Mar 09 2012
By: bwhitlat First Son 30 posts

Ridge Racer Vita Retail - DLC Code included with game only downloads 3 new cars not 5, and 2 tracks not 3. March 8th warning, maybe wait until March 13th Playstation store update to try to redeem.

5 replies 335 views Edited Mar 9, 2012

I just got my retail copy of Ridge Racer Vita from Amazon yesterday Mar. 8th it has an update to 1.01 so I downloaded that and installed it.

The code that came in the box at least testing on Thursday March 8th, it only downloads 3 new cars, not 5 and 2 new tracks not 3.  This is terrible. Hopefully somehow maybe March 13th the other track and 2 cars will be downloaded automatically or available to download.

The playstation blog entry mentions there should be a free Gold Pass available on March 13th for the following:

• Five additional machines: PROMESSA, ELENIE, DIGNISTAR, FATALITA and MELTFIRE
  • Three additional courses: Old Central, Sunset Heights and Lost Ruins
  • Two music tracks: NEW SONGS PACK 01
  • One new extended music mix: LONG MIX BGM 01

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/02/ridge-racer-for-ps-vita-drifting-around-the-corner-on-marc...

Since Looking in the Ridge Racer box it came with a code which says to download: 5 additional cars, 3 additional tracks, and additional BGM. I figured this is the gold pass so I went ahead and tried to enter it into Playstation Store's redeem codes field and this is all I got downloaded onto my VITA and that appears in my download list:

* Music: The time is now

* Ridge Racer car 03 "DIGNISTAR"

* Ridge Racer car 02 "ELENIE"

* Ridge Racer car 01 "PROMESSA"

* Ridge Racer Course 01 "Old Central"

* Ridge Racer course 02 "Sunset Heights"

* Ridge Racer LONG MIX BGM 01

* Music: Racer's Delight

So maybe I installed and redeemed the code in the box too soon or an error occurred:

The Race course: Lost Ruins is missing

The Cars: FATALIA and MELTFIRE are missing too.

Does anyone else have this same problem?  OR did you get all 3 tracks and 5 cars?

Looking at my download list I can't find the missing track or cars. And going to Playstation store I can't find any Ridge Racer addon content. So maybe March 13th hopefully next Playstation Store update they will appear.

So if you got Ridge Racer PS Vita early already maybe hold off trying to install or redeem the code until next Tuesday when hopefully the missing track and cars will appear.

Maybe if everyone is having this problem then the missing track and cars will come to us on March 13th.

Message 1 of 6 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Re: Ridge Racer Vita Retail - DLC Code included with game only downloads 3 new cars not 5, and 2 tracks not 3. March 8th warning, maybe wait until March 13th Playstation store update to try to redeem.

Mar 10, 2012

That's all that's available right now - the others will show up on your download list once they're release. Not sure if that will be on March 13th or "at a later date"    

Message 2 of 6 (335 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Ridge Racer Vita Retail - DLC Code included with game only downloads 3 new cars not 5, and 2 tracks not 3. March 8th warning, maybe wait until March 13th Playstation store update to try to redeem.

Mar 10, 2012

Same here bwhitlat, thanks for confirming.  Wondering where the missing content was.  It's bad enough the game only has such little content to begin with, to be short-changed yet another time by the Gold Pass content is really disappointing.  Hopefully as Mike suggests the rest of the content will be released at the "official" launch of the game on the 13th.

Message 3 of 6 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
13759 posts

Mar 11, 2012

cant believe they are charging $30 for a demo.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?member=Grim%20Reaper
Message 4 of 6 (335 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Mar 12, 2012

I didn't realize the game had only 3 tracks and 5 cars when I ordered it so yes that was pretty bad, but I am happy Namco is providing 3 more tracks and 5 more cars as free with the Gold Pass even though they came after the release.

Just an update that I was able to get an email back from  Namco support and they replied with the following email, so no worries the 2 missing cars and remaining course will come to Playstation store eventually we'll just probably have to manually download them then when they do. So I will just try to be patient.  It just is starting to get boring racing the same courses over and over again, but hopefully Lost Ruins will help until they have more tracks available.

Email from Namco support:

Thank you for contacting Namco Bandai's Customer Support Department.

The Gold Pass allows users to download additional content that will be released in the upcoming weeks for free.

The following content is currently available for download:

- PROMESSA, ELENIE, and DIGNISTAR machines
- The Old Central and Sunset Heights courses.
- Two music tracks: NEW SONGS PACK 01
- One extended music mix: LONG MIX BGM 01

The rest of the Gold Pass content: The Lost Ruins course, the MELTFIRE, and
FATALITA machines will be released in the Playstation Store in the upcoming weeks. If you've already redeemed your code, you'll still be able to download the rest of the content for free once it becomes available in the Playstation Store.

Please feel free to contact us again in the future as the need arises.

Namco Bandai Games America Inc. Customer Support
E-Mail:
support@namcobandaigames.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NamcoBandai

Message 5 of 6 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Thanks for the post I was wondering the same, mainly about the new track since all the cars are essentially for looks.

With a dozen or so tracks this game is gonna get some decent play (hope that happens)! Personally I love what's on hand even if it's limited. I'm more into the feel of high speed control than rankings and career storylines.

Every poor review with video I've seen has people bumping into every other wall and are probably looking for something to hate.

Message 6 of 6 (335 Views)
0 Likes