Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/13/2013
Offline
346 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 20, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

"Good, more time to polish the game" Just shut up!!

How about you make sure the game it's close to getting finished before announcing a release date? uh, it's that too much to ask? is it so hard to calculate when the game is going to be finished?

 

The hype will be gone by next year.

 

Right now, what Sony's line up has over MS's is Killzone Shadowfall. Knack only appeals to Indie and plataformers fans. If it weren't $100 more expensive the race would be much tighter, at least for non-fanboys of either consoles


LOL.

 

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to tell us it's easy to develop a software for a new hardware within the short amount of time they've had? If it's so easy, why don't you tell WHY it's easy instead of just saying "They're big companies".

 

You're tired of people being okay with it? So what, we're supposed to **bleep** and moan like a 5 year old because not everything is going our way? I think most of us are old enough to be more mature than a 5 year old...but apparently not all of us.

 

You probably have no idea the difference between privelage and right.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan.
Message 151 of 159 (249 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
15342 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 20, 2013

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum


Fabulous!
Message 152 of 159 (236 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 20, 2013

Vladdie93 wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:
Black0Panther, I'm having issues with this forum, so here's my response in the quick reply.

I don't agree for these reasons.
1) You can't sue over a bad game.
2) What they're doing for DriveClub (according to the PS blog) is making it prettier and giving it online. Nothing that'd make it a bad game to be without.
3) If people keep delaying and delaying, all we get is more time we're forced to wait. I'm tired of delays. We shouldn't reward delays with more money. Get it done right the first time or don't do it.

Again you got a project its 2 weeks before its sopose to be done you find a major issue with this project. what do you do? Just go with it knowing theres a problem or try to fix the problem even if you have to take a small delay?


Just go with it knowing there's a problem.

First off, according to the blog, they didn't notice any problem. There were no issues other than "It wasn't perfect enough for us." 

Second, I hold myself and others to the standard that if you say you are going to do something, you are going to do it. Even moreso, if you give a deadline for that thing, you follow it. 

If I go into a class and tell my teacher that I didn't finish my project because there's an issue came up, do you think they're going to care when presentation day comes and it's not done? No. 

People have asked me this question multiple times, and to that I say that if you say you'll do something on time, you do it. No exceptions, no delays, no do-overs. If you didn't spot an issue during the hundreds of other times you test a game in the process, tough.


you dont understand the industry obviously. Ok they rush the game and its crap. A make the new systems look bad when there not. B makes there own company bad when its not. C has all of its fan complain on how bad the game is and they want there money back or stop buying from that DEV. It s a double edge sword on this. They delay you cry its late. they release it you cry the game sux. I guess you can not please people any more at all. Just whine when you dont get your way. Now is now to everyone these day and it sux.

Message 153 of 159 (224 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 20, 2013

Vladdie93 wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
I think part of the problem is a lot of newer/younger gamers have low standards from gaming companies and they think delays, half finished games, and game publishers holding back content for later dlc's is just how the gaming business should be. I believe when a game has a release date it should be met, if the publisher is not 100% certain it can deliver on time then why give a release date?

If I remember correctly drive club was suppose to be a free game on ps+. Has $ony said anything about replacing that game or are the ps+ just screwed.

I fully agree with the people **bleep** off about the delays and I can't figure out why people on these boards are so quick to defend poor business practices. Every project has problems and issues, and nobody want to hear excuses why a deadline was not met.

THANK YOU!

Someone that agrees.


As for PS+, Contrast and Res0Gun are taking its place.

 

But I'm still not driving like I wanted to...


I've been gaming sicne the days of the Atari, and I have high standards for games - that's why I am begrudgingly okay with these delays. I'm not happy about them, but I understand them.  It's not the best business, but I don't care about that.  i do not play Battlefield and think to myself, "Wow, I bet the introduction of Premium really reinforced EA's stock!"  

 

This is about enjoying a good game.  Period.  If either W_D or DC had been released buggy, I would have been furious. 

 

Speaking only for myself, I'm not defending the decision - I'm just trying to understand it.

 

Also, Res0gun and Contrast look great, so, I'm not feeling the least bit snubbed by that aspect of the decision. 


I'm just tired of waiting, I suppose. 

