Highlighted
Jan 07 2012
By: plop690 First Son 12 posts

Save my un-synced Trophies :Sad:

4 replies 99 views Edited Jan 7, 2012

ok I have a question... It relates to a previous thread I started here. I have been getting these odd error on my ps3 ever since I started using it again to play games and use netflix... What I would love to know is if I do a Factory Reset on my Ps3, is the any way I can manually sync my trophies. I know it is a long shot, but I have gained 4 platinum trophies during the time I have been off the psn like God of war 3, Uncharted 2, AC Brotherhood (witch had a trophies error after the first time and had to get almost all besides the online ones again (have not been online to get again)) and inFamous.

Message 1 of 5 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Re: Save my un-synced Trophies :Sad:

Jan 7, 2012

If you are able to sign into PSN and sync your trophies that you earned then you can easily do a factory reset, but at the same time any kind of game saves that you haven't backed up might be gone including stats. If you have any kind of USB flash drive try backing up as many saves as you can for those that are copy protected then I doubt you will be able to save them to a flash drive. It's always a good idea to when you earn trophies to sync them to your PSN account.

When my old PS3 was about to die I synced my trophies and made sure I deactivated my PSN account before turning off the system. When I signed up and activated my new PS3 account I just went to my name and clicked on it, it slowly synced the trophies took about 3 to 5 minutes due to having so many trophies and games. But it synced my trophies to the new system cause I suppose when you sync them on the older PS3 they are on the server so when you go to a different PS3 and you sync it downloads that sync information from the server and puts it on the new PS3.

Message 2 of 5 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 7, 2012

Thanks for your reply. I am not able to signin to my psn account at all on my ps3 with out getting the error 80710A06. So unfortunately it is not as easy for me to select sync trophies option and wanted to know if there is any way to back them up or back them up any other way.

Message 3 of 5 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jan 7, 2012

plop690 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I am not able to signin to my psn account at all on my ps3 with out getting the error 80710A06. So unfortunately it is not as easy for me to select sync trophies option and wanted to know if there is any way to back them up or back them up any other way.

No, if you don't sync (upload them) to the PSN server they will disappear if you wipe your HDD.

Message 4 of 5 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 8, 2012

thanks. thats a little sad to hear. wait.... that means i will also lose some of my game saves. -.-

Message 5 of 5 (99 Views)
0 Likes