Mar 01 2012
By: SloppyFatRat First Son 13 posts

Shinobido 2 is getting a bad rap...

5 replies 29 views Edited Mar 1, 2012

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm simply having a blast with Shinobido 2. I don't understand why it's getting such horrible reviews on the market. Yes, the game looks a bit dated next to the other launch release titles but its definitely not horrible. Yes, the controls are a bit wonky...initially. I have gotten familiar with the controls and it plays just fine. The game is very nostalgic of the old school Tenchu games and being that it was developed by the original Tenchu devs, it would make sense. I can see where people would say it's for really hardcore fans of the old school stealth games and it definitelty fits that bill. Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins was one of my favorite PS1 titles and Shinobido 2's feel is very much like that title with improved everything. Being able to glide down from a rooftop with what we would call a 'squirrel suit' today to stealth kill an enemy is serious good fun and there's a lot of little details that the devs added into this title that far outweigh its faults such as being able to sheath your blade whenever you want...maybe it's just me but I love the little details that immerse the player like that. I love this game and will be playing it for some time!

Message 1 of 6 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Re: Shinobido 2 is getting a bad rap...

Mar 1, 2012

I think the only problem I have with the game so far is that some of the missions are recycled and reused a few times, so it feels kind of like didn't I already do this?

Message 2 of 6 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Mar 1, 2012

I played the demo on my Hong Kong PSN account. I didn't have a problem with it so much, only that I thought it was a bit repetetive using the same kill animation to take out 4 enemies in a row. This could be improved in the actual game, and I cannot read Japanese so that could have added to me not having so much fun.

Message 3 of 6 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Mar 2, 2012

I have no problem with this game at all.. Love it.. it's among my top 3 I'd have to say..

Message 4 of 6 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Mar 2, 2012

I was psyched to finally have this game. I'm fiine with repetitive missions but the controls are a pain. There are several times where I will be aiming back and attacking but zen will attack in front of him when the enemy is right behind him even when I'm locked on to an enemy

Message 5 of 6 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Mar 2, 2012

How long does it take to beat this game?

Message 6 of 6 (29 Views)
0 Likes