Jan 14 2013
By: Emerald_Swords MVP Support 6299 posts

SEN Browser store now Online

[ Edited ]
13 replies 387 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

I think this means we'll be able to purchase our Ps3 content directly from our browser.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-au/home/main

**The site is still not accessible at this point, but it's a sign for things to come!

"RNGsus, hallowed be thy name. Thy digits come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in the Tower. Give us this day our daily shards. And forgive us our dismantles, as we forgive those who have dismantled before us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the Cryptarch. For thine is the loot table, the engrams, and the luck, forever and ever."
~Amen
Message 1 of 14 (387 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5238 posts

Re: SEN Browser store now Online

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

That's the Australian store, and it did work for me.  The US store is supposed to be coming soon though.  You should edit the thread title to not mislead others.

If you change the "au" to "us" it starts to load and then says "The Sony Entertainment Network Store is not currently available."

Message 2 of 14 (351 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Got me excited for a minute... -_-

Message 3 of 14 (348 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6299 posts

Jan 14, 2013

JERM7 wrote:

That's the Australian store, and it did work for me.  The US store is supposed to be coming soon though.  You should edit the thread title to not mislead others.

If you change the "au" to "us" it starts to load and then says "The Sony Entertainment Network Store is not currently available."

Makes sense, since the pricing is abit off from what i remember.

"RNGsus, hallowed be thy name. Thy digits come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in the Tower. Give us this day our daily shards. And forgive us our dismantles, as we forgive those who have dismantled before us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the Cryptarch. For thine is the loot table, the engrams, and the luck, forever and ever."
~Amen
Message 4 of 14 (335 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18752 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Interesting. I thought they would fix all bugs, streamline & integrate the new PSN Store to the PS3 OS before venturing into new grounds.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 5 of 14 (293 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Emerald_Swords wrote:

I think this means we'll be able to purchase our Ps3 content directly from our browser.

**The site is still not accessible at this point, but it's a sign for things to come!

So theoretically, once a US site is set up, we will be able to sign on any computer, make a purchase, then download the content once we are back home on our system?  Will you be able to complete the full process via this site as well?

I have a VAIO and a PSP, so I already have access to Remote "Play".  I can accomplish this now, but I am not always on my VAIO or PSP.  It would be interesting if my questions above are validated.  It would also render Remote "Play" absolutely useless, instead of mildly useless.

There is NO "Play" aspect of Remote "Play".  Very disappointing.  Yes, I know, there are like five whole games that you can actually do this with, but they are games that I wouldn't play.  Therefore the service is still relatively useless to me.

Can anyone elaborate more on what this site's, should they open a US one, full potential should be?

Moble

Message 6 of 14 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Well the US store should be here in days or a weeks time.

At first it'll only allow you to make purchases from your computer, just as you would the console store. When you get to your console you can download the content from your download list. They are working on a feature that will allow you to click download from your desktop and have it download and install to your PS3 for you.

The web store accepts Paypal as a payment option.
Message 7 of 14 (285 Views)
MVP Support
5238 posts

Jan 15, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Emerald_Swords wrote:

So theoretically, once a US site is set up, we will be able to sign on any computer, make a purchase, then download the content once we are back home on our system?  Will you be able to complete the full process via this site as well?

I have a VAIO and a PSP, so I already have access to Remote "Play".  I can accomplish this now, but I am not always on my VAIO or PSP.  It would be interesting if my questions above are validated.  It would also render Remote "Play" absolutely useless, instead of mildly useless.

There is NO "Play" aspect of Remote "Play".  Very disappointing.  Yes, I know, there are like five whole games that you can actually do this with, but they are games that I wouldn't play.  Therefore the service is still relatively useless to me.

Can anyone elaborate more on what this site's, should they open a US one, full potential should be?

Moble

I haven't tried it recently, but I've heard that remote play doesn't work with the PSN store since it changed to an app.  Have you tried it for yourself?  I agree, this was the most useful aspect of remote play for me.  I also sometimes used it for web browsing (youtube) on the PSP.

From what I've read, the web store only adds the purchases to your download list, but eventually it will allow for automatic downloading as well.  I'm hoping it is faster to browse/search than on the PS3.  I think it will be more convenient in some ways, and it's good for PS+ users so they have another way to add content before it expires, if they're away from the PS3.

Message 8 of 14 (283 Views)
MVP Support
5238 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

Interesting. I thought they would fix all bugs, streamline & integrate the new PSN Store to the PS3 OS before venturing into new grounds.

It's definitely something that should be done, but I actually think this was a better thing to focus on - giving us more options, rather than just improving the ones we already have.

Message 9 of 14 (279 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18752 posts

Jan 15, 2013

JERM7 wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

It's definitely something that should be done, but I actually think this was a better thing to focus on - giving us more options, rather than just improving the ones we already have.

Yes, but at the end we will have to get back on the PS3 to deal with lag-loving PSN Store. Unless SONY is thinking of allowing us to purchase and download files to our computers for transfer to the PS3 then I do not see the benefit of the web store.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 10 of 14 (266 Views)
0 Likes