Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
15650 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

Sep 3, 2012

LazyShady wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

LazyShady wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

You do know your rage is quite in vain.....

 

many people already know Skyrim to be a broken game for the PS3. Seeing as how the X360 more closely resembles a PC's hardware, and the PS3 being harder to program for a company that has little to no experience.

 

This seems to come right off the heels that the PS3 DLC will possibly never happen.

 

Besidees.... there are many people who have not experienced any issues with Skyrim after their patches.

 


Whoa whoa, you actually believed that!? Bethesda can easily request for a Sony software engineer on the Ps3.  And hard to program? Omg I dont even know where to begin with that. 

Its a known fact..... X360 is easier to program.
Its also a known fact that games that are PC-centric FIRST, tend to have the most issues with the PS3 due to rushed development. 

 

"Calling for help" may be a viable solution, but look at all the news surrounding Bethesda's games on PS3.... most are bug-ridden, and lazily developed for the platform. Its pretty obvious Bethesda doesnt care about the PS3 and care more about making as much money as they can. They even admit that DLC likely won't happen because of "technical aspects we cannot yet overcome"
Also, it'd be wise to note that BSW not only develops games, but they also are a publisher. Take that with a grain of salt. 

 

Only certain developers chose to invest their time into the PS3's development kit. Obviously it worked for most of them. It also worked for developers who are willing to delay the release of a game on other platforms to make sure everyone is on even footing, namely from the likes of Ubisoft. Not one game from them has had game-breaking issues.
 


because I'm used to developing for Ps3. 

Exactly...... when you are "settled in" and have experience in working with a certain system, you are more readily available to handle issues that others who are "newbies" cannot. 
I am not speaking FOR BSW, but from experience playing their prevous games, they have not shown much enthusiasm for consoles. They are merely following a progressive way to continue to do business and be profitable as possible, regardless of having any concern for their consumer base.
 

 

Everything else you said is correct but it is bullSh*t about them not able to fix a unknown bug and not notify the public earlier.

They should have no reason to notify anyone until they are prepared to do so. Obviously from what you quoted, its apparent even from every other forum to include this one, people have become irate about it. They have to prepare themselves for the "crap storm" before they ever make any announcement. 
Being a prior member of the military, one thing that they teach in SNCO academy is to alway prepare yourself for the reactions you get before ever making any sort of announcement and to be sure of the timing of such. Such leadership/management training courses, whether they are taught in schools, private institutions or even a company itself, has such teachings.
You could say its a form of subversion, but its also a measure or crisis management. Its also good to note that any sucessful business/corporation, uses a chain-of-command.
If you are in any sort of a lower level with your employer, you'll know that your supervision will not always explain to you the plans or the big picture until it is absolutely necessary.

 

From my experience, when a project is passed deadline and still in development from a long while, its being done on purpose. No information on it being unstable or constant errors.

As said before, they wouldn't report anything until they are prepared for it. Obviously their timing on the news has failed.

If it WAS done on purpose, it'd be interesting to understand why you would think so as you have mentioned you have experience working for programming with the PS3, why would it be done "On Purpose".

Would It be safe to assume you work for a developer of some sort? Or is this experience coming from one of the many campuses that Sony has provided Dev Kits for (for the game developer programs many companies/institutions have created) ?

 

 

And now after the delay of Dawnguard and beginning of Heartfire, news of bugs in the DLC now come up. I'm not saying you are wrong but what i am saying is believing them is kind of on the borderline.

Im not saying I believe them. I'm simply keeping an open mind about the whole thing. Staying neutral and not committing to any one side of an issue is the best way to see the reasoning for such *ahem* outrageous news.

On rare occasions I play Skyrim..... on PC. I used to have it on PS3 until, like so many people started having issues with their save file, and then theres the issue of the graphical quality not being as good as the PC version (mostly due in part to the limited memory resources for both the system RAM and GPU RAM). 

Since then, I have acquired Dawnguard and while it is a good content pack. Its nothing to write home about. From my perspective, its the same grind.

 

Please don't take my responses as a rebute for an agrument. Simply making others aware that not everyone is going to come to the same conclusion would do best as a better resolve can come about instead of petty bickering which I hope does not come to.


 

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 21 of 28 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Online
6424 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

BigPapa727 wrote:

What I don't understand is, Bethesda  released Oblivion and DLC 5 years ago with no gamebreaking bugs (at least none that I heard of, I've only played it on Xbox). Since it's a similar type of game, wouldn't they learn from that? I'm curious to know what specifically the issue is that's keeping the DLC from coming to PS3.

 

The last update Bethesda gave said that they we're working with Sony on this, so hopefully someone smarter than them can fix the mess they created.



its not  the coding thats keeping it  from coming to ps3 .  This is  era of paid dlc.   does  Gta 4 ring a bell.?    Most likey a paid  dlc thing .  The truth is ps3 is the premiere console to build a game on by market standards.    So  agn i  donthink it s  hardware or soft ware issue. its   a " i took money to keep the  dlc from  ps3 issue"..

 

 


You missed one thing...... Bethesda admitted they have had issues with coding on the PS3 and they have no idea if they will ever get things right for DLC.

 

So if BSW was really looking for more money, they'd try harder to release the DLC soon, which seems they are getting help from Sony for..........



  Well  that might be true  but  if  people like  Ea and rockstar games  and many other can  build on the ps3  with  ease along  cell phone game developers which is a whole new world of developing .. I dont find there excuse to be  100% truthful or mind ful inthe  aspect they are claiming, becuase they   do  world  reknown games..  Money can stall things to  as well  make the ambitions to speed things up.

 

 There is some dishonesty on there half,  becuase sony  would  of had the content out  in about 1 month.. they have some best coders and  re  game engineers in the world. Im not buying  bsw is selling withthe  excuses.. Did they(sony) not  bring one the hardest games back . ico.. they said it couldnt be done no how... its done   and done in  a fashion that rocked the gaming world..

 

 So agn  bsw has not a excuse to this  turn of  events,  its  either they dont want to.,  or took money to delay . becuase the  good lord and as  the devil know they dont lack the skills  to  do basic coding for  ps3 console.


Can you re-write all of that please? I have no idea how to understand that



 not be  smart mouth  but  no.. In short... they dont want to do it,or they took money   to keep it away.. they have no excuse's becuase everyone is doing  it with  ease.. Hope this help.. Thanks

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 22 of 28 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Online
6424 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

Sep 3, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

LazyShady wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

LazyShady wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

You do know your rage is quite in vain.....

 

many people already know Skyrim to be a broken game for the PS3. Seeing as how the X360 more closely resembles a PC's hardware, and the PS3 being harder to program for a company that has little to no experience.

 

This seems to come right off the heels that the PS3 DLC will possibly never happen.

 

Besidees.... there are many people who have not experienced any issues with Skyrim after their patches.

 


Whoa whoa, you actually believed that!? Bethesda can easily request for a Sony software engineer on the Ps3.  And hard to program? Omg I dont even know where to begin with that. 

Its a known fact..... X360 is easier to program.
Its also a known fact that games that are PC-centric FIRST, tend to have the most issues with the PS3 due to rushed development. 

 

"Calling for help" may be a viable solution, but look at all the news surrounding Bethesda's games on PS3.... most are bug-ridden, and lazily developed for the platform. Its pretty obvious Bethesda doesnt care about the PS3 and care more about making as much money as they can. They even admit that DLC likely won't happen because of "technical aspects we cannot yet overcome"
Also, it'd be wise to note that BSW not only develops games, but they also are a publisher. Take that with a grain of salt. 

 

Only certain developers chose to invest their time into the PS3's development kit. Obviously it worked for most of them. It also worked for developers who are willing to delay the release of a game on other platforms to make sure everyone is on even footing, namely from the likes of Ubisoft. Not one game from them has had game-breaking issues.
 


because I'm used to developing for Ps3. 

Exactly...... when you are "settled in" and have experience in working with a certain system, you are more readily available to handle issues that others who are "newbies" cannot. 
I am not speaking FOR BSW, but from experience playing their prevous games, they have not shown much enthusiasm for consoles. They are merely following a progressive way to continue to do business and be profitable as possible, regardless of having any concern for their consumer base.
 

 

Everything else you said is correct but it is bullSh*t about them not able to fix a unknown bug and not notify the public earlier.

They should have no reason to notify anyone until they are prepared to do so. Obviously from what you quoted, its apparent even from every other forum to include this one, people have become irate about it. They have to prepare themselves for the "crap storm" before they ever make any announcement. 
Being a prior member of the military, one thing that they teach in SNCO academy is to alway prepare yourself for the reactions you get before ever making any sort of announcement and to be sure of the timing of such. Such leadership/management training courses, whether they are taught in schools, private institutions or even a company itself, has such teachings.
You could say its a form of subversion, but its also a measure or crisis management. Its also good to note that any sucessful business/corporation, uses a chain-of-command.
If you are in any sort of a lower level with your employer, you'll know that your supervision will not always explain to you the plans or the big picture until it is absolutely necessary.

 

From my experience, when a project is passed deadline and still in development from a long while, its being done on purpose. No information on it being unstable or constant errors.

As said before, they wouldn't report anything until they are prepared for it. Obviously their timing on the news has failed.

If it WAS done on purpose, it'd be interesting to understand why you would think so as you have mentioned you have experience working for programming with the PS3, why would it be done "On Purpose".

Would It be safe to assume you work for a developer of some sort? Or is this experience coming from one of the many campuses that Sony has provided Dev Kits for (for the game developer programs many companies/institutions have created) ?

 

 

And now after the delay of Dawnguard and beginning of Heartfire, news of bugs in the DLC now come up. I'm not saying you are wrong but what i am saying is believing them is kind of on the borderline.

Im not saying I believe them. I'm simply keeping an open mind about the whole thing. Staying neutral and not committing to any one side of an issue is the best way to see the reasoning for such *ahem* outrageous news.

On rare occasions I play Skyrim..... on PC. I used to have it on PS3 until, like so many people started having issues with their save file, and then theres the issue of the graphical quality not being as good as the PC version (mostly due in part to the limited memory resources for both the system RAM and GPU RAM). 

Since then, I have acquired Dawnguard and while it is a good content pack. Its nothing to write home about. From my perspective, its the same grind.

 

Please don't take my responses as a rebute for an agrument. Simply making others aware that not everyone is going to come to the same conclusion would do best as a better resolve can come about instead of petty bickering which I hope does not come to.


 



 So in small they can  do nothing and make excuses for them selves and release info ony when  they feel like it.   ALso fans or should i say buisness customers  cant  give a concern feedback to better things becuase they  bought the brand product..<< is this your point or  base circulations your trying to make?? Asking

 

 I was in the miltiary  for 12  yrs.  us navy.,  also the nsf.. what your talking about  with  telling things on need to know basis of whats going on is  miltiary based information.. its not buisness , the big difference. The miltary  doesnt to answer to anyone nor listen, this is  why  they have a press securtary. 

 

 No-one lives is at stake with the information over a  delayed viedo game dlc..  Its a buisness agn the big difference  bwteen the two.. so  i  dont think  that examaple is  fair, and  if it's a real problem they  have give a statement each month regarding the issuses.Thats the federal law.. it can be same statement till end of mankind but they have to tell the consumer something. Again some people or should i say  customers are stock holders, stock  holder equal sponsors to make games, buisness partners etc etc.

 

 So again  they  just take the consumers money and say nothing..  That all most like a ponzi  scheme, this is why gaming is going dwn the crapper..  There is no trust..

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 23 of 28 (77 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
15650 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

Sep 3, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

LazyShady wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

LazyShady wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

You do know your rage is quite in vain.....

 

many people already know Skyrim to be a broken game for the PS3. Seeing as how the X360 more closely resembles a PC's hardware, and the PS3 being harder to program for a company that has little to no experience.

 

This seems to come right off the heels that the PS3 DLC will possibly never happen.

 

Besidees.... there are many people who have not experienced any issues with Skyrim after their patches.

 


Whoa whoa, you actually believed that!? Bethesda can easily request for a Sony software engineer on the Ps3.  And hard to program? Omg I dont even know where to begin with that. 

Its a known fact..... X360 is easier to program.
Its also a known fact that games that are PC-centric FIRST, tend to have the most issues with the PS3 due to rushed development. 

 

"Calling for help" may be a viable solution, but look at all the news surrounding Bethesda's games on PS3.... most are bug-ridden, and lazily developed for the platform. Its pretty obvious Bethesda doesnt care about the PS3 and care more about making as much money as they can. They even admit that DLC likely won't happen because of "technical aspects we cannot yet overcome"
Also, it'd be wise to note that BSW not only develops games, but they also are a publisher. Take that with a grain of salt. 

 

Only certain developers chose to invest their time into the PS3's development kit. Obviously it worked for most of them. It also worked for developers who are willing to delay the release of a game on other platforms to make sure everyone is on even footing, namely from the likes of Ubisoft. Not one game from them has had game-breaking issues.
 


because I'm used to developing for Ps3. 

Exactly...... when you are "settled in" and have experience in working with a certain system, you are more readily available to handle issues that others who are "newbies" cannot. 
I am not speaking FOR BSW, but from experience playing their prevous games, they have not shown much enthusiasm for consoles. They are merely following a progressive way to continue to do business and be profitable as possible, regardless of having any concern for their consumer base.
 

 

Everything else you said is correct but it is bullSh*t about them not able to fix a unknown bug and not notify the public earlier.

They should have no reason to notify anyone until they are prepared to do so. Obviously from what you quoted, its apparent even from every other forum to include this one, people have become irate about it. They have to prepare themselves for the "crap storm" before they ever make any announcement. 
Being a prior member of the military, one thing that they teach in SNCO academy is to alway prepare yourself for the reactions you get before ever making any sort of announcement and to be sure of the timing of such. Such leadership/management training courses, whether they are taught in schools, private institutions or even a company itself, has such teachings.
You could say its a form of subversion, but its also a measure or crisis management. Its also good to note that any sucessful business/corporation, uses a chain-of-command.
If you are in any sort of a lower level with your employer, you'll know that your supervision will not always explain to you the plans or the big picture until it is absolutely necessary.

 

From my experience, when a project is passed deadline and still in development from a long while, its being done on purpose. No information on it being unstable or constant errors.

As said before, they wouldn't report anything until they are prepared for it. Obviously their timing on the news has failed.

If it WAS done on purpose, it'd be interesting to understand why you would think so as you have mentioned you have experience working for programming with the PS3, why would it be done "On Purpose".

Would It be safe to assume you work for a developer of some sort? Or is this experience coming from one of the many campuses that Sony has provided Dev Kits for (for the game developer programs many companies/institutions have created) ?

 

 

And now after the delay of Dawnguard and beginning of Heartfire, news of bugs in the DLC now come up. I'm not saying you are wrong but what i am saying is believing them is kind of on the borderline.

Im not saying I believe them. I'm simply keeping an open mind about the whole thing. Staying neutral and not committing to any one side of an issue is the best way to see the reasoning for such *ahem* outrageous news.

On rare occasions I play Skyrim..... on PC. I used to have it on PS3 until, like so many people started having issues with their save file, and then theres the issue of the graphical quality not being as good as the PC version (mostly due in part to the limited memory resources for both the system RAM and GPU RAM). 

Since then, I have acquired Dawnguard and while it is a good content pack. Its nothing to write home about. From my perspective, its the same grind.

 

Please don't take my responses as a rebute for an agrument. Simply making others aware that not everyone is going to come to the same conclusion would do best as a better resolve can come about instead of petty bickering which I hope does not come to.


 



 So in small they can  do nothing and make excuses for them selves and release info ony when  they feel like it.   ALso fans or should i say buisness customers  cant  give a concern feedback to better things becuase they  bought the brand product..<< is this your point or  base circulations your trying to make?? Asking

My point on that aspect was that not every company is quick to listen to their consumer base. Not every developer/publisher have "community managers" for an avenue of feedback to link with their customers. As they'll simply rely on the feedback of the critics from respected news outlets and other community managers within the industry. 

 

 I was in the miltiary  for 12  yrs.  us navy.,  also the nsf.. what your talking about  with  telling things on need to know basis of whats going on is  miltiary based information.. its not buisness , the big difference. The miltary  doesnt to answer to anyone nor listen, this is  why  they have a press securtary. No-one lives is at stake with the information over a  delayed viedo game dlc..  Its a buisness agn the big difference  bwteen the two.. so  i  dont think  that examaple is  fair, and  if it's a real problem they  have give a statement each month regarding the issuses.Thats the federal law.. it can be same statement till end of mankind but they have to tell the consumer something. Again some people or should i say  customers are stock holders, stock  holder equal sponsors to make games, buisness partners etc etc.
Thats not what I meant..... The military IS a business. If you fail to see that, you've never seen the bigger picture. With 12 years in the military your rank should've been MUCH higher than mine, possibly in the Senior Master Seargeant/ E-8. Or you might not have been in a career field that wasn't much about "mission essential" operation.
Even with my 8 years, becoming a Master Seageant Select, I found that my career field dealt more with otuside agencies than we did within our own base. Which actually went for the majority of my base, not to include the typical contacts from Lockheed or Boeing.
Seriously..... who does the Military serve aside from direct orders from Civilians in Office? They serve any country that asks for aide, whether it'd be for humanitarian purposes or for assistance in conflicts or even continuing public relations with countries that would benefit one or both parties. And the primary benefactors of our own military is the civilian population.
The same rigid heirarchial structure that has been running for thousands of years ever since ancient times has exhibited a large amount of success. For historical purposes, thats why some of the most well known and longest lasting armies have been recognized aside from how it affected the course of the present day.

