Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
Those 2 games would have sold a lot more copies if they released on time (and that's a fact). I'm happy to see those game developers lose money for their own mistakes. Maybe next time (if there is a next time) they will try harder to meet deadlines.

Shut the **bleep** up. You have NO idea what that means.

Some of these guys work night and day, with nearly double shifts just to get out the game you take for granted on time. And when they want to be human, and push back the release date instead of them doing this, you get mad? Get mad at the people who drove them to want to release that early, don't get mad at the developers. If you can't understand this, stop playing video games, you don't deserve it.

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 159 (183 Views)
Gaming Beast
2255 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2013
@cosmo. I work day and night to finish jobs ON TIME, if I don't finish a job when promised...guess what, I lose money or get fired. It's called the REAL WORLD kid.

And I ask, what don't I deserve? I don't deserve these great games being half made with emphases on milking gamers with dlc's? Pull your head out of $ony's butt before replying to me next time.
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 159 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Mcal15 wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:

I'd merit a game for being on the market long before I'd merit a delay.

You are obviously not a Nintendo fan.  They almost never release their 1st party games on time, but they are usually worth the wait even though its frustrating. Could you imagine a buggy unfinished Zelda?  People would lose their minds.  As frustrating as it is, I would rather wait a few months for a better product.

Oh, I like Nintendo.

Just not all the time. I like to vary out my playing more and more.

I'm especially not interested in 3D World this year. Didn't like the first, not interested in the second.

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 159 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Cosmosis_1080P wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:

userusb wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:

3) If people keep delaying and delaying, all we get is more time we're forced to wait. I'm tired of delays. We shouldn't reward delays with more money. Get it done right the first time or don't do it.

Rockstar delayed GTA V and that is great game. The extra time spent waiting was well worth it and I'm sure Watch_Dogs will be worth it as well.

Here's an example of what happens when a game is not delayed. I will be using an Xbox exclusive but I think it is a good example. Epic Games released Gears of War 2 in 2008. They had to release 6 updates over the course of 2 years to fix numerous glitches in it while also adding in a few new multiplayer features such as numbered ranks. Would you rather have a game that has to be patched many times just to fix the glitches, or have a game that is released that doesn't contain experience-ruining glitches?

I'd rather have people do their jobs and get it out when they say it's coming out.

I wouldn't mind so much if DriveClub was meant to come out in the Spring. If they had originally said "This game is coming out in the Spring" rather than "It's coming out at launch" and delaying it, I would've been completely content with it.

But no. I got my hopes up for nothing. Started to get excited, more interested in the game as it keeps building up, looking forward to playing it with friends, and now I gotta wait four more months at least just to get it.

No thank you.

As you've read, I'm very much a man of my word, and I intend that other people keep theirs as well. When they say it releases, then it should release. I'm getting sick and tired of so many games I want to get continually delaying because of some reason. Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Watch Dogs, Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze, and now Drive Club.

(PS I didn't really have much of a focus on GTAV until it came out. The delay didn't bother me since I didn't care).

If you don't like it, don't buy games. You are a consumer. Therefore, you are not making the decisions. Get used to it.

Sounds fair to me. Looks like they lost a customer because of the delay.

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 159 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9245 posts

Oct 18, 2013
How in the hell would those two games make more money by releasing on time? Launch games don't sell crap because there is not yet an audience.
Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 159 (154 Views)
Gaming Beast
2255 posts

Oct 18, 2013
@cosmo, How do you know they worked day and night? Maybe those games are delayed because the studio's wasted too much time screwing off. You look like an idiot for defending a company/someone you don't know. Maybe you should quit gaming because people like you and your lower gaming standards are part of the reason we have so many crap games being released.
Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 159 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
How in the hell would those two games make more money by releasing on time? Launch games don't sell crap because there is not yet an audience.

Well, Watch Dogs wasn't just a launch game. It was on PC, Wii U, PS3, and Xbox 360. It was a final release on some, and a new installment on others, giving it the potential base of over 200 million.

Drive Club is the Launch game, and even then some launch games do very well. Wii Sports sold 80 million.

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 159 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9245 posts

Oct 18, 2013
The reason we have so many crap games is because so many of them are cut short by deadlines. But then again, what do you know? Your name represents the most unoriginal sports franchise on the planet. Not hard for Madden to release on time when its the exact same game year after year.
Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 159 (144 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9245 posts

Oct 18, 2013
Wii sports only sold 80 million because it was a mass produced console bundle. 80 million people didnt buy Wii sports. Most bought a Wii that happened to include Wii sports. Its the exact same concept as Kinect Adventures success. Its the best selling game on the 360. Only because it came bundled with pretty much every Kinect sensor and Xbox 360 Kinect sku.
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 159 (142 Views)
Gaming Beast
2255 posts

Oct 18, 2013
They would have sold more copies because people always buy a few games on release day and simply having your game on the shelf on release day will give you sells. For example, I was only looking forward to drive club because it was the only racing game for the ps4. If a GT game (or any other racing game) is available next year I will pass on drive club.
Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 159 (141 Views)
0 Likes