Reply
Highlighted
Sep 02 2012
By: GoldIgnot First Son 5 posts
Offline

Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

27 replies 272 views Edited Sep 2, 2012

So Bethesda released a game for 2 consoles, PS3 and X-BOX, and they are giving us only a short end of the stick, seriously, do Bethesda call them developers are lazy **bleep** who couldn't port a game? To be honest, if Skyrim wasn't released on PS3 at the first place, I wouldn't be mad at all, because people wasted their hard-earn money on a broken game...

 

"DLC, hell, they have release multiple extra features for the other platforms this game has been sold on.

And we were sold a broken product to begin with. This company has zero scruples. The drop in support is just the latest (and predicted by many) slap delivered to the PS3 community.

I sincerely hope Sony gives Zenima/Bethesda the finger and refuses to certify dishonored, and every other Zen or Beth game, for the PS3 until such time as their previous titles are fully supported."

Message 1 of 28 (272 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

Sep 2, 2012

You do know your rage is quite in vain.....

 

many people already know Skyrim to be a broken game for the PS3. Seeing as how the X360 more closely resembles a PC's hardware, and the PS3 being harder to program for a company that has little to no experience.

 

This seems to come right off the heels that the PS3 DLC will possibly never happen.

 

Besidees.... there are many people who have not experienced any issues with Skyrim after their patches.

 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 28 (267 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/15/2011
Offline
1012 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

Sep 2, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

You do know your rage is quite in vain.....

 

many people already know Skyrim to be a broken game for the PS3. Seeing as how the X360 more closely resembles a PC's hardware, and the PS3 being harder to program for a company that has little to no experience.

 

This seems to come right off the heels that the PS3 DLC will possibly never happen.

 

Besidees.... there are many people who have not experienced any issues with Skyrim after their patches.

 


Whoa whoa, you actually believed that!? Bethesda can easily request for a Sony software engineer on the Ps3.  And hard to program? Omg I dont even know where to begin with that. 
 photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 3 of 28 (263 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

Sep 2, 2012

LazyShady wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

You do know your rage is quite in vain.....

 

many people already know Skyrim to be a broken game for the PS3. Seeing as how the X360 more closely resembles a PC's hardware, and the PS3 being harder to program for a company that has little to no experience.

 

This seems to come right off the heels that the PS3 DLC will possibly never happen.

 

Besidees.... there are many people who have not experienced any issues with Skyrim after their patches.

 


Whoa whoa, you actually believed that!? Bethesda can easily request for a Sony software engineer on the Ps3.  And hard to program? Omg I dont even know where to begin with that. 

Its a known fact..... X360 is easier to program.
Its also a known fact that games that are PC-centric FIRST, tend to have the most issues with the PS3 due to rushed development. 

 

"Calling for help" may be a viable solution, but look at all the news surrounding Bethesda's games on PS3.... most are bug-ridden, and lazily developed for the platform. Its pretty obvious Bethesda doesnt care about the PS3 and care more about making as much money as they can. They even admit that DLC likely won't happen because of "technical aspects we cannot yet overcome"
Also, it'd be wise to note that BSW not only develops games, but they also are a publisher. Take that with a grain of salt. 

 

Only certain developers chose to invest their time into the PS3's development kit. Obviously it worked for most of them. It also worked for developers who are willing to delay the release of a game on other platforms to make sure everyone is on even footing, namely from the likes of Ubisoft. Not one game from them has had game-breaking issues.
 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 28 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/12/2012
Offline
41 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

Sep 2, 2012

What I don't understand is, Bethesda  released Oblivion and DLC 5 years ago with no gamebreaking bugs (at least none that I heard of, I've only played it on Xbox). Since it's a similar type of game, wouldn't they learn from that? I'm curious to know what specifically the issue is that's keeping the DLC from coming to PS3.

 

The last update Bethesda gave said that they we're working with Sony on this, so hopefully someone smarter than them can fix the mess they created.

_____________________________________________________________
Open to all friend requests.

Talk to me on Twitter: @PSN_BigPapa727
Message 5 of 28 (249 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/05/2009
Offline
8202 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

Sep 2, 2012
It might be just me, but I'm enjoying Skyrim on my PS3. It drops framerate noticeably on heavy battles, but I haven't encountered gamebreakers yet.

Still though, good thing I got this used, it's unacceptable that Bethesda released a broken game Day 1 and no amount of patches will help that.



Valve was once non-supportive of the PS3 version a few years ago and has more experience of the 360 and PC. And then, Valve suddenly releasing the stellar Portal 2 for PS3 which was properly coded, Bethesda has NO excuse. A botch job is a botch job. Highly unacceptable.

I'll be getting their games Used months after launch.
Message 6 of 28 (244 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29406 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

Sep 2, 2012

Doppelgangergang wrote:
It might be just me, but I'm enjoying Skyrim on my PS3. It drops framerate noticeably on heavy battles, but I haven't encountered gamebreakers yet.

Still though, good thing I got this used, it's unacceptable that Bethesda released a broken game Day 1 and no amount of patches will help that.



Valve was once non-supportive of the PS3 version a few years ago and has more experience of the 360 and PC. And then, Valve suddenly releasing the stellar Portal 2 for PS3 which was properly coded, Bethesda has NO excuse. A botch job is a botch job. Highly unacceptable.

