Highlighted
May 24 2013
By: dragon_frost Hekseville Citizen 309 posts

SONY KEEP UP ON SUPPLYING ON DEMAND ON VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES!

34 replies 270 views Edited May 24, 2013

Come on Sony release more virtual console games (PS1,PS2,imports,Arcade games etc.) per month instead of being so lazy!

Message 1 of 35 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: SONY KEEP UP ON SUPPLYING ON DEMAND ON VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES!

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

Virtual console? Wrong console, friend.

And as myself and numerous other continually repeat, the classics that are released on the Playstation Store are chosen by their respective publishers (EA, Acti, Ubi, etc). The majority of the games you want are likely in the hands of someone other than Sony. Find out, and go post on their forums.

Final note: it's supply and demand. And seeing as how there is incredibly little demand for most classics (compared to newer games), the supplying of these classics is not a very high priority for most publishers. Instead of being so lazy and complaining on a forum that Sony barely, if at all, monitors, why don't you go create your own game to be released on the PSN. Then, 20 years from now, you can spend the time and the money to go back and adapt it for a brand new console.

Message 2 of 35 (267 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

First off i am on the right console, secondly sony has been slacking off since last year on getting more ps1,ps2,imports,psp,arcade,neo geo etc.. games per month out on the psn store & finally i'm not alone in this there's millions of other psn users that feel the same way as i do in the psn community.

P.S..Some gave up because sony ignored their demands for more ps1,ps2,imports,psp,arcade,neo geo etc.. games per month  to be release on the psn store so you got your information twisted!

Cheers!

Message 3 of 35 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

May 24, 2013

dragon_frost wrote:

First off i am on the right console, secondly sony has been slacking off since last year on getting more ps1,ps2,imports,psp,arcade,neo geo etc.. games per month out on the psn store & finally i'm not alone in this there's millions of other psn users that feel the same way as i do in the psn community.

Cheers!

These millions...where exactly are they?

Message 4 of 35 (254 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

May 24, 2013

Try every gaming site,blog & forum worldwide that's your proof!

Message 5 of 35 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

May 24, 2013

johngie is right. Comes off a little strong but is right. SONY is not solely responsible for the games available as it is up to developers whether or not to make something available for download on the network.  So SONY is in fact not the entitiy you need to contact on "keeping up with demand" but rather you need to direct your requests to a developer if you are thinking of any game in particular.

That being said if you have been keeping up the progress of the PSN and downloadble titles you would be well aware that SONY is indeed donig to their best to increase the library of downloadable titles that they are in control of themselves.  So your request for SONY to keep up is already in progress Smiley Happy

Be sure to direct those millions of people you talk to regularly to visit them forums as well!  I love seeing new faces on the forums Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 35 (232 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2014

Nintendo had no problem aquiring tons upon tons of older games on wii shop channel for wii users so whats sony's or any other pblishers & game studios excuse?

Message 7 of 35 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

May 24, 2013

You would have to ask those studios what their problem is.  Perhaps directing your question at them would be more productive?  Again being as SONY is not in control of everyone that makes the games that can be played on their system.

Message 8 of 35 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

May 24, 2013

I know johngie... I know Smiley Tongue lol

Message 9 of 35 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

May 24, 2013

Well if you wanna turn a blind eye to sony's lack of suppying on demand of older games then all the more power to you!

Message 10 of 35 (96 Views)
0 Likes