Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
10976 posts

Re: Rockstar made a mistake by making GTA V a current gen game

Sep 15, 2013

It's kind of unfortunate in your current situation that you won't be able to play Grand Theft Auto V for the reason that you do not own the technology that it is playable on. It is also unfortunate that the current-gen technology that's on its way soon won't be able to provide support for playback on the game.

While there's a slight shimmer of hope for games of previous generations to be playable through Cloud technology across future systems, you have to wonder how this will all come together and to what end. If it's anything like how the PlayStation and PlayStation 2 porting structure of games via the store works on the PlayStation 3, for example, does this mean for Gaikai we'll only see so many games brought digitally at a time per month? It's hard to know about something when we're not there yet seeing the process in action.

To avoid the doubt of any possible uncertainties however, you could always just pick up the system of choice to play a copy of Grand Theft Auto V whilst awaiting your destiny. If you haven't owned a PlayStation 3 before, there's already a vast library of games you might have missed out on. Everything from Heavy Rain, Heavenly Sword, Eternal Sonata, and God of War III are worth checking out. It's understandable if you'd rather not pay the giant ticket to get one platform or the other just before entering into yet another console cycle, but you might also enjoy having gotten to know the last generation of gaming in one way or another if you've been avoiding it all this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (167 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

With a 150million+ install base between PS3 and 360 vs maybe a few million on PS4 and X1 for its first year.... I think Rockstar knows EXACTLY what they are doing.... Law of statistics, probability, and/or ratios states that the higher the number the HIGHER the potential for relative percentage of the total being HIGHER than the lowest common denominator.... (this is stuff you learn in middle school)

Its already common knowledge (if you bother to read industry news) that Rockstar has ALREADY started making their money back on pre-orders alone..... 

Even if Rockstar will be releasing it later on Next-Gen consoles.... you'll be waiting for about a year. Seeing as it took them nearly 1 year to being GTA4 to PC.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (167 Views)
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Sep 15, 2013

i thought it took 2 years before they brought 4 to pc...but i could be wrong,it's been quite some time..lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10799 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Even if Rockstar will be releasing it later on Next-Gen consoles.... you'll be waiting for about a year. Seeing as it took them nearly 1 year to being GTA4 to PC.

I rather see the PC Version first then Rockstars would test PS4's Development features if they can port GTA5 the fastest they can. (remember Octodad: Dadliest Catch...I heard it was up and running on PS4 in 4 weeks) (accoring to  http://www.psnstores.com/2013/08/octodad-dadliest-catch-q-a/)

that's why they pretty much need PC first then Next-Gen if Rockstars plans to do that. (then i call it "SMART MOVE, ROCKSTARS")

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Here is a thought you guys can all think about... 

Remember what happened with Final Fantasy XIII? 

They wanted it on both 360 & PS3.... 

It was being made for PS3 only, & they had to stop Production, & take time to make a 360 Port of it... 

Mean while, neither Game on either Console sold very good, why? Because they both sucked... 

------------------------------------------------

Rock Star better not release GTA5 on the Next Gen, simply because of this... 

They could most likely ruin the Game... 

Lets just face it, they were working on it before PS4 was announced, now that it is, 
they shouldn't change it, just because... 

Point is, they'd do more harm then good, by going Next Gen... 

What my problem is, is that GTA on PC was what i've been dying to do for a long time now, 
& when I finally was able to do it, they say it's not comming out... 

That is Bull... It better hit PC, & I don't have a whole nother Year to wait for a PC Copy to be made... 
That just sucks... 

I'm already buying it for PS3, why not on PC, too... ~_~ 

If I have to wait a whole nother Year, there better be an explanation, like Map Editors, & such, 
I'd gladly wait for that... =D

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (142 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Sep 15, 2013

kythunder wrote:

i thought it took 2 years before they brought 4 to pc...but i could be wrong,it's been quite some time..lol

Yea, it took a long time to see it on PC

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9547 posts

Sep 15, 2013
Thats the dumbest thing I've read today. I traded in my ps3 so therefore rockstar made a mistake CAUSE THE WORLD REVOLVES AROUND SILVERANIMAL
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
293 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Hate to break it to you OP, but you're whining for no reason.

R* are smarter than you. They have a business plan. They are a corporation, you are an ignorant consumer.

~160 million people have PS3/X360 right now. Only a few million will have next gen consoles. R* have spent 265 million on GTAV, so they want maximum profit. To gain mamimum profit, they release GTAV on current gen so millions of people buy it.

THEN, a few months later when everyone has the game (some time in 2014), R* announce the next-gen and PC version so people buy the game twice.

Now do you realize how dumb your OP sounds?

Btw you sound like a 10 year old, hating R* for not releasing it on next-gen yet. Why don't you have a current gen console in the first place? If you want to miss the Game of the Generation, that's on you - not R*.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Sep 15, 2013

kythunder wrote:

The console version of Grand Theft Auto 4 came out on April 29, 2008 and the PC version came out on December 2, 2008. Seven months and three days.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (123 Views)
0 Likes