Sackboy
612 posts

Re: Seriously, do you regret purchasing PSN+?

Jul 5, 2010

Phantom11392 wrote:

You get value from playing the game because you enjoy the game. You get value for XBL because you get access to online. You get nothing for PSN+. Most of the games on PSN are crap and they arent going to give you the good ones the one exception being Wipeout but that's because they are trying to get new customers. Again most the PS1 games are crap but they arent going to give you the good ones like the FF series.  There is no reason to subscribe to PS+

Thats exactally what I'm saying except for I have enjoyed the games, thus I have got my value. I tend to look at things as numbers. If I get 1hr of enjoyment I equate that to an hour of pay. Say I get payed $8 an hour (I don't want to or need to disclose how much I actually make so im using minimum wage) if I get about 6hrs of enjoyment out of PS+, to me it will have been worth it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 51 of 107 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2902 posts

Jul 5, 2010

warrior4449 wrote:

Phantom11392 wrote:

You get value from playing the game because you enjoy the game. You get value for XBL because you get access to online. You get nothing for PSN+. Most of the games on PSN are crap and they arent going to give you the good ones the one exception being Wipeout but that's because they are trying to get new customers. Again most the PS1 games are crap but they arent going to give you the good ones like the FF series.  There is no reason to subscribe to PS+

Phantom11392 wrote:

You may be the biggest fanboy I have ever seen you wont pay for XBL that actually gives you something new then you pay for PS+ that gives you nothing you. They will never give you the good games on PSN becuase they make money. The discounts are terrible your telling me you would pay $50 a year to get $1 off games wow sounds like a hell of a deal to me. PS+ shows fanboys like you will buy anything sony releases.

You are making a number of assumptions and what isn't an assumption is nothing more than an opinion. The first month hasn't even passed, yet you are already saying that they won't provide any games or content that would be worth the 12-15 months subscription. How about you wait a couple of months to see how Sony handles PSN+ before you start throwing your opinions around like some sort of fact.

Why would they give you something for free that you are would pay $15 your being overly optimistic if you think they will release anything worth a damn

Message 52 of 107 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2283 posts

Jul 5, 2010

Phantom11392 wrote:

warrior4449 wrote:

Phantom11392 wrote:

Phantom11392 wrote:

You may be the biggest fanboy I have ever seen you wont pay for XBL that actually gives you something new then you pay for PS+ that gives you nothing you. They will never give you the good games on PSN becuase they make money. The discounts are terrible your telling me you would pay $50 a year to get $1 off games wow sounds like a hell of a deal to me. PS+ shows fanboys like you will buy anything sony releases.

You are making a number of assumptions and what isn't an assumption is nothing more than an opinion. The first month hasn't even passed, yet you are already saying that they won't provide any games or content that would be worth the 12-15 months subscription. How about you wait a couple of months to see how Sony handles PSN+ before you start throwing your opinions around like some sort of fact.

Why would they give you something for free that you are would pay $15 your being overly optimistic if you think they will release anything worth a damn

All I'm saying is to give it some time before you start writing it off as some sort of scam or Sony smartly fleecing its fanbase. If Sony fail to make the service worthwhile to the average consumer within the first year, then fine but the way you act, I would swear you have some sort of inside information.

Photobucket
Message 53 of 107 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Jul 5, 2010

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I DON'T REGRET IT!!!!! and if ya don't pay you can still play online unlike other networks.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPicProud owner= Sony PS3 60/500 slim
Motorstorm-Heavenly sword-Drakes fortune-Darkness-Oblivion GOTY-R&C TOD-NFSPS-COD4-Assasins creed-Burnout Paradise and many more
Message 54 of 107 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3948 posts

Jul 5, 2010

i dont i already used discount, that saved me money to be able to buy avatar or something If i want and also gonna get free games. Im pretty happy and i also get that Plus sign on the side which is well worth $50 Smiley Tongue

SOAP sig ver 8
Message 55 of 107 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Jul 6, 2010

Xajen1 wrote:

I'm glad I didn't buy it. You don't really own the games since they'll disappear after subscription ends and I don't think they'll give us anything really worthwhile. I don't really buy much from PlayStation Store .. plus the avatars so far for PS+ are bad and one I actually like was only a regular premium avatar.

Yea I think its pretty lame how the "Free" games go away after the subscription is over. Also nice Avatar

ape escape. Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 56 of 107 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2902 posts

Jul 6, 2010

JLP_M wrote:

Xajen1 wrote:

I'm glad I didn't buy it. You don't really own the games since they'll disappear after subscription ends and I don't think they'll give us anything really worthwhile. I don't really buy much from PlayStation Store .. plus the avatars so far for PS+ are bad and one I actually like was only a regular premium avatar.

Yea I think its pretty lame how the "Free" games go away after the subscription is over. Also nice Avatar

I could wait and buy the 3 month thing a year from now and get every free game for however much the 3 month thing costs.

Message 57 of 107 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jul 6, 2010

lol he might type better than i do.

Message 58 of 107 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jul 6, 2010

just bought it tonight and as soon as i tried to download wipeout. they took it off the server or the server is having problems. called tech support to find the guy didnt know the difference between kb and mb and no knowledge of the ps store. i was told to call back tomorrow. hope i can get my money back as the games that are free arnt worth it. Kinda tired of defending playstation. i just got 4 of my friends to buy playstations but i wont be recomending playstation plus. So playstation if your hiring let me know i coulkd do alot better than the person i talked to tonight.

Message 59 of 107 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
612 posts

No you can't. You only get the free games that you were s...

Jul 6, 2010

Phantom11392 wrote:

JLP_M wrote:

Xajen1 wrote:

I could wait and buy the 3 month thing a year from now and get every free game for however much the 3 month thing costs.

No you can't. You only get the free games that you were subscibed for. So if you buy 3 months a year from now all you get is the games from those months. If you purchase a year and then wait a year and get another you will only have the games from year 1 and 3 not year 2.

Message 60 of 107 (6 Views)
0 Likes