I know that they're trying to improve the game, but I really hate getting my hopes up on a game releasing only to hear "It's getting delayed!"

Most games that get delayed, I just stop caring about them and don't pick them up. It's not worth it to me to keep waiting around, even if it's to make the game better. My mind will be on other matters.

I thought DriveClub looked interesting, and I was ready to get what looked like a really cool racing game. But I'm not interested in it if I have to wait longer for it.

Happened with Rayman Legends too. The only reason I bought that was because a friend convinced me that I should for closure on the delay.

Was a good game, but that delay for other consoles really killed my buzz and made parts of it just frustrating.


Hey OP? Why are you in such a rush for your games?!


You wanna know why?

Because so many times in this new generation have I been disappointed by people saying that they're going to release a game on time only to have the rug pulled from under me.

I HATE getting excited for nothing. I HATE having to wait longer and longer just because someone didn't figure out the mistakes the first time around.

And when a game gets hyped up more and more only to have me wait longer and longer for it, I lose interest and move on.

 

It's been like that all the time. It happened with Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, DKCR, GTAV, Watch Dogs, and now DriveClub.

I'm tired of all the delays, because that means I have to spend more time either waiting and waiting for it or ignoring what looks like a really cool game and moving on to what releases on time.


Not being rude here but grow up and learn some patiencem y friends. Things happen that nor you or I can control. Being this way impatient only makes you look like a whiner instead or a cry baby.

 

Message 154 of 159 (224 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 20, 2013

Vladdie93 wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:

Cosmosis_1080P wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:

userusb wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:

3) If people keep delaying and delaying, all we get is more time we're forced to wait. I'm tired of delays. We shouldn't reward delays with more money. Get it done right the first time or don't do it.

Rockstar delayed GTA V and that is great game. The extra time spent waiting was well worth it and I'm sure Watch_Dogs will be worth it as well.

 

Here's an example of what happens when a game is not delayed. I will be using an Xbox exclusive but I think it is a good example. Epic Games released Gears of War 2 in 2008. They had to release 6 updates over the course of 2 years to fix numerous glitches in it while also adding in a few new multiplayer features such as numbered ranks. Would you rather have a game that has to be patched many times just to fix the glitches, or have a game that is released that doesn't contain experience-ruining glitches?


I'd rather have people do their jobs and get it out when they say it's coming out.

I wouldn't mind so much if DriveClub was meant to come out in the Spring. If they had originally said "This game is coming out in the Spring" rather than "It's coming out at launch" and delaying it, I would've been completely content with it.

 

But no. I got my hopes up for nothing. Started to get excited, more interested in the game as it keeps building up, looking forward to playing it with friends, and now I gotta wait four more months at least just to get it.

 

No thank you.

 

 

As you've read, I'm very much a man of my word, and I intend that other people keep theirs as well. When they say it releases, then it should release. I'm getting sick and tired of so many games I want to get continually delaying because of some reason. Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Watch Dogs, Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze, and now Drive Club.

(PS I didn't really have much of a focus on GTAV until it came out. The delay didn't bother me since I didn't care).


If you don't like it, don't buy games. You are a consumer. Therefore, you are not making the decisions. Get used to it.


Sounds fair to me. Looks like they lost a customer because of the delay.


Not a biggie to them. Reason 99% of the peopel understand why theres a delay and is ok with it.. So they hardly loose a thing cept for impatient people who justc ant wait for anything.


Of course it's not a biggie to them. Because people will just buy the **bleep** thing anyways. And for some reason it's only this industry where I see people being alright with this. 

Would you be happy if you were told you'd get a DirectTV box tomorrow, only to delay it for months just because something in the box didn't work? Would you just throw more money at them for not getting their product to you on time?

I wouldn't. I'd move to another company.


You are talking apples from oranges now. If Ditrect ?Tv box had issues they can send you an older version tillit worked. Maybe discount you on the service tillit does work. But far as progaming a whole complicated game that is a different story.Yuo have no idea what it takes ot make a game. All you can do  is speculate on what you think and then whine cause its delayed.

Message 155 of 159 (222 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 20, 2013

Vladdie93 wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:

Cosmosis_1080P wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:

userusb wrote:

Vladdie93 wrote:

3) If people keep delaying and delaying, all we get is more time we're forced to wait. I'm tired of delays. We shouldn't reward delays with more money. Get it done right the first time or don't do it.

