Apr 21 2014
By: NoPatience4U First Son 17 posts

Sharing Content on multiple PS4s

[ Edited ]
6 replies 243 views Edited Apr 21, 2014

2 PS4 - father (buyer of content/games) 2 sons (players/one PS4 each)... same house

hi, please see title for my situation... I cannot find anything about my specific scenario !

The problem I have is if I buy content under my account, it seems only one of my sons will be able to use the content ?

I buy two of everything (ie games on disc) but not the online content as I was able to put it on both PS3.... but it doesn't look like I will be able to put it for both my sons on PS4. Is this a correct statement ?

if so, it's really disappointing that this decision was taken by Sony !  Even APPLE allows buying itunes and sharing amongst multiple devices in the same household !

if no, how to I set it up ? I read about the primary activation, but my second son cannot for example go online with his account. This really blows at the moment!!! 

If I cannot get around this, then to Sony, "You may not be seeing another penny from me !!! "

thank you for replying !

Mod Edit: Updated label & subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels and here to review the Rules of Conduct. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 7 (243 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
554 posts

Re: Sharing Content on multiple PS4s

Apr 21, 2014

I was wondering about this too.  Ill be buying another PS4 soon and if I can buy a game digitally and use it on both systems, that'd be much better than buying 2 disc copies. Anyone know the answer?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Member Of The GAP Since 10/30/2004
Message 2 of 7 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 21, 2014

for yourself you can, but it doesn't look like it for your family members  unless they use the same primary machine... so one machine is set as primary and they can use it there... but they would not be able to on the second machine which is completely stupid because its the same people in the same house!!

Message 3 of 7 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Apr 21, 2014

What you can do is use one of your sons acocunts to buy the digital content then have that son set the other sons PS4 as his Primary PS4 and then he can use the other PS4 as his non-primamry allowing you to use digital content on 2 PS4s

Message 4 of 7 (171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Apr 21, 2014

thanks for the reply vdub* ...That was the only solution I came up with as well.

it still leaves me however to only be able to play off of one PS4.... off the primary of one of my sons. (as I do play with them too !!)

it's just an odd decision that what Sony created to curb usage of content, actually limits us in our own homes !!! 

Message 5 of 7 (162 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16026 posts

Apr 22, 2014

NoPatience4U wrote:

thanks for the reply vdub* ...That was the only solution I came up with as well.

it still leaves me however to only be able to play off of one PS4.... off the primary of one of my sons. (as I do play with them too !!)

it's just an odd decision that what Sony created to curb usage of content, actually limits us in our own homes !!! 

Its something that definitely needs work.

But this was done because of them having a more open policy on the PS3.... and then subsequently led to stolen accounts and private information being taken, right down to peoples bank accounts being drained.

This new system works to prevent that, and IMO, needs some improvement.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 6 of 7 (139 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
554 posts

Apr 22, 2014

Maybe allow us to have up to 2 primary systems per account?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Member Of The GAP Since 10/30/2004
Message 7 of 7 (119 Views)
0 Likes