First Son
4 posts

Re: SONY, ADD MORE PS3 APPS PLEASE!

Nov 20, 2012
Most people I know that don't have the capability to plug and play USB into their tv, use the media server function and play movies off of there computer straight to their tv's like me. Removes the hassle of transferring via USB or burning to DVD
Message 21 of 29 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Apr 12, 2013
They should go ahead add add the Tennis, NBA, Golf and NCAA Football and Basketball.
Message 22 of 29 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

May 2, 2013

sony could you please add qemu emulator to ps3 so i could use androidx86 on it i will gladly pay for the app just put a price of 50 dollars on it but with some security restrictions if your concerned about that well as far as i know it will emulate a x86 machine but the program is for linux so can you please talk to your developer team into finding a way to installing it without the need for linux it would be very cool and profitable if that can be done and a lot of people would purchase the app i myself and countless others would be very grateful. ps thank you for the youtube app

Message 23 of 29 (212 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 2, 2013
Having a few hundred people using it, or even a few hundred thousand using it, does not make it profitable to implement it. ANYTHING that is implemented on the PS3 requries support from Sony and additional time and resources spent on it. It needs to be understood that unless the app/software/feature provided has the potential to greatly increase the incoming revenue, it is of no benefit to Sony. Sony is a business first and foremost. They will only implement something if it provides them a worthwhile income in relation to the money/time spent on implementing it.

Also, Sony would not want to allow any type of software on their system which would allow users to run code on it. Never will happen. IF this was to ever be included, it would be loaded with so many security restrictions (such as unable to run code not approved by Sony) that it would become absoluteyl worthless.

For the others asking for apps, I just need to ask if you understand that those Apps are not free? To use the apps on the PS3, Sony needs to actively seek permission from the authors/companies to use them. Some companies may come to Sony and ask if they could have their app available. In many cases, however, a license fee is still required and licenses are VERY restrictive. Just because a Sony Standalone Blu-Ray player has certain apps doesn't mean that Sony has the ability to put that on whatever system they want. The license indicates where the app can be used, in what manner, how often, on how many devices, etc.

In addition, MS is likely able to get a bunch more of these apps on their system because 1: They have an enormous amount of money that they can throw at the people/companies who own the aps, and 2: they have this operating system called "Windows" which is the most widely used OS out there, and therefore they can offer "perks" to these individuals with regards to inclusion/compatibility with their software. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more people own PCs than people who own videogame consoles, so the rights-holders for these apps can get in on that massive consumer base.
Message 24 of 29 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 2, 2013

Getting more apps would be nice.

Message 25 of 29 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

May 2, 2013
i would mind espn or hbgo on psn i use those apps on xbox all the time
Message 26 of 29 (204 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I agree cutting out the features want make your gaming experiance no better the nextflix App & Crackle only hulu gives you more options things to do. A gaming system shouldn't just play games & thts it that's boring. I have a netflix account myself without them features it would be no different then the game systems in the past tiimes changing & technoligy is upgrading. I remember when before smartphones came out there wasn't any updates

Message 27 of 29 (177 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 14, 2015

Also

Watch Disney Channel

Watch Disney XD

Nick

Uverse App

A lot of things that the Xbox has that PS3 should have too

Message 28 of 29 (96 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
3187 posts

Sep 14, 2015
Please be more careful and always check the dates before posting, as necrobumping is forbidden. This thread will now be locked.
Message 29 of 29 (82 Views)
0 Likes