Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 22 2011
By: uSirName42 First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Should I get an Xbox too?

9 replies 11 views Edited Nov 22, 2011

Please no fanboys!!!

So two years ago I got my PlayStation 3 system, and don't get me wrong, I love it. I have several games for it and am a happy camper. BUT, last year a whole bunch of my friends who didn't have any next-gen systems got Xbox's, and now I have hardly any friends to play with. So this year for Christmas I think I will ask for an Xbox but I want your guys' input on my decision. I would have to give the PS3 to my brother and stuff. PLEASE DO NOT START A WAR AND PLEASE NO FANBOY COMMENTS. Thanks guys

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7530 posts

Re: Should I get an Xbox too?

Nov 22, 2011

We're not here to tell you how to spend your money, but here's my advice:

If you like any games on that system, and you got friends who play that system, and if you find it worthwhile to spend on that system, then by all means you can consider doing so.

However, be sure that you know that you'll be buying more expensive accessories like Hard Drives and paying for online play.

Personally, I don't see the cost of jumping to the 360 (or PC) justifiable, as all the games I want is on PS3.

Welcome to the forums.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (11 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 22, 2011

I say you should get both, so you can play exclusive games on both platforms. On Black Friday, Target will be selling one for $140...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Nov 22, 2011

i have both but i have go with what doppelgangergang says but the only difference in games that xbox has HALO and GEARS OF WAR. so i wouldnt waste to much money on it since now the newer xbox's have like 4GB of internal hard drive.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (11 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16316 posts

Nov 22, 2011

uSirName42 wrote:

Please no fanboys!!!

So two years ago I got my PlayStation 3 system, and don't get me wrong, I love it. I have several games for it and am a happy camper. BUT, last year a whole bunch of my friends who didn't have any next-gen systems got Xbox's, and now I have hardly any friends to play with. So this year for Christmas I think I will ask for an Xbox but I want your guys' input on my decision. I would have to give the PS3 to my brother and stuff. PLEASE DO NOT START A WAR AND PLEASE NO FANBOY COMMENTS. Thanks guys

You are talking about Xbox and not the 360 right? If that's the case I say no. You're going in the wrong direction and only your brother will profit. Make PSN friends and play with them. If you are talking about the 360 then maybe you should consider getting it to play with your current friends.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 22, 2011

Yeah I was talking about 360 noticed I didn't say 360 anywhere in there  sorry for the confusion.

And I probably will get Xbox 360 like doppelgang or whatever said.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
406 posts

Nov 23, 2011

i have both too. i know a way to get free games for xbox. pm me if u would like to know how...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 23, 2011

Well if the 360 has games u like u might want to get it.I dont like Halo or Gears so for me ill never get a 360.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 23, 2011

PS3 and Xbox are both great. But I perfer the PS3 and this is why. Free membership and more/better exclusives. Yes Xbox has its awesome games like Halo, Gears of War, Fable and Forza. And those are all great games! But PS3 has Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, Mod Nation, Gran Turismo, MAG, Uncharted, God of War, Heavy Rain, Resistance, and soon we'll have Dust 514 and Starhawk. At the end of the day you gotta say. "How do I want to play my games?" I personally think having to pay to play online is crazy. But what ever you diside you wont be disapointed.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (11 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 23, 2011

I just watched Bonus Round on Gametrailers.com, the panel basically said that Microsoft is making so much money on XBL they don't need to invest the money on many exclusive 1st party content, there is also a strong push by Microsoft to cater to families with younger childeren who may want to upgrade from the Wii with their family based Kinectic titles...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (11 Views)
0 Likes