Jul 22 2012
By: xElfenLied_US Wastelander 673 posts
Accepted Solution

Scam? I can'f find where to post this...

15 replies 497 views Edited Jul 22, 2012

This forum is really unusable. I can't read anything, so a moderator can just move this, that's what they're paid for. Anyways...

I have received a message from "[PSN]" and I'm wondering if it's fraudulent or not. There was a link in the message where the picture attachment would be, and it links to the PSN store, and I clicked it by accident, so if it's a hacker or something, I'm probably fudged now.

The message said  -
Subject: PSN Wallet Balance

It has been a long time since you used the funds in your PSN Wallet! You possibly haven't used your wallet in the past 6 months.
Your balance might only have a small amount remaining ($4.99 or less as of June 29, 2012), but it's perfect for picking up PS3™ Minis! Use your remaining PSN Wallet balance to play an incredibly attractive, entertaining Mini game today! Check out this great selection:"

And then the attachment at the bottom reads "Minis for PS3™/PSP®/PS Vita A-Z"

Has anyone else received this message before? I haven't logged into my account for a while and it's dated 6th July 2012@ 6.11pm GMT.

Message 1 of 16 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Scam? I can'f find where to post this...

Jul 22, 2012

Don't worry about it. I've gotten those on my alternate accounts where I don't spend money often and have a balance. It's legit. 

Message 2 of 16 (490 Views)
Wastelander
673 posts

Jul 22, 2012
Ah OK, thanks.

I don't think it's very good of them to send messages via PSN, because otherwise people won't know to tell the difference between the real and fake messages.
Message 3 of 16 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jul 22, 2012

They are just trying to get you to spend money. It is good to be careful about psn emails. 

Message 4 of 16 (476 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28365 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

They are also reminding you that you do have funds in your wallet that you may have forgotten about. And some people do.

Forum Help

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 5 of 16 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

I could have sworn there was another thread about this awhile back and it was stated that Sony would never send an-email regarding what is in your PSN wallet. I would be careful with that. I'm not trying to cause alarm--maybe it is legit, but I still wouldn't click on any link that has a prompt for me to provide my PSN login details (if it did in this case).

People can check how much money they have easily enough on their own I would think.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 6 of 16 (388 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1048 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

HOPPER_34 wrote:

I could have sworn there was another thread about this awhile back and it was stated that Sony would never send an-email regarding what is in your PSN wallet. I would be careful with that.

They advertise specific games through the PMs, so I wouldn't be surpized. You can tell if an PM is official if it has that special symbol. I forgot what the symbol was, but it's there.

Message 7 of 16 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
817 posts

Jul 22, 2012

HOPPER_34 wrote:

I could have sworn there was another thread about this awhile back and it was stated that Sony would never send an-email regarding what is in your PSN wallet. I would be careful with that. I'm not trying to cause alarm--maybe it is legit, but I still wouldn't click on any link that has a prompt for me to provide my PSN login details (if it did in this case).

People can check how much money they have easily enough on their own I would think.

If the ID is PSN with the PSN symbol for the avatar and you can't reply to the message, then it's Sony.

Message 8 of 16 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

nevermind..

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 9 of 16 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Jul 22, 2012

But it's not an E-mail, it's a PSN message xD

Here is what I mean for anyone who's never seen it before.

Sorry for the shakey picture, I have shakey hands Smiley Sad

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Message 10 of 16 (307 Views)
0 Likes