Jan 29 2013
By: DoubleO_seven Uncharted Territory 1372 posts
Accepted Solution

Should Online Trophies Be Trashed?

[ Edited ]
17 replies 147 views Edited Jan 29, 2013

I think so. Depending on others to get trophies sometimes can be real bothersome.Even people that have purchased a game  later sometimes end up having to deal with dead servers. I just know that with offline trophies I can go back 3-5 months down the line and still be able to complete it. I hate to see a game I have purchased at about 90 percent done and the ones I need have to deal with are online mulitplayer lol.  I mean im fine with online trophies if I can get them by myself. Seen someone in another post say something about this and it made me think back to how much of a pain Resident Evil ORC online trophies were.

What are your thoughts?

:catmad:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

Re: Should Online Trophies Be Trashed?

Jan 29, 2013
Agree and disagree... Its true servers do die but i would still like to keep the challenge of trophies

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (140 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10781 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I'd rather there not be online trophies to have to grab most times. As you've said, servers die. Not to mention online trophies create the problem of having to level up a certain distance. If you're intending on Platinuming a game, it shouldn't be forced on players to play the online mode. If you don't like online then you'll miss out on some fine trophies. If you do play, however, there are games out there with numerous multiplayer-based trophies to haul in. Everything from defeating so-and-so number of enemies to playing a particular mode in a particular way can be a hassle, in case you're used to playing online games your own way.

Then again, single-player trophies will make players do some weird stuff all the same. Normally you might not ever reach Level 50 unless a trophy compels you to go the extra mile.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (135 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

Jan 29, 2013
A great game with this problem is HAWX2

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1372 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I agree. I mean online trophies should be like the DLC trophies, just a bonus but doesnt stop a gamer from getting that platinum. Hardcore online mulitplayers might not feel the same but thats my 2 cents.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (130 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

Jan 29, 2013
hopefully you mean free dlc dont wanna give companies more ideas on taking our money

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1372 posts

Jan 29, 2013

lol I mean the trophies will just be like any other trophies that were installed with the game. Just that the online multiplayer ones shouldnt stop you from getting that plat, should be a bonus.  like say if you complete all the offline trophies, you can still get your platinum trophy but only be at 97/100 percent. If you decide todo the multiplayer thats the only way you can get the full 100. So its like a win/win giving multiplayers some bragging rights that they did the extra challenges to get their 100 percent completed.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Jan 29, 2013

don't really matter to me either way,i was playing games on sytems way before they ever existed or online was ever even thought of...trophies are just some weird bragging thing i think mostly applies to the younger crowd...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (105 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46866 posts

Jan 29, 2013

My opinion, online trophies are fine but SHOULD NOT count toward platinum trophies.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (104 Views)
VP of Gaming
27928 posts

Jan 29, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

My opinion, online trophies are fine but SHOULD NOT count toward platinum trophies.

I completely agree with this.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (101 Views)
0 Likes