Mar 14 2013
By: ZenTripleFour Lombax Warrior 117 posts

Scott Pilgrim Spam in my Inbox

7 replies 127 views Edited Mar 14, 2013

I get a message in my inbox with a paperclip. I figure I had gotten something from Ubisoft for free like how I got $10 from SONY.

Turns out it was just spam from Ubisoft.

SONY should not allow this.

Message 1 of 8 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Re: Scott Pilgrim Spam in my Inbox

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

I think it's kind of like a "recommendation" thing. And it's probably only sent to members who downloaded "Scott Pilgrim" or the demo, or something related. I'm only assuming this, because I've gotten messages like this for other add-ons, and it's only been for games actually have played / downloaded. Nothing out of the blue.

I too got the message for the "Scott Pilgrim" add-on content, and I downloaded the game a few months back.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 8 (121 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 14, 2013

When you signed up for your PSN ID there was a box that stated ( so to speak), Sony and Sony's partners would send you, I don't know, promotion stuff, and for you to have gotten that in your mail means that you checked, or didn't uncheck the box. so there you have it. Hence, the responsibility was yours, Sony gave you the option, and you took it.

Message 3 of 8 (120 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

Asphaltum wrote:

When you signed up for your PSN ID there was a box that stated ( so to speak), Sony and Sony's partners would send you, I don't know, promotion stuff, and for you to have gotten that in your mail means that you checked, or didn't uncheck the box. so there you have it. Hence, the responsibility was yours, Sony gave you the option, and you took it.

I didn't tick the box about being sent spam in my PSN box. So I shouldn't have gotten this.

Message 4 of 8 (109 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 14, 2013

That is the only way you would have gotten it. You probably don't remember, but i recently made a new account and the option was there, so like i said it is your responsibility to read the fine print.

Message 5 of 8 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

Asphaltum wrote:

That is the only way you would have gotten it. You probably don't remember, but i recently made a new account and the option was there, so like i said it is your responsibility to read the fine print.

I didn't tick the box.

Message 6 of 8 (103 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Alright whatever. They can only send you stuff if you agree to the terms. But if you want to think that Ubisoft is sending you stuff out of the blue, then fine believe it.

Message 7 of 8 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Mar 14, 2013

If you've downloaded the demo or bought the game, thats how/why you got the message.

this is no more spam than it is a promotional thing, and the opt-out option for promotion/spam is only for your EMAIL.

I think you're making too big a deal out of this.... all you have to do is just delete it.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 8 (81 Views)