Feb 24 2014
By: Fliggyz First Son 22 posts

Should I get Thief?

[ Edited ]
11 replies 368 views Edited Feb 24, 2014

So I was pretty dang excited for thief as there aren't many good stealth games nowadays. Then the reviews came. Half were positive the others made it sound like **bleep**. I am not usually into stealth games I did do a second playthrough of Dishonored all stealth so would I enjoy it. I know it comes out tomorrow but do you think it is for me because I would rather pick it up digitally on my PS4. Also should I trust the critics? 

Edit: Updated label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 12 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Re: Should I get Thief?

Feb 24, 2014

Fliggyz wrote:

So I was pretty dang excited for thief as there aren't many good stealth games nowadays. Then the reviews came. Half were positive the others made it sound like **bleep**. I am not usually into stealth games I did do a second playthrough of Dishonored all stealth so would I enjoy it. I know it comes out tomorrow but do you think it is for me because I would rather pick it up digitally on my PS4. Also should I trust the critics? 

Edit: Updated label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

You should not always trust them.  What I would do if you are not sure about the game is to wait a 2 days and then look for a lot of walkt and see it for yourself.  I am picking it up tomorrow but thats me.  I hope you can make a choice. 

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 2 of 12 (364 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Feb 24, 2014
Te one thing many reviews said get it right is the stealth part. I am a fan of the original games and this is a definite buy for me.
Message 3 of 12 (353 Views)
Last Guardian
12365 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2014
While I find it interesting to see what critics think, I don't let it make the decision if I will buy it or not..

I've played games that I found were fun that critics gave a low score to and I've played games I found that sucked that critics gave a good review to.

The question you should ask yourself is, does this game look like the type of game your interested in?
Yea sure the game does have it's flaws but to me it still look like fun to play especially if you liked the games from before..
>

Message 4 of 12 (350 Views)
VP of Gaming
31181 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Watch gameplay and make your own opinion off of what you see. 

Reviews are only the opinion of one person and should never be considered an absolute judgement for the quality of a game. 

Message 5 of 12 (349 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Everyone is different. Therefore reviews will be different.

I would suggest to get it. In my opinion, it looks pretty good.

Message 6 of 12 (341 Views)
I Only Post Everything
628 posts

Feb 24, 2014
TheRadBrad's been uploading a walkthrough of Thief since Friday. Go check out his videos and see for yourself if it's worth buying or not.

Personally I don't let game reviews decide for me if I buy a game or not. I've seen plenty of BS reviews for games that I thought deserved better. I'm getting Thief tomorrow and IGN nor Gamespot can't tell me otherwise.
Message 7 of 12 (333 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 24, 2014

ReddAxel wrote:
TheRadBrad's been uploading a walkthrough of Thief since Friday. Go check out his videos and see for yourself if it's worth buying or not.

Personally I don't let game reviews decide for me if I buy a game or not. I've seen plenty of BS reviews for games that I thought deserved better. I'm getting Thief tomorrow and IGN nor Gamespot can't tell me otherwise.

ReddAxel wrote:

ReddAxel wrote:

ReddAxel wrote:

Cleary reviews are not the true way of deciding on a game.  I see them because I like to see the opinion of others but that doesnt decide things for me.  They can rate a game 10 and for me it could be a 7 or 8.  There is nothing wrong with that.  Also one thing to look for is that so of the ones that play the games dont even like the genre very much.  

They supposly play it neutral.  But what I think is that if you put for example a guy that is GOW fan and then you put him to do a review on a sport game he may not like it that much because of the genre.  It happens.  Not all games are for everybody.  For me Thief looks worth my money and time tomorrow so we shall see brothers. 

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 8 of 12 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Feb 24, 2014

How about you trust yourself and buy it. I'm sure it will be good.

Message 9 of 12 (305 Views)
Last Guardian
11776 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Reviews may be the opinion of one person, but they're also a guide to help cautious consumers from keeping their money safe on harmful products. Whether Thief lives up to the general critical opinion or not in your eyes is always on you. If enough reviewers give a game a bad score, that can be a telling sign that X number of people dislike the game. If another number gives it positive scores then there's that amount to consider all the same.

From the looks of things, Thief seems to be getting mixed reactions so far. I won't always let the opinions of others dictate what games I'll buy, as this can sometimes lead to a product you might find yourself pleasantly surprised by even if others tell you to keep away. On the other hand, it can all lead to some upsetting results. If Thief really isn't as great as it looks then you might estimate it might not be the best game in the world, generally speaking. But, if the game still looks amazing from everything you've seen, everything you've read, and everything you've played - demo or otherwise - then it might not be such a bad thing picking up Thief for yourself.

Message 10 of 12 (299 Views)