Fender Bender
3576 posts

Re: I'm sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

darkforcegod wrote:

Why is there so many fanatism?   Why some people here are just focused on a single game??? Delays happen in EVERYTHING ON EARTH.  You need to grow up and understand.  If I was going to kill for every game I had to wait in my life because of delays I would be Hitler by now.  Stop crying and be a man or woman.  You need to understand that Sony does not want to delay games.  They do it because they know that if they launch the game in Nov 15 its going to get serious problems and those that are complaining now will be posting all over the WWW about how bad the game is and that it needs a thousand patches -_-.  So please stay calm buy your PS4 and play another game.  There is a lot of games coming and not because at launch you are not getting the game you want that doesnt mean that PS4 is going to end or that those are the only games that are coming for the console.  

USE YOUR HEADS.  Being fanatic is a problematic thing.  It gets you in trouble and bad reputation so stay put and sit down and enjoy PS4 or stop arguing about stupid things.

Thank you

Sincerly, darkforcegod

"Why is there so many fanatism?" *proceeds to write the same BS "everything is ok" said Sony fanboy

You know, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're a "fanboy".

Message 51 of 159 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013
Black0Panther, I'm having issues with this forum, so here's my response in the quick reply.

I don't agree for these reasons.
1) You can't sue over a bad game.
2) What they're doing for DriveClub (according to the PS blog) is making it prettier and giving it online. Nothing that'd make it a bad game to be without.
3) If people keep delaying and delaying, all we get is more time we're forced to wait. I'm tired of delays. We shouldn't reward delays with more money. Get it done right the first time or don't do it.
Message 52 of 159 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Oct 18, 2013
As for last minute issues, Yes they should publish it.
Because nowadays there are ways of patching up bugs without having to delay games.
And if the hundreds of times people test a game during the process isn't enough to get out the major bugs and issues, you're doing it wrong.
Message 53 of 159 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3347 posts

Oct 18, 2013
I think part of the problem is a lot of newer/younger gamers have low standards from gaming companies and they think delays, half finished games, and game publishers holding back content for later dlc's is just how the gaming business should be. I believe when a game has a release date it should be met, if the publisher is not 100% certain it can deliver on time then why give a release date?

If I remember correctly drive club was suppose to be a free game on ps+. Has $ony said anything about replacing that game or are the ps+ just screwed.

I fully agree with the people **bleep** off about the delays and I can't figure out why people on these boards are so quick to defend poor business practices. Every project has problems and issues, and nobody want to hear excuses why a deadline was not met.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FFlag_of_the_United_States&ei=HGqXVcugMIi9yQSa-5bwDQ&bvm=bv.96952980,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNEqWns0031bp3LjoQVSfZCWL7wJsA&ust=1436072856841880r

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9a/Confederate_Rebel_Flag.svg/2000px-Confederate_Rebel_Flag.svg.png&imgrefurl=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America&h=1263&w=2000&tbnid=1ovEoPT0JGXDuM:&zoom=1&docid=VtEqfLN8_McyFM&ei=D2mXVam1K9PloATCuJSQCA&tbm=isch&ved=0CDEQMygAMAA
Message 54 of 159 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Oct 18, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
I think part of the problem is a lot of newer/younger gamers have low standards from gaming companies and they think delays, half finished games, and game publishers holding back content for later dlc's is just how the gaming business should be. I believe when a game has a release date it should be met, if the publisher is not 100% certain it can deliver on time then why give a release date?

If I remember correctly drive club was suppose to be a free game on ps+. Has $ony said anything about replacing that game or are the ps+ just screwed.

I fully agree with the people **bleep** off about the delays and I can't figure out why people on these boards are so quick to defend poor business practices. Every project has problems and issues, and nobody want to hear excuses why a deadline was not met.

THANK YOU!

Someone that agrees.

As for PS+, Contrast and Res0Gun are taking its place.

But I'm still not driving like I wanted to...

Message 55 of 159 (172 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5472 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Vladdie93 wrote:

MADDENKING1980 wrote:

THANK YOU!

Someone that agrees.

As for PS+, Contrast and Res0Gun are taking its place.

But I'm still not driving like I wanted to...

I've been gaming sicne the days of the Atari, and I have high standards for games - that's why I am begrudgingly okay with these delays. I'm not happy about them, but I understand them.  It's not the best business, but I don't care about that.  i do not play Battlefield and think to myself, "Wow, I bet the introduction of Premium really reinforced EA's stock!"  

This is about enjoying a good game.  Period.  If either W_D or DC had been released buggy, I would have been furious. 

Speaking only for myself, I'm not defending the decision - I'm just trying to understand it.

Also, Res0gun and Contrast look great, so, I'm not feeling the least bit snubbed by that aspect of the decision. 

Grindhead_Jim

Message 56 of 159 (157 Views)
Fender Bender
3576 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Vladdie93 wrote:

3) If people keep delaying and delaying, all we get is more time we're forced to wait. I'm tired of delays. We shouldn't reward delays with more money. Get it done right the first time or don't do it.

Rockstar delayed GTA V and that is great game. The extra time spent waiting was well worth it and I'm sure Watch_Dogs will be worth it as well.

Here's an example of what happens when a game is not delayed. I will be using an Xbox exclusive but I think it is a good example. Epic Games released Gears of War 2 in 2008. They had to release 6 updates over the course of 2 years to fix numerous glitches in it while also adding in a few new multiplayer features such as numbered ranks. Would you rather have a game that has to be patched many times just to fix the glitches, or have a game that is released that doesn't contain experience-ruining glitches?

Message 57 of 159 (152 Views)
Gaming Beast
2022 posts

Oct 18, 2013
It is not that I am a fanboy. I am speaking the truth. We dont have to be fighting and overracting about a game delay people. You need to understand that this things happen. And for the record I preffer PlayStation over PC and Xbox but that is my opinion.

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 58 of 159 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10077 posts

Oct 18, 2013
Not sure why he thinks the race would be much tighter. First off, launch games usually sell horrible regardless. Just look at M$'s last launch lineup. No first party game sold even close to a million copies and the only exclusive I believe exceeded 1 million was COD2.

If you absoutely need a console at launch and can't wait for games, you are impulsive. Why should Sony or any developer for that matter, cater to you and lose money instead of making a better product for the rest of us? A rushed game could be a **bleep** game and could very well effect the quality of the game any any credibility for future installments.

Be happy Sony isn't forcing these Activision/EA type deadlines. If you don't like it, play something else. I mean you couldn't have possibly played everything the PS3 has to offer. In other words, stop acting like a 12 year old.
Message 59 of 159 (139 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5472 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
Be happy Sony isn't forcing these Activision/EA type deadlines. If you don't like it, play something else. I mean you couldn't have possibly played everything the PS3 has to offer. In other words, stop acting like a 12 year old.

keepplease.jpg

Grindhead_Jim

Message 60 of 159 (133 Views)
0 Likes