Fender Bender
3073 posts

Re: SEN worse decision yet

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

FidelityNy wrote:

DragonIrons wrote:

You DO realize alot of these "people" are kids who don't know about or even bother READING forums or using them right? OR ..... perhaps alot of people have CALLED Sony (once again don't bother using forums). Thats quite an assumption to think everyone likes this mess of crap the new store is now. Here's a test for you, go to PS3 Add-ons and just TRY BROWSING the DLC. Pretend you just got your PS3 and have no games and you're trying to see what's out there.... what games there are and what they have for DLC.

YOU CAN"T DO IT. DLC for one game is spread out through 8 stupid arse catagories now instead of a simple A-Z list of games that we had before. Not to mention if you SORT each catagory A-Z...... it's NOT EVEN IN ORDER. They couldn't even get THAT right. The other night I saw Need for Speed BEFORE Assassin's Creed in the Combo lists I think it was. N doesnt' come before A the last time I checked..... And in another list AC Sequence of the bonfires was with the S's, not the A's......... so even if you sort the pain in the arse catagories they have now it's STILL not sorted and you'll miss **bleep**.

I was thinking of something else but I forgot >.< But ya you cann't browse for **bleep** anymore..... if you KNOW the game you're looking for you can use the search.... but apparently there's games with DLC that're MISSING from the store now as well so heh..... Oh and btw, I was looking for the demo for Resistence last night. So I searched for Resistence. NO DEMO for any of the three games showed up in the search, yet when I WENT to the demo section and sorted it A-Z, I found demos for Resistence 1 AND 3..... so you cant' even be sure to find what you're looking for if you specifically search for it. This Store is now a jumbled mess of **bleep**, and they need to fix it fast.

This is sad... I'm gonna keep it as simple as possible and you're gonna give me some more poor responses and excuses.

I'm trying to figure out whether or not you were joking about people simply BROWSING random games DLC for games in which they don't own just to see what's out there. You might be one of the few people that do that, sorry to break it to you. People would most likely be searching through the GAMES section if they were new and looking for games, and now with the new store you can find not only DLC according to the game you're looking at, but all content for that game in one place with the Overview.

No I wasn't joking That's exactly what I did when i got my PS3 last year for an entire night or two, was look around the store using that SIMPLE A-Z list to help me decide what games to get. And I'll tell ya now, like 10 of the 39 games I have so far I wouldn't even have known existed if I hadnt' seen them in the Games list while checking out DLC. Ya you can still sort the lists A-Z (although someone over there doesnt' know their alphabet), but with DLC flung out in 8-10 diff moronic catagories .... good luck just browsing. Hell I still do that sometimes, just browse... Well I DID till they "updated" the store to this crap. 

Sometimes I go through it just to see if there's new DLC for what I have. Now If I'm going to do that I have to use this search that now won't even let you use a god **bleep** keyboard anymore, and  I have to "type" in EVERY game's name I have......  Do you have ANY idea how much slower this CRAP is now or are you just blind and stupid? You seem to think there's not many people complaining about the store. Well guess what? There's only like 5 of you on here actually defending this pile of horse **bleep**.

Anyway just because you dont' do something doesnt' mean no one else does. I'm sure quite a few people like just browsing the DLC, especially if they JUST bought a PS3. But I seriously doubt anyone is going to be arsed to do that now the way they redid it. Remember what I said before? I bought like 10 games I never heard of cause I saw them in the Game's list of DLC in the old store, THEN I went and looked up gameplay vids online after that. But now you'd have to write crap down while you browse since it's flung out everywhere just to keep **bleep** straight in your head. No one's going to bother just browsing anymore, and that's pretty much what all the complaints are about if you've been paying any attention instead of runnin your mouth trying to tell everyone they're wrong. And if less people bother just browsing.. that's less people that might see something they dind't know was even there and that equals less profits. That's why it fracking amazes me people at sony actually thought this add-on menu was better then a A-Z list. It's too hard to find anything now unless you KNOW what game you're looking at (and some **bleep**'s not on there right now so THAT'S not even a guarantee). Searching for ONE game or two is fine (IF you know whwat you're looking for), but browsing alot of games? heh.....

Old Layout: Search a game like say "Little Big Planet 2", you'll get a huge list of anything relating to Little Big Planet in general, whether it pertains to 1, 2, the PSP version, or Vita version, all mashed up. Or you can go through all the navigating to find LBP2 add-ons, or a demo, then search if you want to downoad some videos of the game, then find the game in particular to see the screenshots, a preview, or a link to purchase it.

Funny.. it only took me like 10 seconds to find anything for a game in the old version.......

