Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 06 2012
By: SpeeDer505 First Son 4 posts

Selling Old Memories for New Ones.

[ Edited ]
2 replies 149 views Edited Oct 10, 2012

So we maybe all have had that special console when we grew up.  Yeah? Well think if that special console had to be gone to make that extra cash.  That is what happened with me,  Growing up with PS1 playing Crash, Spyro, Tony Hawk, Rayman was very fun I remember lots of them.  I remember playing Crash and getting scared from the big huge polar bear! (I was around the age of 4 or 5)

The last time I played the PS1 was when it broke.  It had a long life-time before it died out.  I was very sad but when the PS2 was announce my dad got it for me around the time it came out!  I was very pleased and thanked him a bunch!  Playing the new crash with the analog sticks surprised me.  I was very lucky to get one of these systems, it was one of the most loved console of mine. 

I had some great games on it like Crash and Spyro, Sly Cooper of course and the Guitar Heroes.  I enjoyed playing that for awhile.  After awhile seeing the PS3 I wanted that so much now I was around the age of 12 (having a Wii) I was so astounded about the graphics and I know graphics don't make up a game but it just looked amazing!!!!  I had to show my parents zombies on Call of Duty: World at War and how fun it was!  

A few days later my mom and I spoke about getting to sell the PS2, She would put in the newspaper and she put it up for about $180 with all my games about 45-50 games.  I was at school and my mom said someone bought the games and the system.  At first I was a bit excited but after that worn down I was sad,  I thought I would never been able to play all the classics that I never got to dream to live in like Ratchet and Clank . Little did I know I would.

Maybe a week or two I got the PS3 I was so happy I went and got Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Littlebigplanet, Madden 11, and Killzone 2 which I never knew what it was back then and I got it!  I thanked my dad so much!  We all put a team effort to get my PS3.  I will never forget that.

Now I've made many friends and youtube buddies!  One of my friends on PS3 has almost 40,000 subs!  Getting this PS3 changed my life so much, I wouldn't even know that I would get so many friends online and across the world!  I won't ever go a day without atleast turning it on and no one will stop me from doing so.

I still look to the day of having my PS2 and playing it but without the PS3 my life would be boring and no creative energy would be in me.  Thank you Sony for doing a lot of things for fans and making HD collections and bundles that people missed out on and thanks for listening to the community also!

Message 1 of 3 (149 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Re: Selling Old Memories for New Ones.

Oct 6, 2012

great story i'm impressed. If you wanna see my story search in cheshire_smile post with my name of the post named Playstation Tricked Or Treats. I'll give you kudo point for a job well done.

Message 2 of 3 (139 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Selling Old Memories for New Ones.

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

I saw your's before I wrote mine I was impressed also. :smileyhappy: your story got me into the spirit of Halloween ahaha I might dress up as Slenderman or something!!! :smileytongue:

Message 3 of 3 (135 Views)
0 Likes