Jul 03 2010
By: ninealiases Lombax Warrior 175 posts

Seriously, do you regret purchasing PSN+?

106 replies 40 views Edited Jul 3, 2010

I'm starting to honestly.  With all the "extra features" that's been touted around, it feels exactly the same as the existing PSN.  I actually thought there would be a lot more content at launch, but given it's infancy, I'm giving it the benifit of the doubt.  

Regardless, It will be some time before I renew after my three month subscription expires.

What are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 107 (40 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Re: Seriously, do you regret purchasing PSN+?

Jul 3, 2010

I think it's completely too early to actually "regret".  First of all, we don't even know exactly how the "extras" will work month to month...  I mean, can you join and any time and enjoy the freebies and discounts of past?  I'd be willing to bet though, as long as the discounts and what not are for good games, and you have the money to reap the benefits of the discounts from month to month, it'll be worth while over time.

I'm not a subscriber yet, but I plan to eventually.  I just want to see at least a second month of "content".

Message 2 of 107 (40 Views)
Sackboy
601 posts

Jul 3, 2010

I have yet to subscribe, but when I do it will probably be for the 3 months  just to try it out. Mainly Im waiting to see how the

next months features are going to be. Just hope that Wipeout Hd and the other goodies will still be available.

Message 3 of 107 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jul 3, 2010

I am really looking forward to the 12th (or 15th) month of content to see what sony gives out to encourage people to resubscribe before all the games expire.

Message 4 of 107 (40 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Jul 3, 2010

I'm glad I didn't buy it. You don't really own the games since they'll disappear after subscription ends and I don't think they'll give us anything really worthwhile. I don't really buy much from PlayStation Store .. plus the avatars so far for PS+ are bad and one I actually like was only a regular premium avatar.

Message 5 of 107 (40 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Jul 3, 2010

Xajen1 wrote:

I'm glad I didn't buy it. You don't really own the games since they'll disappear after subscription ends and I don't think they'll give us anything really worthwhile. I don't really buy much from PlayStation Store .. plus the avatars so far for PS+ are bad and one I actually like was only a regular premium avatar.

The "Free" content (or maybe just games) goes away if/when your subscription expires (and you don't renew), but any games you purchase at a discount will remain yours as far as I've read.  So PSN+ could just be viewed as a digital version of a club card or something...  IF the games/content that gets discounted are worth paying for (which is of course going to be different from person to person).

So far in the first month I saw two games I myself would have bought (Mortal Kombat II & Gauntlet) and one add on content (Fat Princess: Fat Roles) I plan to get any way some day.  So for me personally, it could be worth while just for the discounts...

Message 6 of 107 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5700 posts

Jul 3, 2010

Perhaps it is a little early for one to be regreting it already, but I can see why you may think that. After all, what was offered may have looked good, but perhaps it isn't as good as it seems. Only time will tell if Plus is really worth it. At this point it feels to me as a gamble that you either are going to make or not.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 7 of 107 (40 Views)
Survivor
2902 posts

Jul 3, 2010

I really do not get the point of PS+ seems like a complete rip off

Message 8 of 107 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

Jul 3, 2010

I think it is for the best it does feel like the basic PSN.  Means there isnt anything overly changing and will stop that whole separation fear.

Message 9 of 107 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11734 posts

Jul 4, 2010

I've looked at PlayStation Plus, and I am glad that I haven't invested in it to start with. When buying into something, you're buying what you're getting. What PlayStation Plus gives you right now is a list of predetermined freebies and/or discounts (plus access to additional extra, such as betas). Looking over the free games, I have no desire to own them. Wipeout HD? Feh! Fat Princess avatars? I can do without 'em.

While I can imagine that some people would enjoy the games and services provided thus far, personally they don't interest me. Does that mean that PlayStation Plus is a total waste? Not necessarily. The content will be rearranged each month. With that, another enticing (or lackluster) grouping will be offered to subscribers. The best option is to hop on board when you actually want to catch a seat on this ongoing train ride. You just bought yourself an $18 ticket for part of the way or a $50 stub for the full duration. Enjoy the trip while it lasts.

Message 10 of 107 (40 Views)
0 Likes