Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/20/2011
Offline
383 posts
 

Re: SONY, ADD MORE PS3 APPS PLEASE!

Jun 12, 2012

i think gamers should be reminded that the ps3 is an entertainment system not just a gaming console so with that being said it should have more apps movies,music,radio,news, and social apps since it is a social network LOL also the apps appear there  on ur xmb like netflix and hulu or but hey it doesnt take space on ur drive unless you download and install it

Message 11 of 29 (515 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/07/2012
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: SONY, ADD MORE PS3 APPS PLEASE!

Jul 7, 2012

You cant even watch HD videos from Youtube. Honestly, the PS3 as a general media device compared to the Xbox 360 is a joke.

 

Its pretty sad, as I prefer movies/music etc on my PS3 but guess what? Fewer movie apps, NO MUSIC apps, no HD youtube (0let alone its own app), no facebook, no IGN app, no ESPN.... on and on. Microsoft understands what next gen is all about and sadly, Sony claims to but in reality doesnt care and isnt even trying.

 

:-(

Message 12 of 29 (498 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 05/12/2009
Online
9287 posts
 

Re: SONY, ADD MORE PS3 APPS PLEASE!

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

Chronicdog wrote:

You cant even watch HD videos from Youtube. Honestly, the PS3 as a general media device compared to the Xbox 360 is a joke.

 

Its pretty sad, as I prefer movies/music etc on my PS3 but guess what? Fewer movie apps, NO MUSIC apps, no HD youtube (0let alone its own app), no facebook, no IGN app, no ESPN.... on and on. Microsoft understands what next gen is all about and sadly, Sony claims to but in reality doesnt care and isnt even trying.

 

:-(


I suggest you move your keister to Microsofts entertainment console if you enjoy looking at pretty apps.
 

Message 13 of 29 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/30/2008
Offline
5113 posts
 

Re: SONY, ADD MORE PS3 APPS PLEASE!

Jul 8, 2012

Emerald_Swords wrote:

Chronicdog wrote:

You cant even watch HD videos from Youtube. Honestly, the PS3 as a general media device compared to the Xbox 360 is a joke.

 

Its pretty sad, as I prefer movies/music etc on my PS3 but guess what? Fewer movie apps, NO MUSIC apps, no HD youtube (0let alone its own app), no facebook, no IGN app, no ESPN.... on and on. Microsoft understands what next gen is all about and sadly, Sony claims to but in reality doesnt care and isnt even trying.

 

:-(


I suggest you move your keister to Microsofts entertainment console if you enjoy looking at pretty apps.
 


lets also remember that on suxbox you pay for them apps-- if your not online cant use them




Message 14 of 29 (482 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/05/2008
Offline
1250 posts
 

Re: SONY, ADD MORE PS3 APPS PLEASE!

Jul 8, 2012

Chronicdog wrote:

Microsoft understands what next gen is all about and sadly, Sony claims to but in reality doesnt care and isnt even trying.


I actually agree with this, however the post does come across as somewhat of a Sony slam, on a dedicated PS+ board.  Sony has said that they want the PS3 to be an entertainment hub, but in my opinion, it's lacking in one key area - browser support, which is a joke.  An improved browser would actually help with some of the areas you mentioned, including better youtube and ESPN support.

 

With all the said, I prefer Sony to concentrate on gaming over apps, but the current browser is a cruel joke.  I still don't understand why we (myself included) are talking about apps on a PS+ board.

Message 15 of 29 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/30/2008
Offline
5113 posts
 

Re: SONY, ADD MORE PS3 APPS PLEASE!

Jul 8, 2012

jcalvert wrote:

 

With all the said, I prefer Sony to concentrate on gaming over apps, but the current browser is a cruel joke.  I still don't understand why we (myself included) are talking about apps on a PS+ board.



because sony and there "it does everything" campaign--call this an entertainment hub=--- while i just want to play games with it-- alot of others want to do everything with it




Message 16 of 29 (473 Views)
First Son
Registered: 11/14/2012
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: SONY, ADD MORE PS3 APPS PLEASE!

Nov 14, 2012

Sorry but speak for yourself I LOVE using my PS3 to watch movie and video files etc. I am FOR the PS3 adding ALL APPS.

Message 17 of 29 (335 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/07/2009
Online
790 posts
 

Re: SONY, ADD MORE PS3 APPS PLEASE!

Nov 16, 2012
I dont play many games on my ps3, its full of movies and tv shows. Loaded with music and photos. I also wish there was more apps for ps3. Its not just a gaming device, i use to use the browser alot before i got my vita. Havent used th ps3 browser in a while it use tofrezze up the sytem alot. It be nice if there was a twitter app and face book app on ps3 aswell, the browser sucks for those two places.
It drives me nuts when people say ps3 is kids a gaming device, people get a ps3 for different reasons. I have a freind who bought his ps3 just to play ps home. He has no other games on his system, no movies or shows. He plays homeall day and all night, he has no life, lol. So to each their own, as long as u get what u need from the system if people dont want the apps or other things then they dont have to download it, but there are alot of people who would download.
Message 18 of 29 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/07/2009
Online
790 posts
 

Re: SONY, ADD MORE PS3 APPS PLEASE!

Nov 16, 2012
Opps didnt mean to say ps3.... is kids a game, **bleep** auto spell, lol. Meant to say people say is JUST a gaming device... And sorry for dubble post, on my vita right now and couldnt edit my last post
Message 19 of 29 (317 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/08/2012
Offline
16 posts
 

Re: SONY, ADD MORE PS3 APPS PLEASE!

Nov 16, 2012

go to bed

Message 20 of 29 (310 Views)
0 Likes