Fender Bender
3302 posts

Re: I'm sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013

And when they released an unfinished rushed turd you would still complain why didn't they delay the game since no one forced them to release it half baked.

Message 21 of 159 (284 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9077 posts

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013

Patience i planned on getting the system on launch but will probably get it this december or next year.Besides most of the good games will come out next year or so.Unexpected things happens that why the game was delayed.Also lets not forget other games that were delayed were also delayed on other platforms so is not like the PS4 is only one getting affected here

KANE-FIRE

Message 22 of 159 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3302 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2013

Spores_ wrote:

Im totally all for delays and taking the time to make the game a more enjoyable experience,

but what is kind of fishy to me is wouldn't the game be technically finished if you announce it as a launch title?

So to delay it a month from the PS4 launch that means that the whole time Sony was saying its a launch title the game was actually still being made??

Seems kind of shady to me.

Kind of like the same concept as betting money on something when you don't have the money to bet thinking you are going to win, sort of right?? Can't really bet on a title being finished at launch and announcing it when you know there is a possibility it may not be.

Its just more of a loyalty /type of rule thing for me I guess.

Every launch game is a gamble they gave Evolution Studio a deadline to meet for launch since they needed a racer at launch unfortunately things don't always pan out the way they would have hoped. No the game was announced in February not even Killzone was near completion then there's nothing fishy about it. They had to announce games at the reveal so they picked the games that were furthest along in development & that could be shown to the public.

Did you know that Killzone was still in Alpha stage when it was revealed & the Devs later said they were so nervous during the presentation because the game kept crashing just the day before.

Message 23 of 159 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Oct 18, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

"Good, more time to polish the game" Just shut up!!

How about you make sure the game it's close to getting finished before announcing a release date? uh, it's that too much to ask? is it so hard to calculate when the game is going to be finished?

The hype will be gone by next year.

Right now, what Sony's line up has over MS's is Killzone Shadowfall. Knack only appeals to Indie and plataformers fans. If it weren't $100 more expensive the race would be much tighter, at least for non-fanboys of either consoles

You come off like a troll, because of all your negative posts about frame rate and then you complain about a couple developers taking the time to try to improve their games.

fede01_8 wrote:

if this were an Xbox One game everyone would give them a lot of**Bleep**. Hypocrites fanboys...
C'mon, it's 2013, 60fps should be the standard.

*edited to remove profanity**

fede01_8 wrote:

What's even the point of a next gen console if we are still getting the same framerate of seven years ago? This is inexcusable.

What happened with "gameplay is more importan than graphics"? isn't that what everyone is saying? I'd gladly take 60fps at 720p than 1080fps at 30fps. Worst of all is that next gen games are not even reaching 1080p! It's 2013, this should be the standard

And whoever can't distinguish between 30fps and 60fps has never play a game on PC. It's the double FFS!

I'm seriously considering saving extra money and buy a good PC. I'm gonna wait until next year to see if games can really be next gen

Then there's this.

fede01_8 wrote:
i'm getting a PS4 next year and i don't want to buy the same game twice, so i'm gonna wait for the PS4 version.

If you aren't getting a PS4 until next year, why would a launch game being delayed until the start of the year bother you so much that you have to start a post about it and hating on people that are getting launch day PS4's that are being patient.

They could be improving frame rate or it could be something bigger like improving the AI. Which is something we haven't seen in gameplay videos. Sure they could patch it, but again why would you care if you aren't getting it until next year? Complaining to complain? Your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/mom/dad/teacher/preacher must look forward to greeting you every morning.

I'm guessing they just want to make sure it lives up to your next gen expectations. Heart Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 159 (275 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2013

My guess is as far as Driveclub was concerned, remember how everyone was complaining about Ghost cars and only about 1 other car on track or something.

My guess is that is exactly what it was.

I actually believe that developers should have their stuff ready on time. If there is a chance it wont be ready don't get people's hopes up and give a date. If you never give that date there is no backlash.

As far as the launch line up goes. I guess if you want a next gen game. Theres only Killzone out there now.

Anyone on the other side with MS has to be absolutely wetting themselves in laughter over this. Can't blame them. Even I'm holding back some giggles at what shambles this launch is.

