Apr 23 2012
By: HostileChicken First Son 2 posts

SOCOM 2, 3, and Combined Assault remastered

2 replies 23 views Edited Apr 23, 2012

What are the chances of Sony Enertainment to revamp the acquired original Zipper Interactive titles SOCOM 2, 3, and Combined Assault?  Not a total remasterig of the originals, just a tweak of the graphics to bring the games up to todays standards.  These were great games in their day and contained massive boards.  I also enjoyed Demolition and the ability to sneak to the target or hunt the bomb carrier, instead of newer games having a beacon on the bomb that continuosly gives the location.  How difficult would it be to increase the graphics and produce this as a downloadable content in the PS store?

Message 1 of 3 (23 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28525 posts

Re: SOCOM 2, 3, and Combined Assault remastered

Apr 23, 2012

Since the main draw of the game is the online portion, I'd say highly unlikely. According to Zipper, the games would have to be completely rewritten to get them to run on the Playstation Network. They would be doing all the work of making a new game with all the costs of making a new game. If that's the case, then you make a NEW game. I also have the feeling that nobody would be happy playing the single player alone.

Message 2 of 3 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Re: SOCOM 2, 3, and Combined Assault remastered

Apr 25, 2012

Thank you for the reply.  According to your information, this would be a tremendous undertaking, and you might as well produce a new game since you would be going through all the motions anyway.  I agree that the single player would not have a large draw.  The multiplayer is the only part I was interested in and thought a downloadable SOCOM retro game with current graphic technology would be fun.

Message 3 of 3 (23 Views)
0 Likes