Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Re: SOCOM 4 servers shutting down 28 Jan 2014

Jul 17, 2013

THE-73est wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

THE-73est wrote:
I think this is an f'n joke. I could care less about about socom 4, but there is still a lot of people playing socom confrontation. 1k peaks at times

There has to be some more offical info around somewhere.

Oh its official, Im just saying how can they shut down the servers of a game that still has an active userbase. I mean SOCOM Confrontation is an Online only game and still has lots of people, whil they kept SOCOM 1-3 online til last summer. Im pretty sure those games probably had less people on combined then Confrontation.

Ya but why try to inform me from twitter when I don't go there, there has to be an announcement here to make 1000% official.

Message 11 of 29 (863 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3414 posts

Jul 17, 2013

FROST_420 wrote:

THE-73est wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

THE-73est wrote:
I think this is an f'n joke. I could care less about about socom 4, but there is still a lot of people playing socom confrontation. 1k peaks at times

Oh its official, Im just saying how can they shut down the servers of a game that still has an active userbase. I mean SOCOM Confrontation is an Online only game and still has lots of people, whil they kept SOCOM 1-3 online til last summer. Im pretty sure those games probably had less people on combined then Confrontation.

Ya but why try to inform me from twitter when I don't go there, there has to be an announcement here to make 1000% official.

It's official.  That's why the games were pulled from the PS Store a little while ago, can't play MAG & S:CON without the online portion as that's all there is, obviously.  & Sony would'nt pull them for any other reason.  Very bad news for Socom.  Very good news for H-Hour...

http://www.rmdclan.com/images/sigs/rmd_sig_2011_cigarman.png
Message 12 of 29 (841 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Jul 17, 2013

CIGARMAN1 wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

THE-73est wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

THE-73est wrote:

It's official.  That's why the games were pulled from the PS Store a little while ago, can't play MAG & S:CON without the online portion as that's all there is, obviously.  & Sony would'nt pull them for any other reason.  Very bad news for Socom.  Very good news for H-Hour...

Got my copy of H-Hour reserved already but 2015 is a long way off and I'm not ready to go cold turkey off of the SOcrack. So then the question is why doesn't Sony have the balls to make a proper announcement through the proper channels if this is legit.

Message 13 of 29 (826 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Jul 17, 2013

FROST_420 wrote:

CIGARMAN1 wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

THE-73est wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

THE-73est wrote:

Got my copy of H-Hour reserved already but 2015 is a long way off and I'm not ready to go cold turkey off of the SOcrack. So then the question is why doesn't Sony have the balls to make a proper announcement through the proper channels if this is legit.

NM they've updated the forum announcing the shut down of the servers, which seems to be their way of saying go buy a PS4. Well the PS4 was in the lead but this kind of marketing is going to bring the xbox a little closer in the competition.

Message 14 of 29 (823 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3414 posts

Jul 17, 2013

FROST_420 wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

CIGARMAN1 wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

THE-73est wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

THE-73est wrote:

NM they've updated the forum announcing the shut down of the servers, which seems to be their way of saying go buy a PS4. Well the PS4 was in the lead but this kind of marketing is going to bring the xbox a little closer in the competition.

I'm skeptical by nature so when I heard this news I thought it was a correlation to H-Hour somehow.  If Sony were smart when it comes to this franchise (and clearly Sony isn't smart when it's come to Socom in the last 7 years) they would cut service to the old Socoms when a new Socom were in the pipeline, but that just isn't the case.  I haven't played Socom 4 since last year, player counts must be extremely low for a 2 1/2 year old game to get it's service cut.  And I know Con's player counts are still around 1200 in peak times on the weekends at least.  Idk, something here just seems off. 

http://www.rmdclan.com/images/sigs/rmd_sig_2011_cigarman.png
Message 15 of 29 (813 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2773 posts

Jul 17, 2013
Is there anyone we can email to try to get this reveresed, at least for Con.
Photobucket

http://www.youtube.com/user/THE73est
Message 16 of 29 (810 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Jul 17, 2013

THE-73est wrote:
Is there anyone we can email to try to get this reveresed, at least for Con.

All we can do is speak with our money.

Message 17 of 29 (806 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Jul 17, 2013
What about to make a PETITION thread?
Message 18 of 29 (796 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Jul 17, 2013

SUGATA_RUS wrote:
What about to make a PETITION thread?

Sign me up, but we would have to get word out to all that still play.

Message 19 of 29 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6923 posts

Jul 19, 2013
I'M MAD. ARE YOU MAD? THIS IS BAD! I'M MAD!

Message 20 of 29 (682 Views)
0 Likes