Apr 17 2014
By: akboy1025 Splicer 45 posts

Should I get a PS Vita

[ Edited ]
28 replies 888 views Edited Apr 23, 2014

i been thinking about it for some time and just asking what you guys and girls think is it worth the money 

Mod Edit: Updated label & subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels and here to review the Rules of Conduct.

Thanks! GuardianBelle

Message 1 of 29 (888 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

Re: should i get a vita

Apr 17, 2014

You definetely should. If you have PS+, you can get even more games for it. It is definitely worth the price.

Message 2 of 29 (883 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6378 posts

Re: should i get a vita

Apr 17, 2014

Yep, absolutely. At the price it is at now, it's really good! The PS+ subscription just adds to it with the games you can download. I bought mine back in January, no regrets.

Google+Google+Google+Google+Google+
Message 3 of 29 (864 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12313 posts

Re: Should i get a PS Vita

Apr 17, 2014

The VITA screen and some of its games are ok, but I dont like the analog sticks, the single triggers, the memory card prices or the lack of what they originally promised which was a true console experience on a hand held.

Outside a couple games like Killzone its pretty hard to say you get a full console experience, especially with the IMO lacking controls.

If it had video out and you could connect a PS3 controller I would buy one in a heart beat then just hope some great games come out.

As is I am thinking about waiting for the VITA 2, which should be out sometime just before I die and be perfect.

Good luck!

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 4 of 29 (859 Views)
Last Guardian
11716 posts

Re: Should i get a PS Vita

Apr 17, 2014

This would all depend on if there's enough games in the Vita library that you'd like to play. For me, Tearaway was one of the major incentives to buying the Vita. The game actually looked to be something unique and original, not to mention fun to play for the handheld. Tearaway wasn't yet another Killzone, Uncharted, Call of Duty, LittleBigPlanet, or something that's already been done. It looked to be entertaining, and it turned out that the game was better than I thought it would be.

Other games that the Vita brought through Plus specifically included the likes of Limbo (which was on sale) and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, which I've only just started playing as of late. With the Vita there has naturally been some games I've not enjoyed. Such titles as the acclaimed Gravity Rush turned out to be a stinker, whilst in a somewhat different light CastleStorm (which I was planning on getting for the PlayStation 3) turned out to be okay.

If you're interested in the kind of games that the Vita has to offer, then it has the power to dish out some of the games that are already found on PlayStation 3 or others that are simultaneously being brought to the PlayStation 4 down the line. Tales of Hearts has been said to be hitting the Vita for Western audiences. If you're an RPG fan, there are already a number of entries you can find on the platform and still more to come.

Message 5 of 29 (849 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7387 posts

Re: Should I get a PS Vita

Apr 18, 2014
Are there enough games that you want to play on the vita? Im currently playing Dead Nation, Killzone Mercenary online multiplayer and sometimes i play quick sesions of pixeljunk monster Ultimate HD and Little Big Planet community levels, i love my vita.
Message 6 of 29 (830 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Apr 18, 2014

you should get it. There are a lot of good games on it.

Message 7 of 29 (818 Views)
Splicer
45 posts

Apr 23, 2014

thx for the help im gonna buy one next week they got all the ps1-ps2 games now gonna be crazy 

Message 8 of 29 (757 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1461 posts

Apr 23, 2014

I think the Vita itself is an awesome device, but I can find VERY FEW games that I actually like.  Seems like 80% of the catalogue are some kind of Japanese anime or cartoonish game which I'm not a fan of  Hopefully it gets better starting with Borderlands 2.  The only games I've played so far that I've liked are Uncharted Golden Abyss and Unit 13.

Message 9 of 29 (753 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Apr 23, 2014

Go get it your portable system, an avalanche of games is just coming out soon. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 29 (751 Views)