the days of the Atari, and I have high standards for games - that's why I am begrudgingly okay with these delays. I'm not happy about them, but I understand them.  It's not the best business, but I don't care about that.  i do not play Battlefield and think to myself, "Wow, I bet the introduction of Premium really reinforced EA's stock!"  

 

This is about enjoying a good game.  Period.  If either W_D or DC had been released buggy, I would have been furious. 

 

Speaking only for myself, I'm not defending the decision - I'm just trying to understand it.

 

Also, Res0gun and Contrast look great, so, I'm not feeling the least bit snubbed by that aspect of the decision. 


Yep, old(er) gamer here also. Wife, 5 kids, 3 dogs, 12 fish and all that. I agree with Grindhead_Jim here.

 

I understand being upset about delays. I preordered Torchlight 2 4-pack in May 2012 after they said they thought a month after Diablo 3 would be a good time (that would mean June) and said it would be a summer release. I bought it thinking I could play with my boys during theirs and my summer break from school.

 

We got it on Sept. 20th after they had started school and just before I had to go back to school (out of town all week). So much for that idea. We still had a good summer though. Smiley Very Happy

 

I'll wait for it's release to decide if I'm upset by it's delay. If it turns out like Ratchet and Clank: FFA on Vita with gameplay issues after being delayed, then I'll be upset. Luckily this is being made by a studio who has a long history of making solid racing games. 

 

Edit: Could you imagine if console launches were handled in one of these two ways.

 

1. They only announced the consoles launch after all the launch games were done. (Wonder what would have happened w/XB1 and there announced always online, and all their other reversals). Would the console be launched as soon as 6-7 developers announced they are done? Where would the hype be? No preorders? Seems like Publishers/Developers would lose money if they sat on a game until consoles were manufactured. Hmm... Smiley Frustrated

 

2. During the reveal of the consoles they would have said, "These are games that are coming to next gen. However, we have no release dates for them. They'll be done when they're ready."

 

Gamer askes, "Will that be a launch game?"

 

Publisher, "We have no idea. It'll be done when it's done. We don't want to upset anyone who's sanity may hinge on an announced release date being delayed." Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy

 

Gamer, ***RAGE*** Smiley Mad Smiley LOL


Most of the time with these delays I get really disappointed because most of them aren't worth it. I'm especially getting tired of it because it's happening too often in this whole next-gen era.

 

As for your hypothetical situations, I'd prefer the first one. I would make sure that the games we put in advertisements and as our main focus were ready to go beforehand. The difference with what you say and what I think is that we'd have the main few games (like the Knack and the Killzone and the DriveClub) done either before or at the time that the console is announced and then make sure that we have more people making more games throughout the year. That way all the bases are covered in the beginning, and an even distribution of games may occur so many interests can start off and keep going. Rather than riding on the hope that it'll be done by the time we say, delay it if it isn't and getting people disappointed at that time, I'd rather ensure people can be happy with a small selection of big games rather than a big selection of similar games.

Message 80 of 159 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes