VP of Gaming
29189 posts

Re: Rockstar made a mistake by making GTA V a current gen game

Sep 14, 2013

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

One of the dumbest posts I have ever seen.................current gen has a 160 million install base....................It will sell like crazy, it would not sell near as much on brand new consoles. Also, in a few years time when they get time to loearn the new hardware imagine how amazing GTA 6 will be?

How is it a mistake OP, because you want it? How is it a mistake for rockstar? They are a company and will make million more launching on current gen. Did you see the game? The graphics look amazing even for old consoles.

GT6 on the other hand...........................................Was a major mistake by Sony, as selling fmore PS4's more important then GT6 sales. GT is sony's biggest system selling franchise.

This^ I don't know how big of a sim racing game group you guys have over here, but I know over at xbox Forza was BIG. I was looking for a sim racing game to start out on with PS4 like I did with Forza and the 360 (Drive club doesn't look like it will cut it) but I guess I'll have to wait 2 years (or more seeing how GT has a habit of being delayed) for the next GT sim racing game... I can't believe that they are not launching a new game from one of their biggest selling franchises with the PS4 in GT.

They aren't launching Gran Turismo 6 for the Playstation 4 because it's been in development for a few years now. And Polyphony Digital wasn't going to suddenly stop development, and then pick it back up on the new hardware. Gran Turismo 7 will be coming for the PS4, and it will be a PS4 game, not a PS3/4 game.

I have no idea why everyone is so gaga over Forza, or as I call it "Driver's Ed". I played it, and after a couple of laps I had opened up a twenty second lead over the entire field. Everyone says Forza was "big", but even if you DOUBLED Forza's sales it still wouldn't equal the amount of copies Gran Turimso 5 sold. Compared to real racing games like GTR 2, GT Legends, and Race 07, Forza is quite honestly, too easy.

Message 11 of 29 (209 Views)
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Rockstar would be making more profit on current gen than PS4/360 actually. They didn't tell owners to give up their consoles. Thats what people decided on their own

Genesis, Snes, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, PS3
Message 12 of 29 (201 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Rockstar, Has not once mention they are NOT bringing GTA 5 to PS4 & XBox One.. Right now they're protecting their investment and companies sales, they can't openly say it''.. otherwise lots of peoples are going to be holding out for next-gen versions.. They can't afford that, look you need to stop worrying about this. they want to make all their money on current gen- then make extra money on PC, PS4,XBox One

Message 13 of 29 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Sep 15, 2013

They will probably bring a Game of the Year or similar version out in a year or so I'd bet. No way would they not make this a current gen game. If the costs of this thing are anywhere close to true it will need to be one of the best sellers of the year just to break even.

Message 14 of 29 (196 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 15, 2013
They're obviously trying to not announce next-gen versions till they can sell current-gen versions then announce the next-gen versions then sell the next-gen versions.
Message 15 of 29 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Rockstar is Rockstar.....they can do whatever they want, and guess what...it will work, no matter what... if Rockstar released GTA5 on leapfrog, leapfrog would sell like a million leapfrogs. XD

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 16 of 29 (188 Views)
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Seem like someone made a choice.

1 keep my old console and play the games coming to it.

2sell my console for next gen 

You choose 2. Now that was your choice. I chose to keep mine and buy a next Gen.  

But you cannot say that R* made a bad choice when they are puutin out a game for their install base.

the hero's name is shinobi if u dont know you should know me

Get your Portable ID!
Message 17 of 29 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3324 posts

Sep 15, 2013

R* made a mistake?  a 256 million dollar mistake that paid for itself in pre-orders alone so if that's a mistake i got a lot to learn..

i find it hilarious all the idiots selling their ps3's for pennies to get a ps4..go ahead,it's people like this that a month after release you see them selling them on craigslist for half price...happens everytime there's new releases of consoles.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 18 of 29 (166 Views)
Fender Bender
3324 posts

Sep 15, 2013

hell,i can throw in a couple Percocets and get one for almost nothing..lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 19 of 29 (164 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts