Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Re: Rumor - Sony planning PSP Go relaunch to rekindle interest.

Feb 4, 2010

They can re-launch the Go all they want. I doubt it will change anything - economy aside.

Like LFdog mentioned a few posts back: Games sell hardware. At least, that's what I generally base my console purchases on anyway.

For myself, the reason I haven’t bought one is because I already have a system that’s virtually the same. I also have several games on UMD that aren’t available on the PSN. Why would I buy something that offers no real advancement in comparison to what I already have? I can already take advantage of the DD on my 3k just as easily as a Go owner, and bluetooth is not a priority for me.

I do love the idea of DD though. I love the idea of portability and no longer having to carry around clunky UMDs anymore. But equally, what I don’t love is Sony’s BS about not being able to deactivate a PSP unless it’s sent to them. Will they foot the shipping bill for this? No. They will not. What if it was stolen? Exactly how would I send it to them for de-activation if I don’t physically have it anymore? I have nothing against the 5 activations – I just have something against the ass-backwards way that it’s implemented.

These things, alone, are the main reason why I would never get one. I can not justify paying more for something that would give me less, and I don't think I'm the only person that feels this way.

However, if the Go was a considerably different system, I may have been more inclined to rush out and buy one, provided that enough of the titles it was offering appealed to me.

Message Edited by NihilisticVoid on 02-03-2010 04:14 PM
There is nothing stupid about not being stupid.
Message 41 of 429 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 4, 2010
great point!
White PSP Go

Socom Fireteam Bravo 2
FFVII
Final Fantasy Crystal Defender
Message 42 of 429 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Feb 4, 2010
Sony is stupid for makiong a system that lacks the umd drive. If they thought the were gonna compete with the iphone, theyve realy lost it. The go couldve done better maybe if it had a built-in phone?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sony, Please Bring back B/C to the PS3. We, the proud owners of large ps2 collections are counting on that.

In the mean time, the ps3 is a bad cookie.

And sony cant hear the truth about what bringing back bc will REALLY DO? makes sales go up up up |^
Message 43 of 429 (9 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2087 posts

Feb 4, 2010

invader113 wrote:

Dear SONY,

People will not buy games that they can't sell to someone else when they're bored with them.

Thanks,

i113

I do this all the time.  You might not and that is your choice.

DRM is the devil.....I wish everyone could somehow agree on a DRM standard or agree to do away with it forever.

Message 44 of 429 (9 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Feb 4, 2010

DRM is the devil.....I wish everyone could somehow agree on a DRM standard or agree to do away with it forever.

second that

Message 45 of 429 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1474 posts

Feb 4, 2010
The PSP Go is worth every cent. The only problem I have with it is that it depends entirely on having a wireless internent connection and PSN. Also some games that are out now are not even on PSN like that Yugioh 5D game for example and it took it awhile to get Dissidia even though the game came out way before the PSP Go came out.
Message 46 of 429 (9 Views)
Fender Bender
3460 posts

Feb 4, 2010

LFDog wrote:
Thank you for the link on the PS3.
I believe the topic at hand is the Go/PSP portable market.  Not the PS3.
You said dominant distribution method. You did not specify PSP, just a blanket statement.
 In which case, download will not be the dominant method for PSP either. 
Retailers wont let it (hence the go boycotts). Developers arent letting it (hence why so many titles arent being put on PSN). Content holders arent letting it (same result). Consumers arent letting it (hence Go's sales, combined with very few PSP owners having memory sticks large enough to conveniently replace UMDs for large collections) Sony isnt letting it (hence the extra charges on bandwidth for PSN content)

When we look at any changes that may occur in the future, we can't do so through the lens of todays technology and download limits.
Exactly. You're back to your comment being a blanket statement on everything. I already posted an example of why its not. As for this statement:
http://digg.com/tech_news/Broadband_Speeds_Increase_Around_the_World_Not_in_the_US

So, while the article is an accurate assessment of CURRENT gaming on the PS3 - we are not discussing either. 

Actually the link I posted was meant to apply to all large content. PS3 games, HD movies, anything that takes up a larger amount of space than is convenient to download. His statement about retailers not liking it either was supposed to emphasize that

I dont blame you for coming to the false conclusion that I was being PS3 specific since my stalker put the idea out there. But thinking I was being PS3 specific on the PSP board isn't really logical.

Message Edited by Techni on 02-04-2010 12:52 AM
Message 47 of 429 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Feb 4, 2010
i think that the idea of a possible relaunch might be a good idea. not nessesarily for the hardware, but it might mean a flood of games added to the ps store like it did during the original launch. it the rumors are true, then i can only hope that sony is tryin to reposition the digital downloads.
Message 48 of 429 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3460 posts

Feb 4, 2010
I dont think a relaunch will help. Its not the marketing that caused Go to fail. It's the cost, lack of UMD, and lack of games on PSN.
Message 49 of 429 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Feb 4, 2010

I find it kind of strange how a person can take the information from this artical http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1065686p1.html and assume that the psp2 (or any psp for that matter) games will be to big to download.

Also we have no announcments on what the psp2 will have or even if it will be backward compatable, or even play umd games. So i guess im saying that if you claim that the psp2 will be made a certain way, i would like to see some document stating what it will have before i will accept anything, and i think many other ppl would want to see any solid proof before they would believe anyone that claims they know what the psp2 will have. I know that i never claimed to know what the psp2 would have, I have always posted what it MIGHT or COULD have. I like to leave it up to others to deside on what the psp2 could launch with.

As for rekindling the psp go, i think its great for sony to do.

We know ppl didnt like the price because it was pricy. As for downloads, well many ppl would of switched over, but only if they where able to get downloads of the current games they already have as a umd.

But it could mean ppl are still buying the psp 3000's and still getting downloads, but still get the umds that dont come out as downloads.. So untill all the games come out on the psn for the psp, i dont think many will get the go unless they go for only downloads.

Message Edited by Naquiel on 02-04-2010 12:37 AM
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 50 of 429 (9 Views)
0 Likes