I'll be getting their games Used months after launch.

It makes me wonder exactly what do some people consider to be "broken"? Or is it a case of everyone saying it on the internet, and then opinion becomes "fact", and then qualifying it by saying "it just is"? Six of one, a half dozenof the other? 

 

As far as Bethesda and their unscrupulous business practices, they're not in business to be swell guys. Bethesdea is in business to make money, and Skyrim, like it or not, is a source of profit for them. If it is unprofitable for them to keep supporing the PS3 version, then guess what? They aren't going to support it. Complaining here isn't going to do you any good. I'm sure that nobody here is a representitive of Bethesdea, and my guess is they aren't going to randomly read this and say "GADZOOKS!! We really need to turn this around!". I know that many have this idea that if a company drops support, then it falls to Sony, that's not the case. 

 

Like it or not, they have your money already, so it's mission accomplished for them. There's certain developers out there that I think that when "gamers" think of them, this is the image that comes to mind;

 

Snidely Whiplash

 

Granted they're not complete saints, but I really don't think they're twirling their mustaches and tying helpless women to railroad tracks. 

Message 7 of 28 (240 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Online
7118 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

Sep 2, 2012

BigPapa727 wrote:

What I don't understand is, Bethesda  released Oblivion and DLC 5 years ago with no gamebreaking bugs (at least none that I heard of, I've only played it on Xbox). Since it's a similar type of game, wouldn't they learn from that? I'm curious to know what specifically the issue is that's keeping the DLC from coming to PS3.

 

The last update Bethesda gave said that they we're working with Sony on this, so hopefully someone smarter than them can fix the mess they created.



its not  the coding thats keeping it  from coming to ps3 .  This is  era of paid dlc.   does  Gta 4 ring a bell.?    Most likey a paid  dlc thing .  The truth is ps3 is the premiere console to build a game on by market standards.    So  agn i  donthink it s  hardware or soft ware issue. its   a " i took money to keep the  dlc from  ps3 issue"..

 

 

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 8 of 28 (223 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

Sep 2, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

BigPapa727 wrote:

What I don't understand is, Bethesda  released Oblivion and DLC 5 years ago with no gamebreaking bugs (at least none that I heard of, I've only played it on Xbox). Since it's a similar type of game, wouldn't they learn from that? I'm curious to know what specifically the issue is that's keeping the DLC from coming to PS3.

 

The last update Bethesda gave said that they we're working with Sony on this, so hopefully someone smarter than them can fix the mess they created.



its not  the coding thats keeping it  from coming to ps3 .  This is  era of paid dlc.   does  Gta 4 ring a bell.?    Most likey a paid  dlc thing .  The truth is ps3 is the premiere console to build a game on by market standards.    So  agn i  donthink it s  hardware or soft ware issue. its   a " i took money to keep the  dlc from  ps3 issue"..

 

 


You missed one thing...... Bethesda admitted they have had issues with coding on the PS3 and they have no idea if they will ever get things right for DLC.

 

So if BSW was really looking for more money, they'd try harder to release the DLC soon, which seems they are getting help from Sony for..........

Furiously Chaosing
Message 9 of 28 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Online
7118 posts
 

Re: Sick of Bethesda and pretty sure everyone agrees

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

BigPapa727 wrote:

What I don't understand is, Bethesda  released Oblivion and DLC 5 years ago with no gamebreaking bugs (at least none that I heard of, I've only played it on Xbox). Since it's a similar type of game, wouldn't they learn from that? I'm curious to know what specifically the issue is that's keeping the DLC from coming to PS3.

 

The last update Bethesda gave said that they we're working with Sony on this, so hopefully someone smarter than them can fix the mess they created.



its not  the coding thats keeping it  from coming to ps3 .  This is  era of paid dlc.   does  Gta 4 ring a bell.?    Most likey a paid  dlc thing .  The truth is ps3 is the premiere console to build a game on by market standards.    So  agn i  donthink it s  hardware or soft ware issue. its   a " i took money to keep the  dlc from  ps3 issue"..

 

 


You missed one thing...... Bethesda admitted they have had issues with coding on the PS3 and they have no idea if they will ever get things right for DLC.

 

So if BSW was really looking for more money, they'd try harder to release the DLC soon, which seems they are getting help from Sony for..........



  Well  that might be true  but  if  people like  Ea and rockstar games  and many other can  build on the ps3  with  ease along  cell phone game developers which is a whole new world of developing .. I dont find there excuse to be  100% truthful or mind ful inthe  aspect they are claiming, becuase they   do  world  reknown games..  Money can stall things to  as well  make the ambitions to speed things up.

 

 There is some dishonesty on there half,  becuase sony  would  of had the content out  in about 1 month.. they have some best coders and  re  game engineers in the world. Im not buying  bsw is selling withthe  excuses.. Did they(sony) not  bring one the hardest games back . ico.. they said it couldnt be done no how... its done   and done in  a fashion that rocked the gaming world..

 

 So agn  bsw has not a excuse to this  turn of  events,  its  either they dont want to.,  or took money to delay . becuase the  good lord and as  the devil know they dont lack the skills  to  do basic coding for  ps3 console.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 10 of 28 (189 Views)
Reply
0 Likes