Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 12 2012
By: Logical_Dolphin PIayStation MVP 12905 posts

Rochard (one week turnaround)

7 replies 347 views Edited Dec 12, 2012

Wow, according to the PS store update, Rochard is only staying in the IGC for one week. That is the fastest I have seen in the IGC.

It certainly looks like the one game per week program is in effect....

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (347 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11057 posts

Re: Rochard (one week turnaround)

Dec 12, 2012

This seemed odd to me too. Street Fighter IV will stick around, but not Rochard. Though, having played and owned Street Fighter IV in the past, I would certainly say that's the better game compared to what I've experienced of Rochard.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (345 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 12, 2012
I certainly would have expected a game like Scott Pilgrim or Double Dragon would cycle next, but now we have a new precedent.

I really wish that the US PS+ program would announce approximately how long certain titles will stay available like the EU program does. Some of the full PS3 titles (Infamous, R&C, LBP2) may be up for up to a year if it cycles like the EU program...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (334 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3602 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Well double dragon was stated to be staying until January back when it came out. It is suprising to see rochard out so quick but hey if a new game takes its place no complaints here.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (324 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 12, 2012
I forgot that Double Dragon was staying that long, thanks for that reminder...
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (307 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I really wish that the US PS+ program would announce approximately how long certain titles will stay available like the EU program does. Some of the full PS3 titles (Infamous, R&C, LBP2) may be up for up to a year if it cycles like the EU program...

Agree.  I also wish Sony would do a better job of giving us advance notice.  I may be 100% wrong, but I can't imagine that the contract negations last until the 1-4 weeks before something is published for PS+ subscribers.

Maybe Sony figures with a quick in and quick out approach they can recycle some of these games in a quarter or two and claim that there are new PS+ subscribers that may not have the title.  Or that someone will miss out because they happen to be on vaca.  Or they can turn around an offer a discount.  Or some such.

The vaca part brings up an interesting idea.  Since Sony can push PS+ content, why not push everything, or at least add it to your download history (i.e. purchase for $0) so that you never miss out.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Dec 13, 2012
YES, that is nice.

they may replace R with new game within the next two weeks. Hope it to be a puzzle game << Limbo >> or better :smileyhappy:

This month games are good.

BioShock 2 is great game.

SF IV will take 2 days to be downloaded :smileyvery-happy: ,but seems to be great too.

Looking forward for the discounts and the free game
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (212 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
379 posts

Dec 14, 2012
At least that means we'll get something next week. I really hope they do a huge holiday sale too next week. I'll be really disappointed otherwise
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes