Splicer
87 posts

Re: Seriously, do you regret purchasing PSN+?

Jul 8, 2010

I dont regret purchasing it. PSNPlus is only 2 weeks old. For your $50 subscription fee, most gamers are already getting their money's worth just with the FREE QORE monthly program  ($25 Value) and the incredible WipeOut HD game ($19.99 Value).  The 2 Free Mini games (Fieldrunners and Age of Zombies) were great additions to my PSP ($12.00 Value) and the 3 Free MAG avatars was a nice touch ($1.50 Value). The 50% discount on Super Stardust HD and both its Add On Packs is a great bundle pack style value for anyone who hasnt already played this great PSN title and finally the "Automatic Download" is a great and convenient function.

For all those making comparisons, PSNPlus is not trying to be like XBL. I was recently a 1 year XBL subscriber and not once was i offered free games or discounts for being a loyal 1 year $50 subscriber. (NOTE: i just recently cancelled it). And for all those complaining about the PSNPlus being a  "rental service", lets be honest, with so many great games constantly being released, who still plays all of their games a year later? Your telling me 13 months isnt enough time to play, complete and enjoy a game? People need to relax and appreciate what SONY is trying to create here with this new service.

Message 91 of 107 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 8, 2010

Nice, my last post was deleted. I think I hit a nerve. Well what I wanted from PS+ was features and discounts on good games. Announce the Netflix app and make it PSN Plus only. Screw people that don’t want PS Plus. Just start announcing features for PSN Plus users.

They should also put some good games out on discount. Maybe next week have Puzzle Quest 2 come out then bundle it with Puzzle Quest 1+DLC for $20 or $15. I would buy that except I already have all that on my Xbox. Maybe do a Flower and Flow bundle for nice and cheap. Pack Fat Princess with DLC for $10. Maybe discount popular DLC packs for Sony games.

Where are those demos? I can get 60 minute trial of inFamous 2 but isn't there already a demo for that game. Why do so few games have demos? Is that Sony or the developers?

Let’s hope this doesn’t get deleted too.

Message 92 of 107 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Jul 8, 2010

Cabooose967 wrote:

Nice, my last post was deleted. I think I hit a nerve. Well what I wanted from PS+ was features and discounts on good games. Announce the Netflix app and make it PSN Plus only. Screw people that don’t want PS Plus. Just start announcing features for PSN Plus users.

They should also put some good games out on discount. Maybe next week have Puzzle Quest 2 come out then bundle it with Puzzle Quest 1+DLC for $20 or $15. I would buy that except I already have all that on my Xbox. Maybe do a Flower and Flow bundle for nice and cheap. Pack Fat Princess with DLC for $10. Maybe discount popular DLC packs for Sony games.

Where are those demos? I can get 60 minute trial of inFamous 2 but isn't there already a demo for that game. Why do so few games have demos? Is that Sony or the developers?

Let’s hope this doesn’t get deleted too.

Abandoning free psn isn't the best option for sony (may still be free but not releasing new features free people can't use will be a bad move on sony's part) but psn+ only features are fine, as long as free psn gets essentials. (microsoft is doing this on xbox, where next to every single new feature added is gold only and silver members don't get any features or services when they are added( no netflix, no facebook,and other stuff like that))

But if they do start releasing pack deals, they should also discount them seperately for people who already own parts of the pack.

It is a trial of the actual game and any progress made in the trial time will transfer over to the game if you buy it, and once you get the full game any trophies you would have gotten will be unlocked. (demos are only a small part of the game and anything you do in the demo stays i nthe demo) And trials ARE the full game, just timed, so if you are super fast at the game you can potentonaly beat it in the time they give.( some may be impossible but i'm giving that as an example)

Message 93 of 107 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jul 8, 2010

No.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 94 of 107 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Jul 8, 2010

zAnxiety wrote:

No.

And you are saying no to whom?

Message 95 of 107 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1037 posts

Jul 8, 2010

Finaldeath1689 wrote:

zAnxiety wrote:

No.

I believe he's responding to the question posed in the original post

Boycotting Corrupt Moderators
PSPgo Signature
Message 96 of 107 (1 View)
Wastelander
710 posts

Jul 8, 2010

toasty_hoodie wrote:

Finaldeath1689 wrote:

zAnxiety wrote:

No.

Lol ,ya i realized that as soon as i posted it and was too lazy to edit it lol.

Message 97 of 107 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jul 9, 2010

toasty_hoodie wrote:

Finaldeath1689 wrote:

zAnxiety wrote:

No.

Indeed I am.

I was too lazy to read through all 10 pages.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 98 of 107 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jul 9, 2010

I don't regret purchasing PS+ at all. I got a 3 month sub and have almost gotten my money back just in the first month. I can see how some people would/do not like the service but for me it's excellent! I can't wait to see what next month offers.

Message 99 of 107 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3517 posts

Jul 9, 2010

i never purchased many PSN games - so getting "freebies" (if only for my subscript) is nice and gives me some fun during the week aside from my usual bouts of gaming.

On the downside - only 2 of my friends have PLUS, as well.

It's a sizable friends list and I feel like a mutant for having it

Message 100 of 107 (1 View)
0 Likes