I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Re: Seriously, do you regret purchasing PSN+?

Jul 9, 2010

Two weeks in, my answer - I do not regret purchasing the Plus service.  I am 2 weeks into a 64 week subscription.  What is that? Less than 4%?

I have picked up everything so far, even DLC for games I do not yet own because at some point in time, maybe those games will come up for "free" or heavily discounted.

Qore is a nice bonus, but not a make or break item for me.  I was an original Qore subscriber, but let my subscription expire because I did not think I got value for my $25.  As part of Plus, Qore episodes will provide me with some extra value.

Two minis, one PSOne title, and WipeOut HD - all games I did not own.  After looking at the discounted games, I decided to pick up Magic Orbz. Probably not a great game, but a decent value so far.  The "free" DLC along with the discounted base game were decision factors in picking up this title.  Too me that is useful.  Cynics of Plus will point out that I paid $50 just to save $2 (or whatever the discount was for Magic Orbz), and you could make the argument that they are right.  Then again, as I mentioned, in the first two weeks I picked up some items that I did not own.

As others have said throughout this thread, Plus is probably better suited for gamers that are heavy PSN users or gamers that are looking for specific features (beta invites, 60 minute try before you buy games, etc).

So no regrets.

Message 101 of 107 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jul 9, 2010

Honestly right now i do because i bought the one year package and then i went to play codmw2 online and my friend told me it makes your connection worse. but for the free stuff and downloads i'll say its decent(for its first month).

Message 102 of 107 (81 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1037 posts

Jul 9, 2010

SkyShadowNinja91 wrote:

Honestly right now i do because i bought the one year package and then i went to play codmw2 online and my friend told me it makes your connection worse. but for the free stuff and downloads i'll say its decent(for its first month).

It's completely not possible for Playstation Plus to affect the Call of Duty servers...Your friend was ill informed.

Boycotting Corrupt Moderators
PSPgo Signature
Message 103 of 107 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jul 9, 2010

Lol, you're right. Someone was jerkin' his chain. lol xD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 104 of 107 (81 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jul 9, 2010

I never really bought too many PSN items, so I've already gotten my money's worth in my first week of having PSN+...

I don't recall Sony promising the entire world with this new subscription service either...the sad thing here is, that, most of the people that were disappointed with the service knew EXACTLY what they were signing up for, yet they went on ahead and paid for it anyway...just to set themselves up for disappointment...these are the type of people you don't let do the grocery shopping...

I have a feeling that no matter WHAT Sony adds to the service, be it cross-game chat, party systems, dedicated servers (although I couldn't fathom WHY Sony would want to divide their online community like this), etc., these very same people will always find SOMETHING to complain about...

The End

Message 105 of 107 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Jul 10, 2010
Playstation Plus is cool. I have no regrets. Downloading these game trials and Qore just take forever though. -_- I love the free theme they game us.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 106 of 107 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jul 10, 2010

I dont regret it.

See I made my decision in a totally different way, i knew that i would be low on money for the rest of the year since im staring college. Now since i have ps+ i can look forward to a free game every month and not have to save money i dont have to play something new. Plus i get 3 extra months, which buys me time to gather up money for another year. 

The way i see it, 1 free game a month is worth $50 a year... and i have a very wide range of games i like playing, Then theres the extra perks that Sony will add as this whole thing evolves.

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/clean4/ps3/JCat007x.png
Message 107 of 107 (81 Views)
0 Likes