Feb 25 2013
By: Amir_G_M_US First Son 22 posts

SHARE MY MESSAGE TO SONY FOR BETTER SERVICE

5 replies 152 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

Congratulations for the PS4 announcement!

We're all lucky to own Sony Playstation consoles (and portables).

I really want to thank Sony for providing the best gaming experience ever made. I also want to thank Sony Playstation for fulfilling the escapism I needed, whenever I needed.

Since I was a child I remember myself owning a Playstation console and playing one all day and all night. Games series like Tomb Raider have followed me right from the PS1 (and PC) till later consoles and years. I followed the God Of War series (PS2) and I am still happily waiting for the sequel game titled "Ascension", and later started following the titles of Assassin's Creed released for (PS3).

I can really say "Sony, I'm so proud of you. And lucky to have you in my home (PS3) and in my bag (PS Vita)." I'm so proud to say it "I love Sony Playstation".

I watched the Playstation 4 announcement live on the Internet. And like many others, most likely had shivers, it caused me one too.

However, there's always a "But"… I use the service of the Playstation Store, and I started questioning myself about all digital PS3 and PS1 (classics) copies were purchased and downloaded. Will they work on the upcoming enormous PS4 console? Please keep in mind that the same issue/question disappointed all of the users while getting a PS3, instead of the PS2, that could not play the original PS2 games. I tried looking on the Internet for some answer for my former annoying question, "What about the digital purchases I made on the Playstation Store?"

And so it happened I was disappointed once again " No backward capability…yet: The PS4 won’t be able to play PS2 or PS3 games, it’s true. But Sony’s stated hope is that eventually, by utilizing the cloud and the PS4′s existing streaming abilities, that emulation of the entire PlayStation line’s library of games will be possible at some point."

This message has been written with a post-apocalyptic feeling of losing all my digital copies of video games. I bought those digital copies believing they will play "smoother" on the PS4, with a higher FPS (frames per second). These are the worst news recently I have heard, I apply to you as a single consumer, and so as a general opinion of other millions of people. This is not a critical message but asking for help and a solution that maximizes  the satisfaction of the consumers, and maximizing the purchases on the store as well.

Therefore, I am asking from you in every single possible way, PLEASE, FIND A WAY TO MAKE THE BACKWARD CAPABILITY POSSIBLE, BEFORE RELEASING THE CONSOLE! I do not want to lose my purchases and so my faith in you! Do not betray us, the customers, the fans, the best consumers.

I am looking forward for an honest reply and as soon as possible.

Sincerely yours,

Amir Galoush 

Message 1 of 6 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34908 posts

Re: SHARE MY MESSAGE TO SONY FOR BETTER SERVICE

Feb 25, 2013

Amir_G_M_US wrote:

Congratulations for the PS4 announcement!

We're all lucky to own Sony Playstation consoles (and portables).

I really want to thank Sony for providing the best gaming experience ever made. I also want to thank Sony Playstation for fulfilling the escapism I needed, whenever I needed.

Since I was a child I remember myself owning a Playstation console and playing one all day and all night. Games series like Tomb Raider have followed me right from the PS1 (and PC) till later consoles and years. I followed the God Of War series (PS2) and I am still happily waiting for the sequel game titled "Ascension", and later started following the titles of Assassin's Creed released for (PS3).

I can really say "Sony, I'm so proud of you. And lucky to have you in my home (PS3) and in my bag (PS Vita)." I'm so proud to say it "I love Sony Playstation".

I watched the Playstation 4 announcement live on the Internet. And like many others, most likely had shivers, it caused me one too.

However, there's always a "But"… I use the service of the Playstation Store, and I started questioning myself about all digital PS3 and PS1 (classics) copies were purchased and downloaded. Will they work on the upcoming enormous PS4 console? Please keep in mind that the same issue/question disappointed all of the users while getting a PS3, instead of the PS2, that could not play the original PS2 games. I tried looking on the Internet for some answer for my former annoying question, "What about the digital purchases I made on the Playstation Store?"

And so it happened I was disappointed once again " No backward capability…yet: The PS4 won’t be able to play PS2 or PS3 games, it’s true. But Sony’s stated hope is that eventually, by utilizing the cloud and the PS4′s existing streaming abilities, that emulation of the entire PlayStation line’s library of games will be possible at some point."

This message has been written with a post-apocalyptic feeling of losing all my digital copies of video games. I bought those digital copies believing they will play "smoother" on the PS4, with a higher FPS (frames per second). These are the worst news recently I have heard, I apply to you as a single consumer, and so as a general opinion of other millions of people. This is not a critical message but asking for help and a solution that maximizes  the satisfaction of the consumers, and maximizing the purchases on the store as well.

Therefore, I am asking from you in every single possible way, PLEASE, FIND A WAY TO MAKE THE BACKWARD CAPABILITY POSSIBLE, BEFORE RELEASING THE CONSOLE! I do not want to lose my purchases and so my faith in you! Do not betray us, the customers, the fans, the best consumers.

I am looking forward for an honest reply and as soon as possible.

Sincerely yours,

Amir Galoush 

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Here's an honest reply, B/C, it's not going to happen, sorry!

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 6 (134 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11813 posts

Feb 25, 2013
^I red that in Dr. Phil's voice.
Message 3 of 6 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 25, 2013

For the billionth time, Sony is going from Cell (PS3) to x86 (PS4)...two totally different architectures. Backwards compatibility is simply NOT going to happen, no matter how much protesting and petitions you sign.

That being said, you're not necessarily going to "lose" all your games - that's why Sony bought Gaikai.

Message 4 of 6 (120 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
51074 posts

Feb 26, 2013

I know its annoying to see people keep bringing this up but at the same time I truly hope I can still play the PS3 games I will continue to enjoy on a PS4 as I dont want to keep 2 consoles.

Message 5 of 6 (97 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Will I be able to download and play my downloads from the store? or no?

can anyone confirm it specifically about the digital downloads we all bought from the PS Store?

can I  play my purchased downloads such as Dragon Age Origins on the PS4???????????????????????????

Message 6 of 6 (72 Views)
0 Likes