Sep 14 2013
By: SliverAnimal45 Lombax Warrior 236 posts

Rockstar made a mistake by making GTA V a current gen game

28 replies 434 views Edited Sep 14, 2013

Becuase some people trade in their old console for the new one. Also I think Current Gen will eventually die down 3-4 Years from now. Plus I do not have a PS3 or Xbox 360 so if it is not released for PS4 or PC that means no buy. Honestly I hate rockstar for not making it a Next Gen Title

Message 1 of 29 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: Rockstar made a mistake by making GTA V a current gen game

Sep 14, 2013

change, is that you?

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 2 of 29 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1573 posts

Sep 14, 2013

SliverAnimal45 wrote:

Becuase some people trade in their old console for the new one. Also I think Current Gen will eventually die down 3-4 Years from now. Plus I do not have a PS3 or Xbox 360 so if it is not released for PS4 or PC that means no buy. Honestly I hate rockstar for not making it a Next Gen Title

Gladly all the above is your opinion. You know what they say about opinions right ??... Don't buy it you will only be missing out.. 

As for me.. I am keeping my two PS3's and buying a PS4.. 

Message 3 of 29 (426 Views)
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Sep 14, 2013
@glasscut I will buy it if they release it on PS4 or PC I dont have a PS3 its a confusing situtaion jeez :/
Message 4 of 29 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Sep 14, 2013

SliverAnimal45 wrote:

Becuase some people trade in their old console for the new one. Also I think Current Gen will eventually die down 3-4 Years from now. Plus I do not have a PS3 or Xbox 360 so if it is not released for PS4 or PC that means no buy [for me]. Honestly I hate rockstar for not making it a Next Gen Title

Key words.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 5 of 29 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Sep 14, 2013

A lot of people kept their PS3s so they can do a data transfer when they get their PS4.

Not to mention doing a trade in can give you a very low price if you're doing a bundle also.

YB

Message 6 of 29 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Sep 14, 2013

SliverAnimal45 wrote:

While some people may trade in their current consoles for next-gen, I guarantee you the install base for current gen will be far greater than next-gen for at least a couple years. That means a bigger potential market for Rockstar, which results in a bigger potential for sales.

So seems like they were smart.

/thread

Message 7 of 29 (386 Views)
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Sep 14, 2013

One of the dumbest posts I have ever seen.................current gen has a 160 million install base....................It will sell like crazy, it would not sell near as much on brand new consoles. Also, in a few years time when they get time to loearn the new hardware imagine how amazing GTA 6 will be?

How is it a mistake OP, because you want it? How is it a mistake for rockstar? They are a company and will make million more launching on current gen. Did you see the game? The graphics look amazing even for old consoles.

GT6 on the other hand...........................................Was a major mistake by Sony, as selling fmore PS4's more important then GT6 sales. GT is sony's biggest system selling franchise.

Message 8 of 29 (381 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

Sep 14, 2013

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

One of the dumbest posts I have ever seen.................current gen has a 160 million install base....................It will sell like crazy, it would not sell near as much on brand new consoles. Also, in a few years time when they get time to loearn the new hardware imagine how amazing GTA 6 will be?

How is it a mistake OP, because you want it? How is it a mistake for rockstar? They are a company and will make million more launching on current gen. Did you see the game? The graphics look amazing even for old consoles.

GT6 on the other hand...........................................Was a major mistake by Sony, as selling fmore PS4's more important then GT6 sales. GT is sony's biggest system selling franchise.

This^ I don't know how big of a sim racing game group you guys have over here, but I know over at xbox Forza was BIG. I was looking for a sim racing game to start out on with PS4 like I did with Forza and the 360 (Drive club doesn't look like it will cut it) but I guess I'll have to wait 2 years (or more seeing how GT has a habit of being delayed) for the next GT sim racing game... I can't believe that they are not launching a new game from one of their biggest selling franchises with the PS4 in GT.

Message 9 of 29 (364 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Sep 14, 2013

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Well said.  The financial losses Rockstar would have to take on by completely re-coding everything so late into the development cycle, and selling the game to an install base of  nowhere near the current gen systems, would be incredible.

Porting a game isn't simply just a push of a button.  Never has been, and never will be.

Message 10 of 29 (335 Views)
0 Likes