MVP Support
11374 posts

Re: SONY KEEP UP ON SUPPLYING ON DEMAND ON VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES!

May 24, 2013

dragon_frost wrote:

Well if you wanna turn a blind eye to sony's lack of suppying on demand of older games then all the more power to you!

If you could give us a list of some of the older games you are looking for, maybe we can point you toward the sites/forums you need to visit to make your requests.

As pointed out, Sony no longer owns the rights to many of the IPs that were once produced by Sony or a studio that Sony owns/owned.  For example, the rights to both Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon belong to Activision, now.  If you would like to see older Crash or Spyro games on Sony's current or future consoles, you need to contact Activision.

As also pointed out, Nintendo still maintains the rights to most of its IPs since most of them were produced by an in-house Nintendo studio.

Message 21 of 35 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

May 24, 2013
You could go buy the old games from eBay and Amazon instead of waiting for Publishers to allow Sony to put the game up. FYI alot of Nintendo games are owned by Nintendo.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 22 of 35 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

1.I don't want a bunch of consoles cluttering up my space which is a serious inconvenience in multiple ways. 

2.Sony blocked backwards compatibility for physical PS2 games. 

3.Certain games never released on consoles such as arcade games.

4.There are tons of gamers all over the internet that care about having the ability to store all their favorite older games digitally & the ability to play them still that's why gamers download & install emulators & roms on their gaming devices still.

P.S... You & the others on here ganging up on me must live in bubble if you all think I'm the only one out there requesting more digital copies of older games to be made available on the psn store for their gaming devices!

Cheers! 

Message 23 of 35 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 29, 2013

dragon_frost wrote:

Nintendo had no problem aquiring tons upon tons of older games on wii shop channel for wii users so whats sony's or any other pblishers & game stdios excuse?

Thats because NINTENDO OWNS EVERY NINTENDO GAME, For any game Nintendo doesn't develop and publish themselves, they contract an in-house developer or a 3rd party where Nintendo still holds licensing to that game.

Why else do you think that Nintendo has a large library of games that are compatible with nearly every Nintendo console and make the same games for both console and handheld?

BECAUSE, NINTENDO OWNS THE RIGHTS TO EVERY GAME THAT IS ON THEIR PLATFORM.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 24 of 35 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 29, 2013

dragon_frost wrote:

Real gamers are not brand slaves they exercise free will,honesty & human rights!

Actually, thats not ALWAYS the case.

There are also "real gamers" who stick to one platform instead of others because of PREFERENCE.

I have a Wii, Wii U, X360, PS3, Xbox, PS2, PS1, Commodore 64, Atari 5600 and 7800, 3DO..... But I still play ALL of my games on Playstation because it is the platform I prefer.

Even if I didn't have such a long history of playing video games, I would likley STILL, be with all 3 consoles and STILL prefer Playstation.

And there is no defining characteristic of a "true" gamer.... because its a loose adjective that only serves argumentative purposes.

If ANYONE plays a game.... a video game, board game, etc etc they are a GAMER. Period. Even if they are a casual gamer, they are still, a gamer.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 25 of 35 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

May 29, 2013

I don't give in & I don't give up on what I believe in & or what I want & that's how I'll always roll so you might as well quit while your ahead I won't be convinced to think or feel differently about it this won't ever happen. 

Cheers!

Message 26 of 35 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 29, 2013

dragon_frost wrote:

I don't give in & I don't give up on what I believe in & or what I want & that's how I'll always roll so you might as well quit while your ahead I won't be convinced to think or feel differently about it this won't ever happen. 

Cheers!

You can believe whatever you want..... but facts are facts. 

Its not up to Sony.... its up to the 3rd and 2nd party developers and publishers. How else do you think only SONY developed and published games are available with VERY LITTLE 2nd and 3rd party games get introduced?

If you want to see more games on the Store, you're going to have to contact the individual developer/publisher on the matter. 
Something as little as sending an email to Squaresoft to re-publish Bushido Blade or Parasite Eve..... 

Why do you believe this falls to Sony, if the games do not belong to Sony?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 27 of 35 (55 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
89 posts

May 30, 2013

To re-release the "classics" for PSN sony has to re-license the games. Which take some time to contact the developers/publishers to give them the permission to sell the game again and to work out a payment agreement. Just like the games that are already on PSN but are not available for the PS Vita. They have to get permission again just to have them available for download directly on the Vita. Plus Sony is more focused on their new console and new games rather that older ones that get less people's attention and probably don't offer as much income as the new games. In the end it's about what's best for the company? It's not being greedy just reasonable. Would you put lots of attention to something if it won't bring much income to your company?

Message 28 of 35 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Quite frankly i'm disgusted by the mantality of certain crowds of gamers acting like other gamers gotta fall in line with those crowds of gamers or be subjected to bullying.

Cheers!

Message 29 of 35 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Thread's Dead

Grindhead_Jim

Message 30 of 35 (77 Views)
0 Likes