Jul 29 2014
By: dulun18 Limit Breaker 22581 posts
  • Find more conversations like this:
  • Other

Samurai Warriors series.. PlayStation exclusive again

[ Edited ]
11 replies 136 views Edited Jul 30, 2014

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/23/samurai-warriors-4-special-anime-pack-coming-to-ps4-1021/

are you familiar with Dynasty Warriors series?

it all started with Dynasty Warriors on the PSone.. originallly it was a fighting game like soulcalibur .but then they changed it around with Dynasty Warriors 2 on the PS2..  one against hundreds battle type of games..  it worked!!  ..

and from then on endless sequels and spin offs of games using the same formula

Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Gundams, Warriors Orochi, Warriors legend of troy, etc.. even other developers are joining in...like Capcom and then sengoku barasa.. etc..

**pretty much any game bearing the name "WARRIORS" will be most likely was developed by OmegaForce and published by Koei  (now Koei-Tecmo)

not sure how many are out there.. but games with the same formula.. i think over 25-35 games by now.

for someone who never played this type of games before.. it's pretty fun Smiley Happy  try one or 2 games..

but you will start to get bored of it soon or later

since it's pretty much the same thing.. same stages.. just some new designs, new characters.. each game is like an expansion of the previous games

i played quite a few of these games back in the days.... Dynasty Warriors 2, 3, 4, 5.. Samurai Warriors..  all ps2..  i just didn't bother with it after that ..

These are FUN OFFLINE CO-OP games Smiley Happy  i spent a lot of hours playing it with my brother

give it a try Smiley Happy

with the exception of Fatal Frame series (nintendo owns the right to it now)..  third party games that left the PS3 to be the Wii exclusiv are now coming back   Smiley Happy  so that's a good thing Smiley Happy

Mod Edit: Move from Off Topic and add label. Click here for more info on labels, and here for our Rules of Conduct and Forum Guidelines

Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 12 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Re: Samurai Warriors series.. Playstation exclusive again

Jul 29, 2014

I have played Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires and I loved it so much that I did numerous playthroughs while enjoying the player creation suite. I hope that we can create characters in this game too.

Message 2 of 12 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22581 posts

Jul 30, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

I have played Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires and I loved it so much that I did numerous playthroughs while enjoying the player creation suite. I hope that we can create characters in this game too.

Extreme Legends or Empires are spin of the main game..

i left the dynasty warriors bandwagon after Dynasty Warriors 5..  but can you play with a friend still CO-OP OFFLINE or maybe online in one of the newer games?

i'm thinking of getting a 60 in tv.. so it will be nice.. at least we will have more viewing screen available when playing co-op Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1817 posts

Jul 30, 2014

Legends of Troy, while similar, doesn't quite play the same way as the others.

Of all of them, I like Warriors Orochi 3 the best; it's pretty much the last word in the series. 

Message 4 of 12 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Jul 30, 2014

dulun18 wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

i left the dynasty warriors bandwagon after Dynasty Warriors 5..  but can you play with a friend still CO-OP OFFLINE or maybe online in one of the newer games?

i'm thinking of getting a 60 in tv.. so it will be nice.. at least we will have more viewing screen available when playing co-op Smiley Happy

I didn't mind if it was a spin off or not. It was still fun.  Smiley Very Happy

There was online and offline co-op in mine. But you had to set up certain things for the offline co-op.

Message 5 of 12 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22581 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Spoiler

dulun18 wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

I didn't mind if it was a spin off or not. It was still fun.  Smiley Very Happy

There was online and offline co-op in mine. But you had to set up certain things for the offline co-op.

is it your first dynasty warriors game?

i love the game at first... but later. after 2-5, plus samurai warriors..

with every new game you have to stat from level 1 again.. so have to start gathering sword or shield to boost up the the stats..

*newer dynansty warriors games might be different but that's pretty much for the one on the ps2

Hermaeus_Moron wrote:

Legends of Troy, while similar, doesn't quite play the same way as the others.

Of all of them, I like Warriors Orochi 3 the best; it's pretty much the last word in the series. 

True.. i saw a gameplay video of Legends of troy.. it's actually not as fun as dynasty warriors.

OH!!    there's a dynasty warriors STRIKEFORCE isn't it.. the psp then ported to the ps2 later..

Message 6 of 12 (92 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Jul 30, 2014
As an old Romance of the Three Kingdoms fan, I got nothing but hate for Dynasty Warriors games ,even if I play them as time wasters.
I'm **bleep** Koei has long abandoned the Romance series in favor of Dynasty Warriors series. I guess strategy games don't sell as well as hack n slash.

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Message 7 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2014
Ah crap, I guess they still make some RotK games, just haven't seen any since PS1.
Apparently they are not released in the US though. **bleep** it.

Message 8 of 12 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22581 posts

Jul 30, 2014

Fuzzy_Skinner wrote:
As an old Romance of the Three Kingdoms fan, I got nothing but hate for Dynasty Warriors games ,even if I play them as time wasters.
I'm **bleep** Koei has long abandoned the Romance series in favor of Dynasty Warriors series. I guess strategy games don't sell as well as hack n slash.

Smiley Surprised i forgot this game.. but it's not the same formula though.. as you stated it's a strategy board game of sort... i'm not a fan of strategy board game battle system (like those Strategy RPGs).

if you like Romance of the three kingdoms.. i heard there's an anime version availble

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10698

Message 9 of 12 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Jul 30, 2014
I don't watch anime.

Message 10 of 12 (64 Views)
0 Likes