Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 23 2009
By: Hungry_Xenomorph Uncharted Territory 1908 posts

Seriously Playstation? Avatars.

13 replies 140 views Edited Nov 23, 2009

We've had the same, boring old PSN avatars for what seems like forever. We even got a firmware that enables more to be added and yet, got nothing. What gives? It really bites when I my choice of avatar is various fruit, random objects, and various shapes. Give us more avatars! I know your working on cross game chat, but how hard is implementing a slew of avatars for us? Those can't be hard to make, especially when one of the objects is a big orange.

Give us updated ones. New Killzone avatars, new Uncharted avatars. Or something new and interesting! But please, please, give us something new. I'm tired of seeing the same bland avatars on my friends list. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (140 Views)
First Son
28 posts

Re: Seriously Playstation? Avatars.

Nov 23, 2009
There are either (or both) two things that should happen;

1. Every developer should have unlockable avatars (pretty much xb360 style, don't fix what ain't broken) / or should include 10+ avatars with their game (part of the god damned install process?!  :smileytongue: )

and / or

2. Simply allow users to assign their own display pictures -_-
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

Nov 23, 2009
I know, i am literally dying for them already.  This one guy even vowed to comment on every blog post asking when they are coming.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (140 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8171 posts

Nov 23, 2009

Yeah after the 3.0 FW update I really thought we would start seeing regular releases of avatars on the PSN Store from developers. So far we haven't had a single new avatar added... Seems kind of strange considering almost every game release on the other system gets gamerpics a.k.a. avatars. 

Seems like a developer could crank out a few avatars price a pack at $.99 and make some easy money. PS3 owners are so avatar-starved (LOL) that the first few dev's would surely make enough money to make it worth their while.  

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
402 posts

Nov 23, 2009
I think Sony is saving them for this new premium service they are going to reveal sometime next year.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Nov 23, 2009

LpSquall wrote:
I think Sony is saving them for this new premium service they are going to reveal sometime next year.

That would totally suck, but i cant think of anything that the premium service would offer. Unless im missing something...But i agree im tired of these old avatars, im surprised u cant just upload your own photo ( like facebook or something).

on a side note has anyone else had the following problem...i downloaded the new firmware update and i saw that facebook ap or w/e and now whenever i turn on my ps3 i cant find it anywhere... idk if its deleted or what.... but i never got a chance to see what it does,

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - emu2001
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Nov 23, 2009
go into account settings or something you gotta hit triangle to open it up and you will see the little F it just asked what you want your ps3 to automatically post on your facebook account.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Nov 23, 2009
Seriously, I want to be able to put up a Jpg photo, like I can on EVERY OTHER FORUM ON THE INTERNET. What does PSN have to differentiate it from XBL, besides free accounts, NOTHING. I want to be able to put up a sig, for instance, (oh, I don't know, say like) THE ONE BELOW THIS COMMENT. pfft...
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Nov 25, 2009
Does Sony ever respond to these kinds of requests?  Survey says...
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 25, 2009

emu2001 wrote:

LpSquall wrote:

That would totally suck, but i cant think of anything that the premium service would offer. Unless im missing something...But i agree im tired of these old avatars, im surprised u cant just upload your own photo ( like facebook or something).

on a side note has anyone else had the following problem...i downloaded the new firmware update and i saw that facebook ap or w/e and now whenever i turn on my ps3 i cant find it anywhere... idk if its deleted or what.... but i never got a chance to see what it does,

you have to have facebook in the first place for trhis to work

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (140 Views)
0 Likes