1080p, 40", Samsung. Media remote.
TV specs: native resolution (e.g. 1080p, 1080i, 720p, SD), size, (make) optional. If you use component cables to connect your PS3 to your TV (as opposed to HDMI cable), specify SD for resolution. If your TV can accept a higher resolution signal (than native resolution) and downscale this to native resolution, specify higher resolution in brackets, e.g. 720p (1080i).
The Sony PS3 Media remote is an inexpensive universal remote which can operate most TV's (using IR interface) and supersedes the original Sony PS3 Blu-ray Disc (BD) remote.
The survey will hopefully be interesting in itself, but I'm conducting this survey to see whether Sony was possibly premature in requiring a minimum of 720p for the PS3 portal (home) page and to see whether full support for the remote (D-Pad keys) on the page would be welcome.
It was prompted after seeing yet another question on Yahoo! Answers by someone who was wondering why they were getting the "Low resolution" warning on the new portal page (they thought it was result of recent Firmware update, which it isn't).
- TV: Magnavox 42MF437B/37 42" - 480i to 1080p
- Cables: Component Cable (720p for HDPVR)
- Remote: Nothing!
Do you not also use HDMI cable for best possible picture / sound (when don't need to record)?
- TV: Sharp HDTV thingy ( cheapest they had in the shop )
- Cables: Component 1080p ( O yes it does and has done for years ) and 720p, HDMI 1080p, VGA 1080p
- Remote: DVD universal remote (TV, DVD, Hifi in one. IR remote from Panasonic free with the DVD-R ), and Version 1 BD remote.
- USB Keyboard and Mouse. (BD remote useless for Flash )
SCE allready has the system information from EU only 2% use less than 1080p.
SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to the free youtube storage