Sackboy
533 posts

Re: I'm sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

Crazy-MoFo-024 wrote:

So basically you are saying that instead of having to wait a little longer to get a finished product, you would rather they rush the game out incomplete... That you don't care about quality, you just want it fast...

To be honest you are (thankfully) part of a very small minority. People with simple common sense are more than happy to wait because they know it means they will get a BETTER product than if it was rushed...

YES, yes i do. Never heard of patches? Do you think that every game work flawlesly on release day/week or even month.

With less than a month for release day, do you think that the game is unplayable? C'mon, use your head

I agree with what you're saying. I don't think that any of the games are unplayable enough for delay. Because at the end of the day when the delayed games come out in Spring, I bet that it still won't be clean of issues, which would kind of make delay pointless. I mean come on, this isn't Grand Theft Auto Online...

Message 11 of 159 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2013

Im totally all for delays and taking the time to make the game a more enjoyable experience,

but what is kind of fishy to me is wouldn't the game be technically finished if you announce it as a launch title?

So to delay it a month from the PS4 launch that means that the whole time Sony was saying its a launch title the game was actually still being made??

Seems kind of shady to me.

Kind of like the same concept as betting money on something when you don't have the money to bet thinking you are going to win, sort of right?? Can't really bet on a title being finished at launch and announcing it when you know there is a possibility it may not be.

Its just more of a loyalty /type of rule thing for me I guess.

Message 12 of 159 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6930 posts

Oct 18, 2013

I look at it this way. I am getting my PS4 and initially only BF4. Not because I don't want other games but I am not going to overwhelm myself with a number of titles right off the bat when I may be pretty immursed in BF4.

I want the new NFS coming out and I want a couple of other games as well, Watchdogs being one that I am very interested in. The fact that they are taking time and polishing the game gives me time on the others.

I know that I would be very frustrated as well if Watchdogs was my main title, so I don't blame you, but there are other games that are being released at launch that are very good games. Enjoy those now while waiting for WDS. If these games are truly next gen they should keep us very busy until WDS comes out Smiley Happy

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 13 of 159 (229 Views)
MVP Support
5923 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

Crazy-MoFo-024 wrote:

So basically you are saying that instead of having to wait a little longer to get a finished product, you would rather they rush the game out incomplete... That you don't care about quality, you just want it fast...

To be honest you are (thankfully) part of a very small minority. People with simple common sense are more than happy to wait because they know it means they will get a BETTER product than if it was rushed...

YES, yes i do. Never heard of patches? Do you think that every game work flawlesly on release day/week or even month.

With less than a month for release day, do you think that the game is unplayable? C'mon, use your head

Well use yours, delays happen, The Crew and Watch Dogs were delayed for both the PS4 AND Xbox One - imagine that huh yet you constantly spread Sony Propaganda  like as if it matters to the industry and us gamers.

Well Xbox One launch line up isn't great either - hardware can barely do 900p on Ryse, only has a static 1080p racer with no weather or day to night cycles, and a free 2 play title that can only do 720p - sound like a console worth buying for its launch titles. You can't bring to the table, "Well Xbox One has BF4, COD Ghosts , or any of the sport titles" because those games are coming to other platforms too including the PS4. Don't act like that because of ONE exclusive title that was trying to up their 30fps to 60fps whose delay is now warranted that there are no games to buy at launch.

If you aren't going to get a PS4 and planned on getting the other console all along than do so, please leave your propaganda at the door and don't let it hit you on the way out.

Message 14 of 159 (227 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Oct 18, 2013
OP is a fine example of the term "First World Country issues"~.
Message 15 of 159 (227 Views)
Wastelander
502 posts

Oct 18, 2013

OP....I am not necessarily "ok" with it. It's disappointing, but stuff happens. Why rant like a spoiled 3 year old. It's not going to make it come out any sooner. 

-

If they came out of the blue and said it was cancelled I could see more justification of being angry as we have seen a decent amount for it. (BTW, that does happen too.)

-

Personally, this makes you look like an immature self entitled brat.

I may be old, but I still love to game.

Pong, Atari 2600, NES, Super NES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis with Cd, Atari Jaguar with Cd, PS, PS2, Xbox 360, and now...PS4.
Message 16 of 159 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2013

"I look at it this way. I am getting my PS4 and initially only BF4. Not because I don't want other games but I am not going to overwhelm myself with a number of titles right off the bat when I may be pretty immursed in BF4.

I want the new NFS coming out and I want a couple of other games as well, Watchdogs being one that I am very interested in. The fact that they are taking time and polishing the game gives me time on the others."

@ SHANE,

I totally agree with you 100%!

For me its just going to be Ghosts at launch, because I know I will be mostly occupied with that game and also the free PS PLUS games so that will be more than enough for me.

People that buy 3-4+ games at one time seems like overkill to me.

I just can't switch over to different games back and forth, it makes me loose the experience and feel for the game and the part I was on when I do that.

Message 17 of 159 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

Oct 18, 2013

da1writer wrote:

fede01_8 wrote:

Crazy-MoFo-024 wrote:

Well use yours, delays happen, The Crew and Watch Dogs were delayed for both the PS4 AND Xbox One - imagine that huh yet you constantly spread Sony Propaganda  like as if it matters to the industry and us gamers.

Well Xbox One launch line up isn't great either - hardware can barely do 900p on Ryse, only has a static 1080p racer with no weather or day to night cycles, and a free 2 play title that can only do 720p - sound like a console worth buying for its launch titles. You can't bring to the table, "Well Xbox One has BF4, COD Ghosts , or any of the sport titles" because those games are coming to other platforms too including the PS4. Don't act like that because of ONE exclusive title that was trying to up their 30fps to 60fps whose delay is now warranted that there are no games to buy at launch.

If you aren't going to get a PS4 and planned on getting the other console all along than do so, please leave your propaganda at the door and don't let it hit you on the way out.

well, this is awkard. Someone should learn the meaning of the word propaganda...

JuanMdP wrote:
OP is a fine example of the term "First World Country issues"~.

What a stupid argument. I guess why can't complain about anything since there are kids in Africa without clean water and food

Dumb@ss

Message 18 of 159 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Things happen. You have to deal with it; complaining about delays and people will not solve anything.

Although I am somewhat disappointed I am fine with it being delayed because it will be one less game to distract me from my studies. Will you tell me to shut-up now OP?

Message 19 of 159 (188 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Oct 18, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

fede01_8 wrote:

YES, yes i do. Never heard of patches? Do you think that every game work flawlesly on release day/week or even month

Then half of PS General would be complaints about how they released a broken game and how everyone wants their money back for having to endure such an atrocity.

This is why I am not more angry.  I do NOT want to have to wait, but it is what it is.

The launch lineup, while not what I hoped for, is stronger than, say, the PlayStation 1 launch lineup (and I bought all those games, so, trust me, I know of what I speak).  I wiould also like to point out that, in a few months, no one is going to care about any of this. 

They will be talking about Resogun, Contrast, Assassin's Creed; Black Flag, Knack, Warframe, War Thunder, Killzone: Shadow Fall,. Battlefield 4, Need for Speed: Rivals, and Injustice: The Ultimate Edition.

So, I really could not care less if you are sick of people being reasonable.  I sincerely hope that your heart deosn't burst from the high blood pressure.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 20 of 159 (188 Views)
0 Likes