Highlighted
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Re: Sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013

Just so I understand this... you're not ok with other people's own decisions and opinions?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 31 of 159 (149 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Oct 18, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

"Good, more time to polish the game" Just shut up!!

How about you make sure the game it's close to getting finished before announcing a release date? uh, it's that too much to ask? is it so hard to calculate when the game is going to be finished?

The hype will be gone by next year.

Right now, what Sony's line up has over MS's is Killzone Shadowfall. Knack only appeals to Indie and plataformers fans. If it weren't $100 more expensive the race would be much tighter, at least for non-fanboys of either consoles

I agree that I am sick of delays. Happened with Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101, and now Watch Dogs and Drive Club. 

Let me put my reasons why like this:

Suppose you're a teacher, and you assign all the students with a book report due in a month. Most of the students give their report on time, some great and some that need improvement. However,  one of the students, one week before he's supposed to give his presentation, says "Yeah it's not finished. Some unexpected issues came up. But I'll be able to finish it and give you the report by next month."

Do you reward the kid and tell him to take all the time he needs as long as he finishes it? Is that time given to him going to mean he's going to use it wisely? Is the book report going to be perfect just because you gave him that time?

I'm rather sick of getting excited for games, only to have to wait even longer, get bored of the idea and move on to something that's actually getting finished on time.

Message 32 of 159 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Oct 18, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

fede01_8 wrote:

How about you make sure the game it's close to getting finished before announcing a release date? uh, it's that too much to ask? is it so hard to calculate when the game is going to be finished?

Right now, what Sony's line up has over MS's is Killzone Shadowfall. Knack only appeals to Indie and plataformers fans. If it weren't $100 more expensive the race would be much tighter, at least for non-fanboys of either consoles

You come off like a troll, because of all your negative posts about frame rate and then you complain about a couple developers taking the time to try to improve their games.

fede01_8 wrote:

if this were an Xbox One game everyone would give them a lot of**Bleep**. Hypocrites fanboys...
C'mon, it's 2013, 60fps should be the standard.

*edited to remove profanity**

fede01_8 wrote:

What's even the point of a next gen console if we are still getting the same framerate of seven years ago? This is inexcusable.

What happened with "gameplay is more importan than graphics"? isn't that what everyone is saying? I'd gladly take 60fps at 720p than 1080fps at 30fps. Worst of all is that next gen games are not even reaching 1080p! It's 2013, this should be the standard

And whoever can't distinguish between 30fps and 60fps has never play a game on PC. It's the double FFS!

I'm seriously considering saving extra money and buy a good PC. I'm gonna wait until next year to see if games can really be next gen

Then there's this.

fede01_8 wrote:
i'm getting a PS4 next year and i don't want to buy the same game twice, so i'm gonna wait for the PS4 version.

If you aren't getting a PS4 until next year, why would a launch game being delayed until the start of the year bother you so much that you have to start a post about it and hating on people that are getting launch day PS4's that are being patient.

They could be improving frame rate or it could be something bigger like improving the AI. Which is something we haven't seen in gameplay videos. Sure they could patch it, but again why would you care if you aren't getting it until next year? Complaining to complain? Your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/mom/dad/teacher/preacher must look forward to greeting you every morning.

I'm guessing they just want to make sure it lives up to your next gen expectations. Heart Smiley Happy

Oh, hi there stalker. Since you have so much free time in your hand would you like to also go through my emails and delete the spam? 

I just like to back up what I post and you make it easy with all your negativity. Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

Post history is there so we can collect evidence of how each of us post. Feel free to look at mine and show I don't have anything productive to say. I post both ways (positive and negative). I only looked into your history because from what I remember of you, you fall into the negative (trollish) catagory and I wanted to make sure I was right before posting. Feel free to post any positive posts about the PS4 and the Sony community that I may have missed.

Message 33 of 159 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Vladdie93 wrote:

fede01_8 wrote:

I agree that I am sick of delays. Happened with Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101, and now Watch Dogs and Drive Club. 

Suppose you're a teacher, and you assign all the students with a book report due in a month. Most of the students give their report on time, some great and some that need improvement. However,  one of the students, one week before he's supposed to give his presentation, says "Yeah it's not finished. Some unexpected issues came up. But I'll be able to finish it and give you the report by next month."

Do you reward the kid and tell him to take all the time he needs as long as he finishes it? Is that time given to him going to mean he's going to use it wisely? Is the book report going to be perfect just because you gave him that time?

I'm rather sick of getting excited for games, only to have to wait even longer, get bored of the idea and move on to something that's actually getting finished on time.

So you're telling us you'd rather get a game not prepared.  Why? Buggy games are frustrating as hell and a buggy release of Drive Club would litter these forums with complaints.

Message 34 of 159 (141 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10912 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Given how late in the development cycle we are for the games that have been delayed, I'm going to guess that it has something to do with data compression issues and getting the software into 'install' packages.

Perhaps the games are just too large to fit on a 50GB Blu-ray disc due to the compression method they are using not being efficient enough.  Or more likely, when a 'tested' install package does not decompress correctly and the data is corrupted as a result.

Chances are, in any case, that the delays are due to game breaking issues.  And I would certainly consider the inability to install a game at all to be a pretty game breaking issue.

Message 35 of 159 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Oct 18, 2013
I'm okay with delays as long as they make the game better. Sometimes the release date isn't always set by the developer making the game for your information.
Message 36 of 159 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Oct 18, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

All I got to say is really?!!!!

You rather have a game that is broken and that has to be patched left and right to fix just to get the game on time. Also Things happen. Years ago I talked to a small dev company in Boston MA that was working with MS for an old XBOX Game. They needed components for a computer and came into the store I worked for them. Bout 3 week sbefore release. They found a programing issue or glitch in the game and had to delay it. MS wasnt happy and canceled the contract. Thats another point but just before release the realised something wast right and wanted to fix it. This is what exactly is happening now. I myself rather have a game that is correct then deal with a glitchy game that needs tons of patches to fix.

Message 37 of 159 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3199 posts

Re: I'm sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013

So...you want another Aliens: Colonial Marines, gotcha.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: akirasolidentertainment
Message 38 of 159 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Vladdie93 wrote:

fede01_8 wrote:

Different situation here. Either rush the launch and have the  DEV issue a bad game that everyones gonna complain that they want money back, law suite and  never buying there games again. Or just let them finish the game ix whats needed and get a good polished  games that should have no real issues.

Message 39 of 159 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Re: I'm sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013

Akirasolid wrote:

So...you want another Aliens: Colonial Marines, gotcha.

No...please...don't...

Message 40 of 159 (118 Views)
0 Likes