I Only Post Everything
859 posts

Re: Should Sony troll Microsoft Xbox reveal May 21st?

May 7, 2013
I personally wouldn't have a problem with Sony trying to upstage Microsoft. But it wouldn't work unless it was something really huge. This is the reveal of their new console combined with the reveal of the next Call of Duty. Everyone's going to be watching it. I do find it a little cheap that they are combining the two. It makes perfect sense from a marketing standpoint but a lot of people will be watching for the CoD presentation. It's just another slap in the face to CoD on ps3 players who are constantly reminded that it was made for the xbox. Hopefully more ps3/ps4 players will catch on and stop buying a crappy version of the game at launch.

I do think that the ps4 reveal would have been a bit better if they announced GT6 instead of Drive Club. Drive Club looks nice but everyone knows Gran Turismo
Message 11 of 31 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2943 posts

May 7, 2013

I'm not sure it would necessarily be a good idea unless they did what they will do at E3 and present it AFTER the Xbox. If they did it at the same time you'd lose people watching as they'd be busy watching the other console. Should they do it? I'd say no. Just wait it out until E3. 

Message 12 of 31 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

May 7, 2013
ill be watching it on live that day ill relay some info back as soon as i get it
Message 13 of 31 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

May 7, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

I think what he is trying to say is Sony should make a big reveal the day of Microsoft's event, so that Sony can steal some of their thunder away. (which isn't a bad idea. It's a competitive move. Not trolling.)

Sony is already doing that.... they're presentation is AT THE END of E3

No, no, we are not talking about E3. We are talking about Microsoft's event on the 21st.

But yes, I know Sony is having their E3 press conference at the end of June 10th (same day as Microsoft), and that is a great move. They have usually always done it on another day, in the past.

And that is not the end of E3, they are just closing out the special opening day. E3 2013 officially runs from June 11th thru the 13th.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 14 of 31 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5165 posts

May 7, 2013

If the Xbox 720 has an always online requirement then the PS4 has already won. No trolling necessary.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
225+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 15 of 31 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

May 7, 2013

No. Absolutely not.

I dislike when fanbois troll the "opposing" side's threads, forums or sites. Sony, and Sony fans, should leave Microsoft alone. It's unprofessional. It's annoying. It's childish.

Microsoft's XBox will fail or succeed on its own. If they don't bring enough to the table, if they make it too complicated, or too much of a "Jack of All Trades" then gamers will leave it alone. Same with Sony's Playstation. Why rile people up over nothing?

I love gaming. I'm rather open minded though. But even fanbois love gaming. I'll leave you with a rather 'famous' quote:

"Can't we all just get along?"

Message 16 of 31 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

May 7, 2013

Mockers- wrote:

What HorroGod said. I didn't mean "troll" like that and I don't have an obession I just used it as a title starter. 

Seems I misunderstood you a bit. I should've read further down the page. However, I still don't think Sony has any real need to make any major or even minor reveals on Microsoft's "big day". Microsoft left Sony alone. Let Sony return the favor.

Message 17 of 31 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4463 posts

May 7, 2013

I agree! companies shouldn't do that kind of thing which is pretty much the reason I dont like Microsoft. They do it all the time at E3 and such and its really annoying and unprofessional.

Message 18 of 31 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

To add on to the huge unprofessional point that has been brought up, Sony has more to lose in that situation than they have to gain. So they get a quick laugh and the "ooohhs" from the internet, but they have a little less to present for their own conference, risk the possibility of Microsoft's news overshadowing their own, and risk soiling their relationship with Microsoft.

Sure they are competing companies, but I believe that they do consult with each other a tiny bit to control how the console scene develops as a whole. Imagine what effect having a game for $5-10 less will generate for Microsoft if they've got hardware to rival the PS4. Its just a bad idea in general and I'm certain they don't want to make things harder for themselves.

Presenting last at E3 is the safest and closest you'll get to this "idea"

Message 19 of 31 (100 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

May 7, 2013

dewadonuts wrote:

To add on to the huge unprofessional point that has been brought up, Sony has more to lose in that situation than they have to gain. So they get a quick laugh and the "ooohhs" from the internet, but they have a little less to present for their own conference, risk the possibility of Microsoft's news overshadowing their own, and risk soiling their relationship with Microsoft.

Sure they are competing companies, but I believe that they do consult with each other a tiny bit to control how the console scene develops as a whole. Imagine what effect having a game for $5-10 less will generate for Microsoft if they've got hardware to rival the PS4. Its just a bad idea in general and I'm certain they don't want to make things harder for themselves.

Presenting last at E3 is the safest and closest you'll get to this "idea"

Ehh, I don't think they consult with each other at all. It is a rival company. You don't want them to know what you're planning anymore than they want you to know what they are.

But, yes, Sony deciding to go after Microsoft at the opening day of E3is close enough to the OP's idea. It alone is a nice middle finger to the MS. Considering Sony/Microsoft have always done their press conferences on separate days of E3.

I don't think Sony is worried about "Soiling" any kind of relationship with MS, either. After all, they are the ones who had the little rub "we didn't create a box.." at their February PS4 event. It is a console war. Both want to win the hearts of gamers, and especially the wallets of the people who will only buy 1 of the 2 consoles.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 20 of 31 (95 Views)
0 Likes