Its only natural that the "smart" people took notice in how things were run and applied to create large conglomerates and corporations. Just as quickly as countries rise and fall and cultures become mixed, business react the same way when they get bought/sold/traded/merged, especially how fast the stock market fluctuates.

On the subect of "Federal Law" in how businesses let their customers know about "how things are going".... They don't have to report anything, not even on a "need to know" basis. Of course they have to give word to the people who are responsible for their financial resources... how else would they continue to give millions of dollars in operating costs not to include actual development. Investors NEED this information to be sure they are getting a decent return. The people who are responsible in the function of a company have to know, not its customers.
The general public does not need to know. Look at how some of these developers have fallen into bankruptcy the last few years. Most developers literally fade away. 

 

 So again  they  just take the consumers money and say nothing..  That all most like a ponzi  scheme, this is why gaming is going dwn the crapper..  There is no trust..

Exactly.... thats how Activision is operating. 
Looking at past press-conferences and interviews from CEO Bobby Kotick who is quite arguably the most vocal executive among every industry, even admits that all of their decisions are based on the fact that they have to line their own pockets for the survival of their company.
Tell me how they DO NOT operate a border-line ponzi scheme with these outrageous pre-orders and then come out with lackluster product and then they report on the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS in profits, compared to a measly "drop in the bucket" amount of 10million. The difference is, the actually HAVE a product and not some phantom idea.

There never is any trust in the gaming industry. Thats how most of these creative companies thrive. They have to protect their IP's.... Take the Apple vs Samsung battle as a very loose comparison. Their information is more public than that of even global news outlets, and these game developers have security protocols that would make most 2nd world militaries jealous


 

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 24 of 28 (72 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Online
6424 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

Sep 3, 2012

^^  on topic above..I was up for a brass postion apon my return to the usa.  As far  the miltiary being a buisness.. Some like to say that becuase they buy things and sell things, but its not buisness. a buisness makes money, the miitary dont make money nor does it take any, While it can make money for weapon owners developers and sell stuff and etc. It doesn't  directly generate   revenue or pay any taxes. Its a complicated  explaination to give.. in small they  have folks to do that for them not  the miltiary  directly .

..

  as far  activision..    They use to be good. i dont what happen to them..  there games have cuase  so much  cost in repairs  for broken consoles and pc's..  I dont know how they get away with it.. They are very close to ponzi  scheme  company,   i dont buy there games..  So i do agree with you there.. I feel very sorry for  devs   on  there label.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 25 of 28 (66 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
15650 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

Sep 4, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

^^  on topic above..I was up for a brass postion apon my return to the usa.  As far  the miltiary being a buisness.. Some like to say that becuase they buy things and sell things, but its not buisness. a buisness makes money, the miitary dont make money nor does it take any, While it can make money for weapon owners developers and sell stuff and etc. It doesn't  directly generate   revenue or pay any taxes. Its a complicated  explaination to give.. in small they  have folks to do that for them not  the miltiary  directly .

..

  as far  activision..    They use to be good. i dont what happen to them..  there games have cuase  so much  cost in repairs  for broken consoles and pc's..  I dont know how they get away with it.. They are very close to ponzi  scheme  company,   i dont buy there games..  So i do agree with you there.. I feel very sorry for  devs   on  there label.


There are businesses that are not-for-profit.

 

I'm not referring the military in how it makes money, but in how its heirarchial structure/chain-of-command is the same as any successful business.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 26 of 28 (55 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Online
6424 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

Sep 4, 2012

 ok i understand your point. like basic customer service training.. knowing and telling..

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 27 of 28 (52 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
15650 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

Sep 4, 2012

Close enough

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 28 of 28 (50 Views)
Reply
0 Likes