Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 21 2012
By: Tacticalsnake83 First Son 6 posts

Saved Data transfer help

5 replies 67 views Edited Jul 21, 2012

My dad recently got PlayStation Plus and tried to get a saved file from Demon's Souls over from my brothers ps3 to our ps3 but has had some trouble actually getting the data. He got it 2 days ago but is having trouble actually being able to use the saved data that was transferred to the online storage. My dad is getting a bit frustrated with how he has to wait a whole day just to get the data. He tried to see if he could use the data today but wasn't able to use it and had to start a new game on Demon's Souls and has to wait another day to see if he could transfer the data again. Can someone explain on how the online storage works and how to use it without any problems.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Re: Saved Data transfer help

Jul 21, 2012

Tacticalsnake83 wrote:

My dad recently got PlayStation Plus and tried to get a saved file from Demon's Souls over from my brothers ps3 to our ps3 but has had some trouble actually getting the data. He got it 2 days ago but is having trouble actually being able to use the saved data that was transferred to the online storage. My dad is getting a bit frustrated with how he has to wait a whole day just to get the data. He tried to see if he could use the data today but wasn't able to use it and had to start a new game on Demon's Souls and has to wait another day to see if he could transfer the data again. Can someone explain on how the online storage works and how to use it without any problems.

ok--- lets be clear on a few things--- when you do this-- it has to be under the same psn name. which im sure you were doing. but also this data will only work with the original psn account name. so if you have more then 1 account on your system--make sure your trying the one the save came from. are you doing this or not?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (63 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 21, 2012
Yea, its the same psn name and everything, its just that we dont know how to work it. Is there a simpler way of understanding how to use it. My dad is annoyed that he constantly has to wait a day just to even try something and if we try something and it doesnt work we have to wait a whole day just to try again. Is there an easy way to understand how this works?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jul 21, 2012

ok well looks like your doing everything correct---- 

you have to go to save data utility--hit triangle then copy-- this should copy your save over

i dont own the same game as you- but most games have more then 1 save file-- most have settings saved, progress saved and so on-- i would make sure you are copying all from the game

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (54 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 22, 2012
Well...my dad made a new saved file for the game, waited a day, and tried getting the file and it still didnt work....are we doing something wrong? What is it that we need to know about Plus to make it work since my dad is regretting getting plus and prob going to find it a waste of money getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jul 22, 2012

what exactly is he doing???can you sanp a pic of the file and info hes transferring?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (41 Views)
0 Likes