MVP Support
9600 posts

Re: Scratched PSN card too hard!!

Jan 20, 2012

ChroniclyCrunk69 wrote:

So i bought a card on the 19th not knowing that PSN was down....FAIL.... but anyways right after the PSN came back up i was all eager to put in my code for $20, but i keep getting the same message as every1 else. I bought the card at a 7/11 so i didnt keep the receipt...crap

You should always keep the receipts for pre paid cards until you activate them.

Message 11 of 18 (1,521 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 20, 2012

What if you got the card for your b-day and the store was unknown? As in, was bought in a different state?

Message 12 of 18 (1,512 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 13, 2013
I bought a psn card for 20$ and when I got home I scratched alittle hard and now I can't seem to read one or to letters and I don't have my receipt and I paid cash for this...... A I want to do is add this to my wallet!!! And buy some stuff please help
Message 13 of 18 (1,414 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2547 posts

Apr 13, 2013

skratchbawx5150 wrote:
I bought a psn card for 20$ and when I got home I scratched alittle hard and now I can't seem to read one or to letters and I don't have my receipt and I paid cash for this...... A I want to do is add this to my wallet!!! And buy some stuff please help

As Brit said to another person try guessing. But there's a cooldown time if you enter too many incorrect codes.

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 14 of 18 (1,404 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55190 posts

Apr 14, 2013

MLBGEEK wrote:

I got really excited getting a 50 dollar psn card. But I accidental scratched it a bit too hard and now the numbers are smeared. I was wondering if I call Sony would they help me get my number. Cause technically I still haven't redeemed the code and they might ask for the bar code number to tell me the code to redeem for PSN store. With that said that means my card is still available to use. So my question is, could Sony still help me get the code?

Get your receipt/proof of purchase and your card ready then use the info here to contact support and see if they can help http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

Message 15 of 18 (1,387 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013

Hopefully they can help you. Had this happen to me once. (Once.)

The 7-11 I bought it at said there was nothing they could do. I contacted support, e-mailed a picture of the receipt along with the picture of my PSN card.

Never heard from them...

I tried contacting them again a few days later and didn't get a reply, other than a survey on how satisfied I was with my customer service.

I believe somewhere on the card it even says they do not replace stolen/lost cards. Maybe damaged is pretty much considered "lost."

I was upset at myself, more than anything. At least it was only $20.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 16 of 18 (1,377 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Apr 14, 2013

skratchbawx5150 wrote:

It would help if you read the first page.... it contains everything you need to know to solve your problem.

But this would probably fall on blind eyes/deaf ears because like most people who only make one post and its about a problem they're, they never come back

Furiously Chaosing
Message 17 of 18 (1,369 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
532 posts

Apr 14, 2013
This happened to me. Get a piece of paper and a pencil. Put the paper over the scratched off numbers and lightly color the paper until the numbers appear. It sounds like something from CSI, but it worked for me.
Message 18 of 18 (1,352 Views)
0 Likes