Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Re: Seriously, do you regret purchasing PSN+?

Jul 6, 2010

It's neat so far.  The only thing I'm not interested in is the game rentals, but even that has its benefits, and it's been brushed with a fine-toothed comb by now.  I just hope they get real creative with PSN+ over time.  I could have sworn I read something about cloud computing, and I hope I'm not just continuing a rumor by mentioning it.  Something could be done with the TV episode pricing, for example. $1.99 per episode, really?  I could buy the DVDs of the shows I'm interested in for what that would add up to.

Marloo the Red
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 107 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
818 posts

Jul 6, 2010

Look 50 dollars a year is nothing.  That's like $4.17 a month. You can't even get a sub sandwhich for that.  One time charge and you have a year of discounts that will add up to way more than you spent.  You also get 12 months of access to a whole slew of games for no additional charge.  Most of which won't probably be missed if you don't renew if you'd just play them when they're released.  Don't forget the one hour demos as well.  Time will tell if it'll just be Sony titles on the service or if third parties will get involved, but w/e.  It's not a bad deal unless you have every single PS3 or PSN title that Sony has released, even then you still get discounts on third party games.  I bought MK2 (great port!!!) and Rampage for half price each.  I'm happy with my purchase.

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 107 (9 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
143 posts

Jul 6, 2010

Ill let you know in a year

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 107 (9 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5258 posts

Jul 6, 2010
I love it so far.

Proud PS+ Subscriber =)

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 107 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Jul 6, 2010

You guys maybe find this article interesting:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1102752p1.html

With that being posted, I bought PS+ honestly because of my hatred for XBOX360. I also am very happy with all of my Sony products and support.

I totally understand everyone's arguments but the one thing I completely disagree with is the term: Worthless. The service is not worthless. It is in its beginning stages. I have a free mini game for my PSP and a free PS1 game. That has to be WORTH something, right?

It is true that the launch of this service is lackluster but Sony and Nintendo offer something that Microsoft has never offered. INNOVATION. PS gave us Home and online gaming for free. So the verdict and answer to this question would have to be that, "No. It is too early to regret anything yet."

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 107 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 6, 2010

I'm getting tired of you phantom, I think your are an xbox fanboy in disguise who is trying to make psn+ look bad. You are trying to pass your own opinions as facts and it seems like you want psn+ to fail. You don't care what others arguments are even though they are a lot more reasonable than yours and you love xbox live so much that you defend its $50 price over psn+. Clearly you are not looking at the value that psn+ offers which makes your opinion completely worthless to me and others.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 107 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Jul 6, 2010

I'm getting tired of you phantom, I think your are an xbox fanboy in disguise who is trying to make psn+ look bad. You are trying to pass your own opinions as facts and it seems like you want psn+ to fail. You don't care what others arguments are even though they are a lot more reasonable than yours and you love xbox live so much that you defend its $50 price over psn+. Clearly you are not looking at the value that psn+ offers which makes your opinion completely worthless to me and others.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry anmunor. That xbox will be a paper weight after the next call of duty series and GoW3. he is just jealous that his system cant do 3D or see beyond DVD.

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 107 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Jul 6, 2010
It's another effort to get in our pockets.lol
 photo SIG_zps288a0f66.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 107 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2902 posts

Jul 6, 2010

anmunor wrote:

Ok please explain the value of PS+ to me becuase from what I see its a worthless piece of crap used to get fanboys like you to waste $50

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 107 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2902 posts

Jul 6, 2010

SweatyStallion wrote:

Don't worry anmunor. That xbox will be a paper weight after the next call of duty series and GoW3. he is just jealous that his system cant do 3D or see beyond DVD.

I dont own a xbox or plan on getting one anytime soon but that doesnt change the fact PS+ is garbage.

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 107 (9 Views)
0 Likes