Dec 19 2012
By: PapaWarlock Last Guardian 11299 posts

Sea Guardian Persona 4 Golden.

[ Edited ]
6 replies 3091 views Edited Dec 19, 2012

HAHAH! Got it! Found a very easy solution. I had the right idea but was doing it slightly wrong.

When you are trying to reel it in, only hold the O button while it's in the blue. Maybe 2 seconds at best. As you are holding the O button for reeling, that blue bar quickly gets smaller. Once you release the O, wait for the blue bar to fully recharge. It took me less than a minute to do it once I got the hang of it.

Wooohooo!

Message 1 of 7 (3,091 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Re: Sea Guardian Persona 4 Golden.

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

HAHAH! Got it! Found a very easy solution. I had the right idea but was doing it slightly wrong.

When you are trying to reel it in, only hold the O button while it's in the blue. Maybe 2 seconds at best. As you are holding the O button for reeling, that blue bar quickly gets smaller. Once you release the O, wait for the blue bar to fully recharge. It took me less than a minute to do it once I got the hang of it.

Wooohooo!

Congrats! I can't even find it in my game. I read a guide that says you must use Genji beetles to be able to catch it. I go to the fishing spot whenever I have 5 (the maximum number of times I can fish) Genji beetles and I reel in the fish every time but it is never the sea guardian. Any tips? Can you only catch it on a certain day or something?

Message 2 of 7 (3,061 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Ming_Dragon wrote:

Congrats! I can't even find it in my game. I read a guide that says you must use Genji beetles to be able to catch it. I go to the fishing spot whenever I have 5 (the maximum number of times I can fish) Genji beetles and I reel in the fish every time but it is never the sea guardian. Any tips? Can you only catch it on a certain day or something?

You first have to catch the River Guardian before you can fish up the Sea Guardian. I believe (but not 100% positive) that you can only catch it on rainy days.

Message 3 of 7 (3,053 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

Ming_Dragon wrote:

You first have to catch the River Guardian before you can fish up the Sea Guardian. I believe (but not 100% positive) that you can only catch it on rainy days.

Yes, I caught the river guardian already. Oh and that sucks if you only can catch it on rainy days. I'm at Winter in the game right now on my 2nd playthrough, so there are no more rainy days left in the game. DX

Message 4 of 7 (3,051 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Ming_Dragon wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

Ming_Dragon wrote:

Yes, I caught the river guardian already. Oh and that sucks if you only can catch it on rainy days. I'm at Winter in the game right now on my 2nd playthrough, so there are no more rainy days left in the game. DX

Try going on a Snow Day. I am only just starting November on my first play so I don't know much about anything past this point. After a brief search it seems that it is possible to catch it on a snowy day but don't quote me on that.

Message 5 of 7 (3,039 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Dec 20, 2012

• Ming_Dragon wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

Wooohooo!

It must be Raining or Snowing
    And when you go to catch it you only need 1 beetle.
    What you do is on a rainy/snowy day you cast the hook and if the splashing animation is signifigantly larger than normal that means the guardian is on the hook if it is just a regular bob then its a normal fish if its just a regular fish reel the bait back in and recast. You can do this infinetly until the guardian is on the other end of the line.

Message 6 of 7 (3,025 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Just starting my second play through, so I'm going to have to try for him this time around

Message 7 of 7 (3,021 Views)
0 Likes