New Layout: Search "LIT" get all different versions of Little Big Planet right away, click the one you want and have all content for that game in particular in one place, no need to navigate anywhere in the store to find the game to purchase it, download a demo, view screenshots, videos, or add-ons.

i'll give you that, the new search being more intuitive is nice. Too bad everything I looked at last night that has Demo's didnt' have the demo's listed. Go see if you can find the demos for Resistence and Resistence 3. without browsing. Actually I havent' seen one game's overview page listing any demo..... and that's the way it was before . If you wanted to check out demo's you had to go browse the Demo section, and you still do. And I did that last night actually. If the GAME section was that easy (like it USED to be with the A-Z list [of games, not seperate A-Z lists of 10 different TYPES of dlc.....]) still I'm pretty sure noone would be complaining. You can still browse Demos, you can still browse (sorted however you want) games themselves, christ you can BROWSE dlc for the Vita, but for some reason they thought we'd want PS3 DLC seperated into 8 or ten stupid catagories......

Issues with one or two pieces of content not showing up in the games Overview are going to be polished out over time, it's been a **bleep** month, be patient, you act as if the inconvenience of not being able to find a thing or two is something major.

When there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with the old store? Ya it's something major when a company like Sony turns something that's just about flawless into a pile of steaming horse crap. Forget the rest of the **bleep**, how they managed to make the store SLOWER is beyond me.......

Edit: profanity removed

Message 11 of 21 (91 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Had to kudo you for that long thought out reply. Really original. You've made it obvious your only issue is with the DLC section and you're nitpicking from there on just to try to make a point more valid.

From here on out I'll leave you guys to your little hourly complaint threads. It'll be a thread of people complaining with one another and not one person outside of their group listening. That'll be fun.

If you didn't want something "flawless" to change you should've stood with a PS2, it's a whole new ball game, get with it.

Message 12 of 21 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3073 posts

Nov 29, 2012

the only issue 99% of people on here are complaiing about IS the DLC section, but you and 5 others are too stupid apparently to see it, or see why.....  Here's a hint. The past hour I've started going through all my games to see if there's new DLC cause the other night I just happened to see one for Rage.  The OLD store I would've gone through them all in about 30 minutes. (Go to A-z List, go to game, boom there's all the DLC... nothing new? back out in 5 seconds and scroll to the next game I have....... I'd love to see you try to tell me you can still browse like that with these new stupid **bleep** catagories).  It's been an hour and I've only gone through like 1/3 of my games...... because I cant' Browse the f'ing non-existant games section anymore, I have to SEARCH for each and every **bleep** one. Got it now?

Message 13 of 21 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Message 14 of 21 (65 Views)
Fender Bender
3073 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

what's your point with that link? To show me a thread with a thimbleful of people who have nothing better to do then complain about the people complaining about actual problems with an "upgrade"? LOL and about 1/4 of the people in that whopping 3 page thread didnt' even agree with it (you w/e).

"I'm gonna complain about complainers cause I like complaining about people complaining cause I love to complain about things"

Message 15 of 21 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Nov 29, 2012

My issue with the store is using the search navigation and downloading demos. The search I hate scrolling through letters when they should just give us the virtual keyboard that's used in the browser. And I don't know if I'm doing it right but I have go through miltiple screens that confirm my order to download demo's? I liked the old way of doing demos, just find the demo, click on it once to select and choose download option and done. I have to go to purchase and select yes, then see the screen that shows me how much money I have in my wallet then it's show me the screen for "purchasing" then I have to select it... It takes too long. I think I might be doing it wrong but this new way of getting to demo's isn't intuitive enough to make it easy.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 16 of 21 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3073 posts

Nov 29, 2012

If you want to check out demo's go to the demo menu and actually browse them all. Don't use the search, cause the search is screwed up and some arent' showing up. Like the demo's for Resistence 1 and 3. I knew they were on the store but they didn't show up in the search OR on the game's overview page. Go to Search and see for yourself. Put in "Resist" and you'll see there's no demo listed in the results. And go to Fall of Man's page (that's 1) and 3's page, you'll see no demo listed there either.  But if you go to the actual demo section and sort it A-Z you'll find both......

And I may have been wrong earlier, about the older store not having demo's listed on a game's "overview" page. When I was checking out DLC for all my games earlier (SLOWLY.....) I noticed one of them had a demo listed on the Overview page for that game, but I dont' remember which game it was. So they ARE supposed to be listed.. but the Resistance games dont' have them listed on their individual pages.

Message 17 of 21 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I can find stuff just fine, it's actually downloading demo's that feel like your going through too many check points to download.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 18 of 21 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3073 posts

Nov 29, 2012

i'm just saying, if you use the search you may not find something when it's actually there. but ya lol i dl'ed a free trailer earlier and wondered why the hell it was going through the wallet and al that myself.......

well with that it's bed time i'm out.

Message 19 of 21 (46 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Were you not suppose to be done here? By showing how many people that actually hate the new and no where near improved store design just adds to the fire of how bad it actually is. People rarelhy ever complained about the store before. You might not care but guess in that same respect a lot of peple do not care about you not caring, it is not going to make them change their mind and just deal with it like you choose to. When someone has a problem the general thing to do is try to get it fixed. But hey if you let someone break your window, you know its broken, but choose to just sit there and let it stay that way then that is your right, just as it is our right to complain about it and try to get it fixed.

"Problems do not fix Themselves"
Message 20 of 21 (40 Views)
0 Likes