Dec 21 2012
By: XJohnny25X Lombax Warrior 110 posts

Should i sell my 3DS??

11 replies 291 views Edited Dec 21, 2012

Hi,

Should i sell my 3DS and get more games and accessories for my VITA?

I don't play my 3DS often and the only game i have on that appeals to me is maro kart 7, i have a vita and i have Fifa 13,Mortal Kombat(Got free on PS+) and Assassin's Creed and there are more vita games i'd like to play such as COD and Uncharted.

What should i do?

Message 1 of 12 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Re: Should i sell my 3DS??

Dec 21, 2012

It really depends, is there nothing else coming out you'd like to play for 3DS? I'm sure tons more games worth playing will come out on 3DS but if you don't want it and there's not really any games you're looking into there's no reason not to sell it. Personally I spend hours on my vita daily with all these sales and great games coming out this season the new year is only going to get better.

Message 2 of 12 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Whatever you want to do, just do it.

Personally i'd keep the 3DS just in case something good comes. I don't know how games are on that system, but you may want to keep it if a Mario game comes out.

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 3 of 12 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11727 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Whatever you feel like doing is up to you. In thinking about the situation, though... are there absolutely no games on the horizon that you have your eye on? Did you only get the 3DS for Mario Kart 7 or are you attracted to upcoming titles such as Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, or maybe a more recent Mario escapade like Paper Mario: Sticker Star?

If none of these or other known games out there in the 3DS lineup seem likely to sell you on continuing your pursuit with the handheld, then by all means use it for something more useful like credit toward the Vita games and accessories.

Message 4 of 12 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Dec 21, 2012

I've been thinking about this as well, and personally I've decided to keep mine. Sure I absolutely hate nintendo's marketing for games on the thing (i.e. "New" Super Mario Bros. 2 for those that remember), but there's going to be Smash Bros, Monster Hunter, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon being released for it, the former two being released in March for NA. Nothing seems appealing to me at the moment besides those games, but it's also early in it's life span so I'm going to wait.

I must say though, I've been enjoying my Vita much, much more than my 3DS (got my 3DS in February and got the AC Vita when it was released). If nintendo first-party titles have lost nearly all their appeal, I would go ahead and sell the 3DS.

Photobucket

Message 5 of 12 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I have both and I personally keep coming bak to my vita. Even tho I recently got 3 games for my 3ds
Message 6 of 12 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I've always thought that if you are a gamer, you will want to have as many options as possible. The 3DS has some amazing titles right now and more coming, if absolutely none of them appeal to you then sure, why keep a system that doesn't interest you~?

But with games like RE: Revelations, Kid Icarus Uprising, DoA: Dimensions. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Kingdom Hearts: DDD amongst others, I really think you should make sure first there's nothing that interests you before doing something hasty~.
Message 7 of 12 (253 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13556 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Well, I would say no, as others have said, due to the vast amount of games available and upcoming.

But like they all said, it's based on your interests.

If you happen to own a Wii U, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is coming out on the Wii U and the 3DS, and will feature a Cross-Save sort of thing (you can play on the Wii U, and then continue on the 3DS. Much like PS3/Vita Cross-Save on games like MLB 12 The Show)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 12 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I'd say keep both. Since you probably getting money on Christmas then maybe you could get cod and uncharted then.
Message 9 of 12 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Dec 21, 2012
As with many other people on this thread, it's up to you to decide if you are going to sell it or not.

If it stays at the cabinet collecting dust and doing nothing at all, might as well get rid of it before the value drops.
Message 10 of 12 (217 Views)
0 Likes