Rockstar delayed GTA V and that is great game. The extra time spent waiting was well worth it and I'm sure Watch_Dogs will be worth it as well.

 

Here's an example of what happens when a game is not delayed. I will be using an Xbox exclusive but I think it is a good example. Epic Games released Gears of War 2 in 2008. They had to release 6 updates over the course of 2 years to fix numerous glitches in it while also adding in a few new multiplayer features such as numbered ranks. Would you rather have a game that has to be patched many times just to fix the glitches, or have a game that is released that doesn't contain experience-ruining glitches?


I'd rather have people do their jobs and get it out when they say it's coming out.

I wouldn't mind so much if DriveClub was meant to come out in the Spring. If they had originally said "This game is coming out in the Spring" rather than "It's coming out at launch" and delaying it, I would've been completely content with it.

 

But no. I got my hopes up for nothing. Started to get excited, more interested in the game as it keeps building up, looking forward to playing it with friends, and now I gotta wait four more months at least just to get it.

 

No thank you.

 

 

As you've read, I'm very much a man of my word, and I intend that other people keep theirs as well. When they say it releases, then it should release. I'm getting sick and tired of so many games I want to get continually delaying because of some reason. Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Watch Dogs, Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze, and now Drive Club.

(PS I didn't really have much of a focus on GTAV until it came out. The delay didn't bother me since I didn't care).


If you don't like it, don't buy games. You are a consumer. Therefore, you are not making the decisions. Get used to it.


Sounds fair to me. Looks like they lost a customer because of the delay.


Not a biggie to them. Reason 99% of the peopel understand why theres a delay and is ok with it.. So they hardly loose a thing cept for impatient people who justc ant wait for anything.


Of course it's not a biggie to them. Because people will just buy the **bleep** thing anyways. And for some reason it's only this industry where I see people being alright with this. 

Would you be happy if you were told you'd get a DirectTV box tomorrow, only to delay it for months just because something in the box didn't work? Would you just throw more money at them for not getting their product to you on time?

I wouldn't. I'd move to another company.


That is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a proper representation of what is happening here. The DirecTV cable box is a finished product whereas this game is not. And throwing money at the developers won't do anything.  If there is a problem or some other thing that warrants the game's delay by a couple months money won't help. If you want to use the DirecTV analogy here is something more appropriate, although it still isn't the same thing.

 

You receive a newsletter stating that in a couple months DirecTV will be offering an upgraded cable box and it will be available to customers who sign for it later this year. One month before the projected date DirecTV is forced to delay the new cable box for a couple months due to compatibility issues with certain preexisting hardware and problems with their infrastructure. As compensation they offer a free week of select premium programming. That is closer than yours.


I suppose that is closer than mine.

However, that premium programming is not the upgraded box I wanted, and I am not satisfied.


The company is throwing you a freeebie till the new box is fixed and you get one. Again this proves you are impatient. You can not wait on anything. This all it proves. You want here and now.  Im sure if it dont work right you will be the first to  complain about it too.

Message 156 of 159 (222 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/11/2014
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Mar 12, 2014
Im sick of the fact that these game companies are getting away with announcing games an age before they are near completion, and its a growing trend, massive delays means massive anticipation and hype, which i understand they need to achieve sales , but there should be an industry standard that means a game can only be announced say 6 months before the developer is sure the game will hit retail. Some games being delayed for tweaks and improvements is a good thing, but people wouldnt be so **bleep** and vitriolic in response to delays if the games werent announced miles before completion, its just a cheap marketing trick and takes the gaming public for granted. Which isnt fair when people invest so much money in these companies. They could still build hype and market the product and hit sales without these tactics.
Message 157 of 159 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/11/2014
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Mar 12, 2014
I think its time the gaming public stood together and voted with wallets and simply didnt buy delayed games, as if everyone did that games companies would stop treating the gaming public like idiots, and actually not use these cheap marketing tricks. It would force change and the industry to grow up a little.
Message 158 of 159 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
Registered: 02/17/2014
Offline
54 posts
 

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Mar 12, 2014

Message 159 of 159 (125 Views)
Reply
0 Likes