Message 25 of 159 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Oct 18, 2013

WAAN, WAAN.............do you think they wanted to delay it? Stop crying the game is still coming and there is a lot to play for the next few months.

Message 26 of 159 (268 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Oct 18, 2013

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

WAAN, WAAN.............do you think they wanted to delay it? Stop crying the game is still coming and there is a lot to play for the next few months.

For once, we completely agree on something, sir.  *shakes hand*

Grindhead_Jim

Message 27 of 159 (256 Views)
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Spores_ wrote:

Im totally all for delays and taking the time to make the game a more enjoyable experience,

but what is kind of fishy to me is wouldn't the game be technically finished if you announce it as a launch title?

So to delay it a month from the PS4 launch that means that the whole time Sony was saying its a launch title the game was actually still being made??

Seems kind of shady to me.

Kind of like the same concept as betting money on something when you don't have the money to bet thinking you are going to win, sort of right?? Can't really bet on a title being finished at launch and announcing it when you know there is a possibility it may not be.

Its just more of a loyalty /type of rule thing for me I guess.

Every launch game is a gamble they gave Evolution Studio a deadline to meet for launch since they needed a racer at launch unfortunately things don't always pan out the way they would have hoped. No the game was announced in February not even Killzone was near completion then there's nothing fishy about it. They had to announce games at the reveal so they picked the games that were furthest along in development & that could be shown to the public.

Did you know that Killzone was still in Alpha stage when it was revealed & the Devs later said they were so nervous during the presentation because the game kept crashing just the day before.

Thanks for the bit of insight.

Didn't realize they had a deadline to be met for launch completion. Thought if it was announced for day 1 it meant it was finished and that's that.

Message 28 of 159 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

Oct 18, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

fede01_8 wrote:

"Good, more time to polish the game" Just shut up!!

How about you make sure the game it's close to getting finished before announcing a release date? uh, it's that too much to ask? is it so hard to calculate when the game is going to be finished?

The hype will be gone by next year.

Right now, what Sony's line up has over MS's is Killzone Shadowfall. Knack only appeals to Indie and plataformers fans. If it weren't $100 more expensive the race would be much tighter, at least for non-fanboys of either consoles

You come off like a troll, because of all your negative posts about frame rate and then you complain about a couple developers taking the time to try to improve their games.

fede01_8 wrote:

if this were an Xbox One game everyone would give them a lot of**Bleep**. Hypocrites fanboys...
C'mon, it's 2013, 60fps should be the standard.

*edited to remove profanity**

fede01_8 wrote:

What's even the point of a next gen console if we are still getting the same framerate of seven years ago? This is inexcusable.

What happened with "gameplay is more importan than graphics"? isn't that what everyone is saying? I'd gladly take 60fps at 720p than 1080fps at 30fps. Worst of all is that next gen games are not even reaching 1080p! It's 2013, this should be the standard

And whoever can't distinguish between 30fps and 60fps has never play a game on PC. It's the double FFS!

I'm seriously considering saving extra money and buy a good PC. I'm gonna wait until next year to see if games can really be next gen

Then there's this.

fede01_8 wrote:
i'm getting a PS4 next year and i don't want to buy the same game twice, so i'm gonna wait for the PS4 version.

If you aren't getting a PS4 until next year, why would a launch game being delayed until the start of the year bother you so much that you have to start a post about it and hating on people that are getting launch day PS4's that are being patient.

They could be improving frame rate or it could be something bigger like improving the AI. Which is something we haven't seen in gameplay videos. Sure they could patch it, but again why would you care if you aren't getting it until next year? Complaining to complain? Your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/mom/dad/teacher/preacher must look forward to greeting you every morning.

I'm guessing they just want to make sure it lives up to your next gen expectations. Heart Smiley Happy

Oh, hi there stalker. Since you have so much free time in your hand would you like to also go through my emails and delete the spam? 

Message 29 of 159 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Oct 18, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

Oh, hi there stalker. Since you have so much free time in your hand would you like to also go through my emails and delete the spam? 

Nice comeback, really.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 30 of 159 (235 Views)
0 Likes