Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 07 2013
By: SUPREME-FM1985 Splicer 50 posts

SHOULD PS PLUS BRING BACK SOME OF THE PREVIOUS GAMES FOR NEW CUSTOMERS? WHICH?

[ Edited ]
9 replies 234 views Edited Jul 7, 2013

HELLO EVERYBODY I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR QUITE SOME TIME AND THIS IS MY FIRST POST SINCE COMING BACK. I AM KICKING MYSELF BECAUSE APPARENTLY IN PS PLUS RECENTLY SLEEPING DOGS WAS AVAILABLE AND DID NOT KNOW UNTIL TO LATE. IF YOU COULD GET SONY TO BRING BACK 5-10 GAMES THAT HAVE CAME OUT IN PS PLUS WHICH WOULD YOU PICK? FOR JUST SLEEPING DOGS. machete-kills-charlie-sheen-poster1.jpg

Message 1 of 10 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re: SHOULD PS PLUS BRING BACK SOME OF THE PREVIOUS GAMES FOR NEW CUSTOMERS? WHICH?

Jul 7, 2013
omgcaps

While it would be nice to have, it's sort of unlikely because of licensing issues.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 2 of 10 (226 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15650 posts

Re: SHOULD PS PLUS BRING BACK SOME OF THE PREVIOUS GAMES FOR NEW CUSTOMERS? WHICH?

Jul 7, 2013

Not possible, because Sony licenses and subsidizes the games they offer big discounts or for Free on Plus from Publishers/developers.

Most developers see Plus as a way to get visibility, because while their purchases go up, money hardly comes in but they do see SOME money coming from DLC sales.

For Sony and pubs/devs to re-offer free games and the same big discounts, you're literally asking them to lose MORE money.

So no. You're SOL. There will be many more games offered for free and heavily discounted.... you won't "miss" anything that was previously offered.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 3 of 10 (194 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11407 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I thought the pic was your sig...but apparently you just tossed a poster of Charlie Sheen onto the end of your post.

Keep it classy.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 4 of 10 (188 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jul 7, 2013
It would be kind of cool, but id rather them not. I prefer them to "Mix it up".
Message 5 of 10 (165 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11170 posts

Jul 7, 2013

The time for Sleeping Dogs has come and gone. It was available through the month of May, and widely advertised as such. If you happen to pay attention to the freebies and discounts offered each month for PlayStation Plus, which is something you should be doing anyway whether you're a Plus member or not, then it's kind of hard to miss.

However, in all the time I've been a member of Plus I can't say that I've missed anything. All the free games that have ever been available have been added to the download history. since the time of becoming a member. Even Stacking, which is the only "Free" game I was hoping to return, eventually went on sale earlier this year. It took two years of waiting, but I bought it... to my dismay. There aren't any (or many) games that have been offered through Plus before my time that I can say I'd like to see again. Back then games such as WipEout HD and Bubble Trubble were being offered, which were not particularly my cup of tea.

Message 6 of 10 (144 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25140 posts

Jul 7, 2013

In the words of William Shakespeare;

Ye who hath snoozeth, is thou who loseth!

Message 7 of 10 (141 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jul 7, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Thats awesome. :smileytongue:

Message 8 of 10 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9915 posts

Jul 7, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Not possible, because Sony licenses and subsidizes the games they offer big discounts or for Free on Plus from Publishers/developers.

Most developers see Plus as a way to get visibility, because while their purchases go up, money hardly comes in but they do see SOME money coming from DLC sales.

For Sony and pubs/devs to re-offer free games and the same big discounts, you're literally asking them to lose MORE money.

So no. You're SOL. There will be many more games offered for free and heavily discounted.... you won't "miss" anything that was previously offered.

we dont really know for sure..  they may make it available again one day, but i wouldnt count on it any time soon though

>

Message 9 of 10 (116 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5453 posts

Jul 7, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Thats awesome. :smileytongue:

Indeed.  I freely accept my snoozethness, having only bought a PS3 in June.  I'm still extremely grateful to have PS+, and I cannot even begine to calculate how much money I have save on purchased games, let alone the IGC.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 10 of 10 (111 Views)
0 Likes